• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell response to CAA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

so today I received a letter from the local county court "directions on allocation to the small claims track, and notice of trail date" I am a little confused as to how this has happened as Lowell have still not responded caa request nor sent a statement of account or original copy of credit agreement???

Comment

Amethyst jaguarsuk

Comment

It's just going through the court process - the last time they have really to provide the documents will be in the witness statements ( if you've got the notice of hearing there should be directions as to when witness statements need exchanging ( and when the claimant needs to pay the hearing fee ).
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Reading back we don't actually have much info on what the claim is for and what defence you entered.

Also note you say

Lowell have provided me with a copy of the deed of assignment

Is it actually the deed or just a notice of assignment ?

Any default notice?
            What was the original debt and how much is the claim ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

To clarify: the alleged debt is over £3000. Lowell have not provided statement of account, copy of original signed credit agreement, nor have they, or original creditor, responded to the CAA request, sent any legally binding documentation to support their claim. As stated in this thread, the court advised that mediation was not applicable due to the absence of the relevant documentation, so when sending directions questionnaire back to the court, I took their advise and said no to mediation and awaited their response. They have now sent "Directions on Allocation to the Small Claims Track, and Notice of Trial Date".

From receipt of this - do I now apply to the court to have the Order changed by being set aside or stayed, or do I await Lowell not paying the court fees by given date from the court and not being able to provide the relevant documentation and this case being struck out regardless. Why has the court not struck this out already when the claimant has not provided any evidence, I am confused how a hearing date is even applicable with this in mind?

Comment

wookie sent me the following by PM
                hello id seen you have been helping hybridtheory and seem to be very much in the know I am basically in exactly the same position but today a letter came through from the court with a hearing date ??? Lowell have failed to send me original copy of credit agreement or statement of account in fact they have sent no evidence what so ever to support their claim so iam a little confused as to how there is a hearing date / hope you can help cheers
                The reason they are progressing is they hope to get the documents before the deadline to submit evidence or scare you into paying up. Some faced with a looming hearing might shudder at the thought and just decide paying the debt is a lesser evil than having to go to court.
                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks for replying so what do you suggest I do ? Sit and wait or take the option of applying to change the order to stayed ? Think I only have 7 days and have to pay a fee

Comment

What I meant in my post is how has a judge looked at what's been presented so far and granted them a court hearing date?? Why have they not struck the claim out before it's even got to this stage ? Lowell have literally provided nothing no deed of assignment no original signed copy of credit agreement no statement of account just letters from themselves ??? I don't get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wookiee View Post
                      Thanks for replying so what do you suggest I do ? Sit and wait or take the option of applying to change the order to stayed ? Think I only have 7 days and have to pay a fee
                      You as the defendant won't be paying a fee, that part of the notice is for them.

Originally posted by Wookiee View Post
                      What I meant in my post is how has a judge looked at what's been presented so far and granted them a court hearing date?? Why have they not struck the claim out before it's even got to this stage ? Lowell have literally provided nothing no deed of assignment no original signed copy of credit agreement no statement of account just letters from themselves ??? I don't get it?
                      Because they don't actually have to provide the evidence until the point of exchanging Witness Statements even if you have made a part 31.14 request, it just does not look favourable on them in determining costs if they leave it until the last minute.

All you can do is wait I'm afraid.

COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

take the option of applying to change the order to stayed
                        I'm not sure where that has come from, if you aren't sure about anything in any letters that come from claimant or the court, just do a quick picture and post them up so we can check... sometimes the wording is a bit odd and unecessarily complicated. Or you can email me admin@legalbeagles.info.

When do your witness statements need exchanging ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst i will e mail them over to you tonight Ok thanks a lot you 2 that's great much appreciated

Comment

No worries, I'll keep an eye out later and post back on here
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X