• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj has been entered against me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj has been entered against me

Hi
    ive got a letter from lowell soicitors saying
    as im aware a ccj was entered against me on the 25/5/2018 and because i never replied the court has ordered i must pay as follows..£100 a month the debt is for a total of £425.
    now the thing im asking ..is this a genuine letter and has a ccj been orderd by the courts as i have had no letters from the court before hand and no letter from the courts now saying they have orded this..i just have lowell solicitors letters..any help at all on this matter would be great..i just feel is this one big con from lowell ..but also if its a genuine thing dont want bailiffs at the door..thanks in advance
    Tags: None

It is likely to be true. As it is recent you would be able to pay it up in full ( within 28 days) to avoid the CCJ being registered against your credit file, but of course you will want to find out what it is and decide whether to try have it set aside and defend. First step is to give the court a call, presumably Lowell have given you the Claim Referene ( copy of the court order? ). See if you can get the court to send you the judgment order and the original claim particulars so you can look at setting aside.

Likely Northampton CCBC - contact info https://courttribunalfinder.service....ss-centre-ccbc

Any idea what the original debt was?

For ref once you've found out more info - Set Aside info >Set Aside Application
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If the letter has a claim or judgement reference on it of 8 characters usually beginning with D then phone Northampton County Court Business Centre to clarify.

If they have ask where the forms were sent as you did not receive them and ask that they send a copy of the claim form along with the judgement to you.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

yes i know what its for and tbh its my fault for ignoring it a way back..northampton cc your right..ive just seen there useless at taking calls there..if i owe it and now im in the better position to pay it thats fine..i just felt lowell were usuing a scare tactic as i had nothing official for a court

Comment

Before paying it, just check with court....at least get a copy of the order emailed over .... presumably you don't want a CCJ on your credit file for the next 6 years ( in case you were thinking of just going along with the £100 a month ).

Also if Judgment has JUST been obtained on 25/5 they are letting you know to pay very quickly which rather says they knew your address all along , or suddenly managed to trace you if the court documents were issued to an old address.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

i was going to pay in full before the 25th of june as i dont want a ccj on file.i will email the courts as i have tried to call and after looking online everyone says the phone service there is bad..as in people took 4 days of calling before speaking to a actual real person..ok so maybe its a genuine letter regarding the court order ..but surely i thought i would have had a offical court letter saying so...otherwise i could send a letter to my mate saying the courts said pay me that £40 back

Comment

Originally posted by Funkindeadly View Post
              i was going to pay in full before the 25th of june as i dont want a ccj on file.i will email the courts as i have tried to call and after looking online everyone says the phone service there is bad..as in people took 4 days of calling before speaking to a actual real person..ok so maybe its a genuine letter regarding the court order ..but surely i thought i would have had a offical court letter saying so...otherwise i could send a letter to my mate saying the courts said pay me that £40 back
              If you were to pay the £100 monthly as the court ordered this still wouldn't show on your credit file, but if you have the means to settle in full then it is sensible to just get it out the way.

You should have had both a claim form and a judgement sent to you.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Oh..i thought if i paid the monthly installments the ccj would shiw and stay on record for 6 years..and the only way to avoid this was to pay in full....so just for the record ..if i pay the 100 a month as courts have said ..a ccj wont show on my records for 6 years..is that right

Comment

Originally posted by Funkindeadly View Post
                  Oh..i thought if i paid the monthly installments the ccj would shiw and stay on record for 6 years..and the only way to avoid this was to pay in full....so just for the record ..if i pay the 100 a month as courts have said ..a ccj wont show on my records for 6 years..is that right
                  Yes, because it would only be reported to trust online if you failed to maintain comply with the order of the court. They have ordered instalments and so you a perfectly entitled to stick to them.

I have a judgement against a debtor paying instalments and it has not been reported to trust online as they are sticking to the repayment ordered by the court.

Comment

I still disagree I'm afraid.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

This is a default judgment.

I believe this is the relevant exemptions and I have bolded the bit that gets confused .

So http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/3595/made
                      8(1) is the judgment will be registered bit ... then Exempt judgments – High Court and county courts

9. Regulation 8(1)(a) does not apply to—

(a)any judgment made—

(i)in family proceedings;

(ii)by the Administrative Court; or

(iii)by the Technology and Construction Court;

(b)any judgment made in proceedings which are the subject of an appeal under Part 52 of the 1998 Rules, until that appeal has been determined;

(c)any judgment, other than a liability order designated under section 33(5) of the Child Support Act 1991, where the hearing was contested, until—

(i)an order is made for payment by instalments following an application by the judgment creditor
                      ;

(ii)an application is made for payment by instalments by the judgment debtor;

(iii)the judgment creditor takes any step to enforce the judgment under Part 70 of the 1998 Rules (general rules about enforcement of judgments and orders);

(iv)the judgment creditor applies for an order under Part 71 of the 1998 Rules (orders to obtain information from judgment debtors);

(v)the judgment creditor applies for a certificate of judgment under rule 8 of CCR Order 22 in Schedule 2 to the 1998 Rules;

(d)an order for the payment of money arising from an action for the recovery of land (whether for costs, payments due under a mortgage, arrears of rent, or otherwise), until the creditor takes any step to enforce the order under Part 70 of the 1998 Rules;

(e)an order of a county court under—

(i)section 73(15) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(8) (order for the recovery of an amount which is payable under an adjudication of a parking adjudicator); or

(ii)paragraph 7 of Schedule 6 to that Act (order for the recovery of an increased penalty charge).
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Here ccr 22 https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ccrorder22.pdf

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Basically if you don't either set aside or pay within 28 days expect it to be on your credit file for six years - sometimes they don't get registered but mostly they do and it's not worth the risk IMO
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X