• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i Do not have copy to claim form

Comment

2: CPR 13.3 states (1) In any other case, the court may set aside or vary a judgment entered

under Part 12 if –

(a) the defendant has a real prospect of successfully defending the claim; or

(b) it appears to the court that there is some other good reason why –

(i) the judgment should be set aside or varied; or

(ii) the defendant should be allowed to defend the claim.

DO i need to write this in witness as It can irritate the judge

Comment

HI Jaguar
        Please check your pm

Comment

Can you post a copy of the application you made pls. ( redact personal details )

The hearing is to set aside based on that application, so important we know what it actually said, grounds for set aside would be the wrong address, grounds for defence would be the evidence of the debt … so depends what you put in the app how best to form your witness statement.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by freedom12 View Post
            2: CPR 13.3 states (1) In any other case, the court may set aside or vary a judgment entered

under Part 12 if –

(a) the defendant has a real prospect of successfully defending the claim; or

(b) it appears to the court that there is some other good reason why –

(i) the judgment should be set aside or varied; or

(ii) the defendant should be allowed to defend the claim.

DO i need to write this in witness as It can irritate the judge
            13.2 not 13.3
            COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

As I am reading the form it is assignment of debt and failure to comply with cpr18
              Last edited by freedom12; 5th June 2018, 09:13:AM. Reason: spellings

Comment

HI Jaguar
                Please check your pm
                Hi, to answer the question regarding demonstrating it being sent to the wrong address you need a copy of the claim form as that will show where it was sent and then ideally a bank statement from the same month showing your actual address. You then have evidence of the difference.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

As I am reading the form it is assignment of debt and failure to comply with cpr18
                  Okay, you need to post a copy of that application form so we can see exactly what you have applied for?

Comment

Ok will do it in short while

Comment

Ok will do it in short while
                      HI
                      Please check the attachment . I have attached the N244 form I filled
                      Attached Files

Comment

Anything in box 10?

Also have you the part 18 you sent ? ( and was that sent after judgment ?)
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Anything in box 10?

Also have you the part 18 you sent ? ( and was that sent after judgment ?)
                          Part 18 was sent after default judgement

I have filled box 10 already , So Do I still need witness statment.

Comment

Okay, so I think we need to know the exact steps of everything that has happened with this claim.

Did you receive the claim form?

Did you acknowledge the claim?

Did you file a defence?

When did you send Part 18 questions?

Why did you send them?

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
                              Okay, so I think we need to know the exact timeline of everything that has happened with this claim.

Did you receive the claim form? no judgement dated 2015

Did you acknowledge the claim? no

Did you file a defence? no

When did you send Part 18 questions? this year

Why did you send them?
                              for further info about debt assignment

Comment

for further info about debt assignment
                                Okay, so the fact you never received the claim form is the reason to set aside as of right.

They refused to answer part 18 questions as they are under no obligation to prove the debt as they have a judgement. If the judgement is set aside you will then ask for documents mentioned in the particulars of claim on the claim form N1 using CPR 31.14.

If you don't have a copy of the claim form you need to get one.

Whether you need to file a witness statement will depend on what you have written in section 10 of your application.

If you haven't done a Subject Access Request Letter to O2 then you need to ASAP.

I withdraw my previous comment that you don't need to prepare a draft defence, you do because you have applied under CPR 13.3 you will need to show the court you have a real prospect of sucessfully defending the claim.

Your draft defence needs to be something like:

1.I did not originally receive the claim form relating to Claim Number XXXXXXXX from the Court dated XX/XX/2015.

2.Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3.This claim appears to be for an agreement related to a telecommunications contract.

4.It is denied that the Defendant has entered into such an agreement/agreement with Original Creditor or /Claimant for telecommunications services.

5.The Defendant has received a copy of the original claim form from the court on XX/XX/2018.

6.The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

7.The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from [Original Creditor] to [Claimant] on [Date]. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

8.On the [Date] I sent a request for further information about this matter pursuant to CPR Part 18 to [Claimant’s Solicitor].

9.[Claimant’s Solicitor] have refused to answer those Part 18 questions.

10.Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

11.I request the court orders the Claimants to provide copies of the agreement with O2 numbered XXXXXXX, Notice of Default, Notice of Assignment from O2 to the Claimant and full history of the account in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

12.In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X