• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Maybe they only do a 5 day week?

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Being closed on Saturday makes sense for a business based in Israel, but being closed on Friday also?

Do they employ mostly Muslims?

Comment

So just send the drek to their registered office in Finchley Road.
      But the snag with that ... there's no-one (from any of the 738 businesses registered there), actually on site at the office at Finchley Rd ... so the items (drek! :yo will simply be delivered back to the unfortunate sender.

Comment

But we've established that it's not necessary to return the stuff. Why bother trying?

Comment

Originally posted by ZED View Post
          I’ve just phoned the people in Rugby ... the staff member I spoke to confirmed that they are not equipped to take returns on behalf of DS Marketing Ltd.
          I asked whether TFS (Rugby) were aware that their address had been published online as part of the scammers ‘terms and conditions’ as the address to where unwanted products should be sent.
          She said that they were aware of this ... and they have instructed DS Marketing to remove all reference to TFS from their website.
          She then gave me a phone number which is apparently the scammers head office: 0203 6429301. I googled the number ... In the UK, an 0203 number is a normal landline phone number within the London (020) area code. (I’m investigating ‘reverse look-up' at the moment!)
          Anyone got a screenshot of their site with the Rugby return address showing? Care to publish?

Comment

Probably exactly the same as with Israel, the company they only sells to them and they probably dont have facilities to take back samples and notify DM Marketing Ltd as they are not getting paid for that - so what an absolute nonsense sham this whole scam is. It is about time the Trading Standards woke and smelled the Roses and also the banks who are complicit in letting these scum bags get away with it.

A complaint to Companies House has to be sent as they do not have Israel listed on their Ltd company as overseas but they have it on their T&C's they also have a Rugby address which also has nothing to do with returns.Companies House will deal with complaints seriously. They must have an address somewhere otherwise how would they be able to deal with taking peoples credit/debit card numbers and have that facility with the bank.

Could the Dutch lady be operating all this from Holland? You also have her address in Holland - why dont you send the goooo back to her in Holland, I am sure she would appreciate receiving it back with NO postage paid?

I’ve just phoned the people in Rugby ... the staff member I spoke to confirmed that they are not equipped to take returns on behalf of DS Marketing Ltd.
            I asked whether TFS (Rugby) were aware that their address had been published online as part of the scammers ‘terms and conditions’ as the address to where unwanted products should be sent.
            She said that they were aware of this ... and they have instructed DS Marketing to remove all reference to TFS from their website.
            She then gave me a phone number which is apparently the scammers head office: 0203 6429301. I googled the number ... In the UK, an 0203 number is a normal landline phone number within the London (020) area code. (I’m investigating ‘reverse look-up' at the moment!)

Comment

took the parcel to the post office today, paid £9.90 for airmail to Israel address (just got proof of posting thats all!) did as they asked, put name, address, email etc on outside and inside and also put a covering letter inside (also emailed all this info to the returns dept as well) I stated on the covering letter, that if they send any more products to me, they will be refused and I wont be paying for them! Also have done a "screen print" of my account with them showing that I changed the account setting to NO AUTO REFILL. Hated sending it to Israel, but in a way glad I did as by the sounds of it, the Rugby address wouldn't have signed for it now!? Thanks for all your help, you are all stars!!

Comment

no, not a screen shot unfortunately - I just copied and pasted, shame should have done, they are a bunch of scum bags!

Comment

Originally posted by Hels64 View Post
                  they are a bunch of scum bags!
                  They aren't. :rofl:

Comment

I have found a very useful leaflet, produced by the OFT, A Short Guide for Business on Distance Selling.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...ral/oft913.pdf

It includes:

How to comply with the DSRs
                    You must give your consumers certain information before they agree to buy from you. We refer to this as pre-contractual information which includes the following:
                    • sufficient detail for the consumer to be able to identify the business they are dealing with
                    • a description of the main characteristics of the goods or services you are offering
                    • the price of the goods or services you are offering, including all taxes
                    • details of any delivery costs
                    • details of how payments can be made
                    • if payment is required in advance, you must supply your full geographic address

(this is not the whole list of conditions)

The company fails on the very first point. The company does not give an address.

Nor, and more importantly, do they detail the price of the goods.

A further extract from the leaflet:

Information to be provided once consumers have decided to buy
                    If you provide pre-contractual information in a form that does not allow it to be stored or reproduced by the consumer, such as during a phone call or on a website, then you must confirm in writing, or in another durable medium (such as e-mail or fax) accessible to the consumer that can be kept for future reference and which cannot be edited. We do not consider that information on a website is durable as it can be altered after the consumer has accessed it.
                    In addition to the above information, consumers should also be told:
                    • when and how to exercise their rights under the DSRs to cancel including
                    – for goods – whether you require goods to be returned by the consumer and if so who will pay for their return

I have checked the email I received when I placed the order, and none of the pre-contractual information has been included.

also

• the geographic address of the business to which the consumer may direct any complaints. In the OFT’s view this means a physical location and therefore excludes a PO Box address.

As we all know, there is not an address to write to. I have sent an email, attaching the leaflet, and also asking for an address to write to.

.............. the DSRs give consumers an unconditional right to cancel a contract and legally oblige you to refund all sums due in relation to the contract, this means the full price of the goods, or deposit or prepayment made including the cost of the delivery.

To anyone that has ordered and cancelled, I would send the bit about unconditional rights to cancel to your bank. By email. I would also suggest that you email the company and ask for an address to complain to. It cannot be a PO Box number, so the Israel address won't work.

Don't be accept the address in Finchley - that is quite probably a cupboard somewhere. It is only the registered office, and there will be no one from the company there.

What does puzzle me though is that the goo is clearly being shipped from an address in the UK, the Israel company clearly are not shipping direct. I think it may well be worthwhile going back to the Rugby company - It may well be that they are actually shipping the products.

Comment

The place in Rugby don't deny that they despatch the products for DS Marketing ... but they insist that this is their sole role with regard to any dealings with that firm. They actually appear to be quite a large business ... operating as 'despatchers only' for q number of firms: many of them are familiar household names. Here's their website: http://www.tfstore.co.uk/index.html They describe themselves as a "Stock Management Business"..
                      I was intending to write to Warwickshire trading standards this weekend ... so I’ll continue with that plan as the Rugby outfit may be breaking some regs. by processing orders for cosmetic goods which are in breach of the EU labelling regs.

Comment

The place in Rugby don't deny that they despatch the products for DS Marketing ... but they insist that this is their sole role with regard to any dealings with that firm.
                        Nonsense.

What would happen to a package that had been wrongly addressed? Why, it would be sent back whence it had been posted - so they must have some way of processing "undeliverable" returns.

Comment

Nonsense.

What would happen to a package that had been wrongly addressed? Why, it would be sent back whence it had been posted - so they must have some way of processing "undeliverable" returns.
                          Bizarrely, there's no 'return address' on the packages.

Comment

I am posting some of this info for those that are probably guests reading this thread, who have placed an order, and who then want to cancel. There follows a link to a BBC webiste, followed by a Which web site. Re distance selling regs. I do like the letter that can be sent (link on the BBC site and amended slightly if the payment has not been taken to instruct them not to take the money). If I was sending this letter - by email as there is no actual address, I would also send a copy to my bank/card co.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theonesho...nce_selli.html

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...g-regulations/

The seller is obliged to provide a geographical address ie a trading address. The PO Box doesn't comply. The Finchley address would not suffice as this is the registered office, which is quite distinct from a trading address. As regards the Rugby address, (and I confess I don't know much about the law of agency), as this is the only UK address from which the company effectively trades, it may well be that TFS have, unwittingly, become the trading address. This may also lead them to have some responsibilities as regards Dead Sea. It is a scam, aided and abetted by TFS, no matter what their protestations may be, they still have responsibilities. How do they know that what they are shipping is not counterfeit/illegal/drugs?

In simple terms, if Dead Sea don't have a UK distributor, it stops their game. More pressure to be put on TFS methinks.

The main point of all this to me is that because of the complete disregard Dead Sea have for the distance selling regs, I think that on cancellation, I would ask that return postage be paid, and that a UK return adress be provided. If they do not comply, (and give them 10 days) that is their problem, you are still not obliged to pay for the goods.

I know that we all think that because it is part of the terms and conditions we have to follow what Dead Sea say, and the card companies go by this rule as well, until they are challenged. This is not true. As Zed has pointed out, there are prejudicial terms which, I believe would be thrown out by a UK court.

Remember, Dead Sea are running a scam and then bully the customers with inaccurate and prejudicial terms and conditions.

A final thought - has anyone got on to HM Revenue & Customs to see if they are Vat registered? I think I may well have a go on Monday.

Comment

Bizarrely, there's no 'return address' on the packages.
                              Then the undelivered package would go to the Royal Mail "dead letter" office in Belfast, where it would be opened for any clue about the sender's address. If there is still no clue whence the package came, the contents may then be sold or destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by scubakay View Post
                                It is a scam, aided and abetted by TFS, no matter what their protestations may be, they still have responsibilities. How do they know that what they are shipping is not counterfeit... ?
                                Might the drek dealers be selling counterfeit mud?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X