• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Refund for faulty Van

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your reply .
    in the letter I requested my refund to be paid within 14 days, should I reply to the their letter saying that the van has already been rejected and inspected as they requested and that their client has 14 days from receiving the before court action letter to pay the refund if this is not received court claim will be actioned

Comment

I would not get involved playing letter tennis with Legal Solutions.

Just reiterate you have sent a LBA which stands.

Comment

Dear all
        I've received this reply can you please advise me on this.

Thank you for your email. You will be aware from your discussions with Trading Standards that the parties are obliged to try and resolve the issue without the need for litigation. We strongly suggest that you seek legal advice on your position and obstruction to refuse our client the right to get the vehicle inspected.

We respectfully point out that your report from Evans Halshaw is not deemed independent despite your assertion. Should you refuse to permit an independent inspection then upon the issuing of legal proceedings our Client has advised that they will request of the court that the parties are given permission for an independent inspection. It is highly probable that the court would insist on an independent inspection in any event and the parties would be bound by the outcome of the inspection. Your report from Evans Halshaw is not deemed independent.

In order to get to the above juncture is going to take circa 4 months and costs will be incurred by both parties. We are trying to avoid the need for litigation hence our suggestion.

Should you refuse the above resolution then our client reserves the right to raise the above issue to the court in any application for costs to demonstrate your obstructive behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSpeedy View Post
          Dear all
          I've received this reply can you please advise me on this.

Thank you for your email. You will be aware from your discussions with Trading Standards that the parties are obliged to try and resolve the issue without the need for litigation. We strongly suggest that you seek legal advice on your position and obstruction to refuse our client the right to get the vehicle inspected.

We respectfully point out that your report from Evans Halshaw is not deemed independent despite your assertion. Should you refuse to permit an independent inspection then upon the issuing of legal proceedings our Client has advised that they will request of the court that the parties are given permission for an independent inspection. It is highly probable that the court would insist on an independent inspection in any event and the parties would be bound by the outcome of the inspection. Your report from Evans Halshaw is not deemed independent.

In order to get to the above juncture is going to take circa 4 months and costs will be incurred by both parties. We are trying to avoid the need for litigation hence our suggestion.

Should you refuse the above resolution then our client reserves the right to raise the above issue to the court in any application for costs to demonstrate your obstructive behaviour.
          Have you got access to Google Reviews?

Just enter Legal Solutions4u into Google, on the lefthand side you have reviews, you only need to read the first one, to see they are 'jokers'.

They've had the opportunity to inspect the van, where instead of inspecting (they tried to fix it), they then said you need to get it inspected independently, which you've done. Now they want to inspect it again, which is nonsense. The Court will focus on the Evans Halshaw report.

Comment

How much did you pay for the van? If over £10k your claim is likely to be allocated to the fast track.

Have you got legal expenses insurance included with your motor vehicle insurance?
            RAC's Legal Care Plus insurance covers legal costs if the customer needs a solicitor to claim against a car dealer or garage
            Last edited by Pezza54; 14th February 2024, 11:16:AM.

Comment

You sent an LBA and should follow that up.

You originally rejected the vehicle back in December and have been played like a fish ever since.

Tell L4U that you are content with the independent report, that their client has failed to satisfactorily repair the vehicle and you are now initiating court action

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
                How much did you pay for the van? If over £10k your claim is likely to be allocated to the fast track.

Have you got legal expenses insurance included with your motor vehicle insurance?
                RAC's Legal Care Plus insurance covers legal costs if the customer needs a solicitor to claim against a car dealer or garage
                The booklet for this policy does state the customer is covered during the term of the policy when buying a non-commercial vehicle and the dealer or garage is in breach of the agreement. The appointed solicitor has to decide the claim has more than 51% chance of success before proceeding

Comment

Thank you all for your help

Comment

Thank you all for your help
                    What you need to do, is get a chronology of events (dates / events, easy to follow).

Comment

Hello everyone.

​​​​​​Many thanks again to you all.
                      I paid £8799 for the van, I've checked but don't have legal expenses included.
                      I'm a retired member of unison so I'll contact them to sort out a solicitor for court action, it's beyond a joke so I don't mind having to pay to get money back.

Just one more question how do I take court action?

Comment

Hello everyone.

I'm a retired member of unison so I'll contact them to sort out a solicitor for court action, it's beyond a joke so I don't mind having to pay to get money back.

It's not as daunting as you might perceive, many threads where claimants have litigated in person -

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...erson-handbook

Comment

Hello everyone.

You might find the solicitors costs will outweigh any award the court makes,
                          Costs awarded on the small claims track are very limited and will not include the majority of a solicitor's charges

A guide to the sort of claim you will be making can be found here: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...+web+FINAL.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X