• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance PPI Reclaim continued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance PPI Reclaim continued

I originally submitted a PPI mis-selling claim with Welcome Finance in which they originally up-held then decided to pass details to Dial4ALoan (same address as Welcome), who I then received a response stating that they were not regulated at time of sale (November 2003) and therefore PPI claim rejected.

I had no prior dealings with Dial4ALoan or ever received any correspondence from them but I do remember only dealing with Welcome who contacted me to confirm loan was successful. So on that basis I submitted two SAR's, one to Welcome and the other to Dial4ALoan.

Firstly received details (lack of it) from Dial4ALoan, which consisted of a copy of a completed FOS PPI questionnaire that I had originally sent to Welcome (who had passed on to Dial4ALoan), various internal commission sheets (some with Welcome Finance Services printed on them) between them and Welcome and an internal processing sheet with no figures but with various abbreviations and notes. There is some information on the sheet stating that loan had been reinstated with WFS ? There are no original loan application details or anything confirming details sent to my address from Dial4ALoan ?

Secondly I received the Welcome SAR details and amongst various documentation, I have located a A & T Finance Loan application dated September 2003, in which I recall was unsuccessful due to lack of equity in my property at time.

I do also remember Welcome contacting me and selling the PPI product, for the eventual loan to be successful but they never explained terms and conditions of policy, and I have recently found out that is was only for 5 years and not to term end.

Does anyone know if Welcome Finance own Dial4ALoan as they are now no longer trading ? Has anyone experienced a similar situation and can kindly shed some light on where I stand or what to do next ?

I am becoming rather frustrated with this lot as today I have received a further letter from Welcome re SAR, saying that they do not have to disclose or keep any information older than six years as per ICO website ? They also state that data that was sent confirms that Welcome were not involved in the policy sale and that it was sold by Dial4ALoan, who I had no prior dealings with.

Sorry for long post but any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance PPI Reclaim continued

Not as such, do the documents you have mention Norwich Union ( Aviva)?
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      Not as such, do the documents you have mention Norwich Union ( Aviva)?
      Yes dogtired, Welcome actually confirmed it.

Comment

You can try and claim any PPI off them.
        Di30 has a good template and a thread.
        I did get some back by this, took a while as Aviva rejected at first.
        Worth thinking about.
        Did you do a full SDAR, as far as I know they have to comply but some time ago, just before they went under a load of data was lost.

Comment

You can try and claim any PPI off them.
          Di30 has a good template and a thread.
          I did get some back by this, took a while as Aviva rejected at first.
          Worth thinking about.
          Did you do a full SDAR, as far as I know they have to comply but some time ago, just before they went under a load of data was lost.
          Sorry yes I did also send Norwich Union / Aviva the letter kindly provided (apologies forgot to mention head all over the place with this one at moment) but they rejected claim on the basis that they were not responsible for sale of PPI and that as Welcome were regulated at time, that I should pursue them. They also basicly said that if I didn't agree with their decision that I have 6 months to go to FOS.

If you don't mind me asking, did you receive something similar and how did you respond ?

Sorry again to sound stupid but what's the difference between a SDAR and a SAR ?

Comment

Did go via Aviva at first and then to FOS, about five months into that got a offer from them.
            Prior to that I did try for PPI via FOS but Welcome tried to get is to sign a new agreement.
            If yours was after 2005 you can always try the Financial Compensation Service .
            Welcome seem to have their own section.
            I cannot understand why they have been allowed to continue to enflict misery on people , mine is still on going and I have been told it's unenforceable but they have passed it on to two DCAS
            Not sure of the difference myself !

Comment

Did go via Aviva at first and then to FOS, about five months into that got a offer from them.
              Prior to that I did try for PPI via FOS but Welcome tried to get is to sign a new agreement.
              If yours was after 2005 you can always try the Financial Compensation Service .
              Welcome seem to have their own section.
              I cannot understand why they have been allowed to continue to enflict misery on people , mine is still on going and I have been told it's unenforceable but they have passed it on to two DCAS
              Not sure of the difference myself !
              Thanks again dogtired and looks as if I will have to involve FOS regarding AVIVA, in which I wanted to avoid.

Did you submit separate complaints to FOS, one for Welcome and one for Aviva ? Or just contacted FOS amending details ?
              Mine was taken November 2003 in which Welcome / Aviva were regulated and have confirmation of connection between the parties involved.

They are driving me mad with this one as seem to all be blaming each other yet it quite clearly was mis-sold !!!!

OK no worries, just think one is in respect of an account in debt but sure the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                Thanks again dogtired and looks as if I will have to involve FOS regarding AVIVA, in which I wanted to avoid.

Did you submit separate complaints to FOS, one for Welcome and one for Aviva ? Or just contacted FOS amending details ?
                Mine was taken November 2003 in which Welcome / Aviva were regulated and have confirmation of connection between the parties involved.

They are driving me mad with this one as seem to all be blaming each other yet it quite clearly was mis-sold !!!!

OK no worries, just think one is in respect of an account in debt but sure the same.
                Also if you don't mind me asking did you get any interest added to payout amount ?

Comment

Also if you don't mind me asking did you get any interest added to payout amount ?
                  Not from Aviva , no.
                  Separate complaints the Welcome one we rejected and found out about the underwriters via Di sent the template, they rejected, went to FOS and after five moths got the offer (worked out just a shade under the original ppi premium)

Comment

Not from Aviva , no.
                    Separate complaints the Welcome one we rejected and found out about the underwriters via Di sent the template, they rejected, went to FOS and after five moths got the offer (worked out just a shade under the original ppi premium)
                    Ok many thanks again for your reply.

So therefore any pay-out from Underwriters does not have to include 8% simple interest ?

Comment

Not in my case. Do not know about any one else.
                      I used it to pay off a credit card.

Ok many thanks again for your reply.

So therefore any pay-out from Underwriters does not have to include 8% simple interest ?

Comment

Not in my case. Do not know about any one else.
                        I used it to pay off a credit card.
                        Ok cheers again for reply.

Comment

Bazza

thanks for your pm.

Do you want a copy of my letter to help you with the underwriter before you mention this to the FOS?

You can then take to the FOS (underwriter) if this fails.

Sorry wasnt sure if you had already had a copy of my letter or not, let me know, cheers. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Bazza

Tried to pm you back again.

It says you have exceeded the messages LOL and you shall have to delete some old ones (in order to receive further pm's) thought i had better let you know, hope that's okay? X

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Bazza

Tried to pm you back again.

It says you have exceeded the messages LOL and you shall have to delete some old ones (in order to receive further pm's) thought i had better let you know, hope that's okay? X
                              Sorry just deleted some and thanks for notice :tinysmile_twink_t2: x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X