• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse PPI reclaim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Horse PPI reclaim

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
    hi

missed this

will look look this aft
    Thanks Turbo, look forward to hearing your thoughts.......

Comment

just back an hour ago--on your case(s) now--but I expect Bill has covered all bases--but I will re check the figures too

Originally posted by d1anne View Post
      Thanks Turbo, look forward to hearing your thoughts.......

Comment

hmmm---they certainly sent you loads of stuff--as Lawrence Edward Grace ("Titus") Oates said

I may be some time
        EDIT---D1anne--if you are comfortable posting the 4 page letter as attachments on this thread--I'm sure it would be of interest to other people following the thread too--if not---we fully respect that
        Last edited by Turboman; 18th February 2013, 17:47:PM. Reason: as EDIT line

Comment

hmmm---they certainly sent you loads of stuff--as Lawrence Edward Grace ("Titus") Oates said
          They sent me supposedly......... the workings on how they reached the decision that they owed me £1200 on there about's but looking at Bills workings it seems that they have not worked this out correctly, this is what I need to tke up with them, if you agree to how Bill has calculated it out. lol

Comment

got gd till about 7:00--will therefore be back about 8:00--but see my EDIT LINE above too re attachments from BH

Comment

EDIT---D1anne--if you are comfortable posting the 4 page letter as attachments on this thread--I'm sure it would be of interest to other people following the thread too--if not---we fully respect that
              Yes turbo that's fine, I just don't know how to but feel free to attach them to this thread on my behalf, I e mailed them to you and bill.

Comment

Here you go then-compressed them to make smaller file size--lol

Hmmm---unreadable-compressed them too much--I'll have another go after tea

You got facility on your scanner to scan as a PDF file D1Anne?--as that would be better

EDIT--re posted them in post 99

Originally posted by d1anne View Post
                Yes turbo that's fine, I just don't know how to but feel free to attach them to this thread on my behalf, I e mailed them to you and bill.
                Last edited by Turboman; 18th February 2013, 21:21:PM.

Comment

Here you go then-compressed them to make smaller file size--lol

Hmmm---unreadable-compressed them too much--I'll have another go after tea

You got facility on your scanner to scan as a PDF file D1Anne?--as that would be better
                  Turbo, your having a laugh arnt you ?? it took me all my time to work out how to scan the pages and attach them........... sorry I just had a look no sorry Turbo, my printer wont let me scan as pdf.......... but had a look at the files you have uploaded and other than being a bit blurred they look fine, so maybe increasing the size a little will enable others to read them. gd luck.
                  Last edited by d1anne; 18th February 2013, 20:05:PM.

Comment

Right--posting the 7 most important docs so others can follow this thread (one of complexity)---(put em in Photobucket for you D1Anne)

The 3 Statements:

The recent 4 page letter from BH:

Comment

• Re: Black Horse PPI reclaim

just back an hour ago--on your case(s) now--but I expect Bill has covered all bases--but I will re check the figures too
                      Just waiting on Turbo now to recheck bills figures then I will compose my letter of reply back to black horse, as people following this post can probably now see it is turning into a game of ping pong........ I will keep pursuing this though and see what the end up will be ( hopefully it will be in my favour ) will keep the forum updated with the latest info.

Comment

Bill

re Loan 1 & 2 statements

BH refund 2 mthly payments at end--so the first line on their summary of payments would be correct --- whereas you have taken the payments without the refunded pymnts--ie Loan 1-- 6 pymnts not 8--Loan 2-- 6 pymnts not 7

omg--I got paperwork covering the table---this is easily the most complex case we have ever had with these new FSA rules/guidelines----far more complex than Pompey & Nelliewops--imo

I am struggling myself to see the wood from the trees
                        Last edited by Turboman; 18th February 2013, 22:54:PM.

Comment

D1Anne

I am so sorry---I just cannot get my head round either Black Horses detailed explanations nor Bill's either--I have spent a few hours--but to no avail and am so frustrated

I am out of my depth I'm afraid---and I never expected to have to say that--but there you go.

However Bill--the differences between your loan 3 analysis and Black Horse's are massive-----but I can't understand why

Turbs

Comment

Turbo - ignore everything else for now, and just concentrate on the 3 account statements ONLY. I have taken these as true statements of account - therefore all dates, amounts and balances are taken as factual.
                            Start with Loan 1.
                            8 payments WERE made, and WERE included in the balance owing on 01/02/07.
                            The loan was partially settled on 16/02/07, leaving a balance owing of £8.57.
                            The account was credited with £151.89 "Settlement Adj." on 19/02/07, leaving a credit balance of £143.32.
                            The account was finally debited with £143.32 "Refund" on 27/02/07, leaving a zero balance.
                            PPI was therefore charged on all 8 payments
                            If this final refund was actually made to D1anne separately, then we need to confirm that, and deduct £143.32 x 13.9204% = £19.95 from the £119.72 claim I put forward earlier, making the claim £99.77.

Now, the PPI 'Carry-Forward' (or 'Flowthrough' as BH have mentioned) :-
                            There was actually a ninth payment made on 16/02/07 toward this loan, in the form of a credit of £1879.39.
                            Previously, we may have claimed £261.62 as the 13.9204% PPI element of this as a part of the claim for Loan 1, but not under current FSA rules.
                            This £1879.39 forms a part of the total advance for Loan 2, which itself had £1142.99 PPI charged to it.
                            So, the total of the PPI element in Loan 2 was actually £1142.99 + £261.62 = £1404.61, which is 22.8652% of the total loan advance.

We repeat this for Loans 2 & 3.
                            The 'Carry-Forward' has the effect of increasing the apportionment factor in the subsequent loan(s), and the 'brought-forward' PPI is reclaimed in this way. It has the effect of increasing the claim quantum, so it is to the claimant's advantage.
                            Originally posted by Turbo
                            the differences between your loan 3 analysis and Black Horse's are massive-----but I can't understand why
                            With Loan 3, the settlement was NOT made with a further BH consolidation loan, so we DO have to claim the PPI element in the settlement directly this time.
                            The debt was settled with a repayment of £10619.56. As 29.141% of this was PPI, then £3094.65 is due to be refunded from this.
                            I believe this is where BH have made their error, in that they 'Carried-Forward' the £3094.65 PPI to nowhere !!!

For simplicity, we could perhaps accept their figures for loans 1 & 2, and simply dispute loan 3's offer, as this is where the main error is, IMO. But that's up to D1anne to decide.

Comment

If this final refund was actually made to D1anne separately, then we need to confirm that, and deduct £143.32 x 13.9204% = £19.95 from the £119.72 claim I put forward earlier, making the claim £99.77.
                              HI Bill-K I do vaguely remember being credited with an amount at the end of these loans, so I DO believe this information that black horse have stated could be correct.

Comment

WOW..... what a minefield you have had to work through and to hear our Turbs stating that he cannot get his round the calculations they must be very difficult. Hats off anyway to both Turbs and Bill for the amazing work you have both done in unravelling the calculations.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X