• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse PPI reclaim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Horse PPI reclaim

Send em to simiantics@gmail.com both me & Bill have joint access d1Anne and totally private to only us 2

Originally posted by d1anne View Post
    I haqve received this morning spreadsheets for all 3 of my loans, i think it will probably be best to scan these and attach rather than type all the info on them up, I have to say tho, i dont see anything on them about PPI but i must have it or they wouldnt be offering me a refund of £1199.11 when i work out how to, ill blank out my personal details and scan these and post them for you to see, hopefully then someone will be able to look and see if they have worked the refund payment out correctly......

Bill can you provide e mail address i can send attachments to, just incase i cant work out how to put attachments on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
      Send em to simiantics@gmail.com both me & Bill have joint access d1Anne and totally private to only us 2

Thanks, have sent as requested, i did try to attach on forum but for some reason it didnt work !!!!!!! lol

Comment

Ok...will look when i get on my desktop in an hour ish (on phone now)

Comment

Hmmm---they have been very co-operative in giving you the 3 statements so detailed--most unexpected

What we now need to do is separate the Loan into its 2 components for each of the 3 loans

• 1-The Cash Advance
          • 2-The PPI SPI Loan

We'll peruse these now this evening between ourselves when Bill comes on-line (we discuss things via Skype webcam)
          Ideally--we'd like the Settlement Letters for the loans--but no matter--we'll see if we can reconcile stuff from what we've got and post 8

I expect we will come back to you late evening/early morning D1

Turbs
          Last edited by Turboman; 29th December 2012, 17:04:PM. Reason: ..and post 8

Comment

Hmmm---they have been very co-operative in giving you the 3 statements so detailed--most unexpected

What we now need to do is separate the Loan into its 2 components for each of the 3 loans

• 1-The Cash Advance
            • 2-The PPI SPI Loan

We'll peruse these now this evening between ourselves when Bill comes on-line (we discuss things via Skype webcam)
            Ideally--we'd like the Settlement Letters for the loans--but no matter--we'll see if we can reconcile stuff from what we've got and post 8

I expect we will come back to you late evening/early morning D1

Turbs
            Thanks Turboman, i have cross referred the first letter they sent with there wierd figures ( I have posted this info in a thread above ) and what i received today but went over my head ( probably what the figures are designed to do ) sorry I dont have any settlement letters from them from what i can recall I called them up asked for a settlement figure and paid to clear them off as the statement on loan 3 shows. still makes no sense to me tho......... lol
            I appreciate what you and Bill are doing tho and am eternally grateful, I will await your response of what you have come up with and see what my next step will be.

Comment

I think we may have all we need with these statements + your info as in post 8

Me and Bill now need to get our heads round understanding their logic

However--you definitly had PPI on all 3 loans

• Loan 1---£323.43 PPI Loan for your £2,000.00 Advance making total loan £2,323.43 ie PPI is 13.9203% of Total Loan
              • Loan 2---£1,142.99 PPI Loan for your £5,000 Advance making total loan £6,142.99 ie PPI is 18.6064% of Total Loan
              • Loan 3---£2,496.04 PPI Loan for your £10,000 Advance making total loan £12,496.04 ie PPI is 19.9747% of Total Loan

These %'ge are our Apportionment Factors from which we derive the PPI element of your monthly payments

see here for theory: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...c-Spreadsheets

So at the moment I have deduced
              • For Loan 1 you paid 6 x £71.66 = £429.96 giving £59.82 as in Post 8 first line (within a couple of pence)
              • For Loan 2 you paid 6 x £128.43 = ££770.58 giving £143.40 as in Post 8 first line (within a couple of pence)

Now need to work on Interest etc Settlement Pymnts but having a break for an hour---BUT I think me and Bill got all info we need--

Turbs

Thanks Turboman, i have cross referred the first letter they sent with there wierd figures ( I have posted this info in a thread above ) and what i received today but went over my head ( probably what the figures are designed to do ) sorry I dont have any settlement letters from them from what i can recall I called them up asked for a settlement figure and paid to clear them off as the statement on loan 3 shows. still makes no sense to me tho......... lol
              I appreciate what you and Bill are doing tho and am eternally grateful, I will await your response of what you have come up with and see what my next step will be.

Comment

That's looking good to me for interim figures so far Turbo. As you say, we need to get to grips with the settlements, and then the carried forward PPI amounts. From what I can see, they have a settlement figure, which will be the total amount c/f'd to the next loan. Then they have credited the account with an early settlement PPI rebate. BUT - it appears that they have then clawed this back with a mysterious debit.

Comment

Hi D1Anne

me & bill started discussing on Skype--BUT

Queen on BBC4 Sky 116 till 3:00am including Queen Live in Budapest (just been there)

Sooooooo--as most on here know---everything stops for Queen for me---so sorry Bill & D1Anne--out of the game till morning-pmsl

Comment

While Mr T is watching Queen, I have taken D1anne's figures and worked on them separately. I agree with the initial Apportionment Factors in post #36. What Turbo has realised, which I did not, is that either one or two payments were refunded to the account upon settlement. The 'Settlement Adj.' in the statements is - as far as I can understand - a sneaky way of avoiding the 'carry forward' of PPI from one loan to the next. I am having extreme difficulty with another claim, where LTSB are refusing to accept that the PPI must be properly carried forward.

So - I have taken the settlement figures from each account and combined them to give a final 'effective' settlement amount for each loan, and put these into 3 spreadsheets. I have also used these settlement figures to calculate the PPI which should be 'carried forward' to each loan. This has the effect of increasing the Apportionment Factor' in loans 2 & 3 from Turbo's original figures in post #36 (I need to point out that Turbo's figures were correct - but this is the next stage in the calculations). So - hopefully, Turbo and I will arrive at the same answer by slightly different routes - which will be good.

The bottom line is the total offer. BH have offered £1273.04, less income tax of £73.93, which comes to £1199.11.
                    By my calcs (as at 30/01/12), BH should have offered £3529.42, less income tax of £30.18, which comes to £3912.24.

Please don't get excited, yet, though. This needs Turbo's opinion. The difference in these figures needs checking out properly.

Comment

Right--back (Queen Live in Budapest fantastic btw--just been there and it was great to recognize places)

Well done Bill on work so far

Will get back on figures after breakfast--in meantime--Bill--do you want to post the SS's in Simiantics.

Eventually when me & Bill have reached consensus-I will post all in 1 post (if you ok with that D1Anne)

• the images that Blackhorse sent D1Anne and me and Bill now got access to
                      • post 8 figures from D1Anne
                      • figures that me & Bill think are fair with explanations

So that others can see the detailed analysis

Right--back later

Turbs

Comment

D1Anne

What date did you receive the info in post 8?

Was there anything in the covering letter which told you what date the 8% stat interest was calculated up to?

Turbs

Comment

D1Anne

What date did you receive the info in post 8?

Was there anything in the covering letter which told you what date the 8% stat interest was calculated up to?

Turbs
                          I received the info in post 8 letter dated 18th December 2012
                          8% interest calculated till 15th january 2013 going by other info on the first letter I have received.

Comment

Right--back (Queen Live in Budapest fantastic btw--just been there and it was great to recognize places)

Well done Bill on work so far

Will get back on figures after breakfast--in meantime--Bill--do you want to post the SS's in Simiantics.

Eventually when me & Bill have reached consensus-I will post all in 1 post (if you ok with that D1Anne)

• the images that Blackhorse sent D1Anne and me and Bill now got access to
                            • post 8 figures from D1Anne
                            • figures that me & Bill think are fair with explanations

So that others can see the detailed analysis

Right--back later

Turbs
                            Yes im fine with figures etc being posted, will I be able to print something out in way of an explanation that BH SHOULD understand the workings so that I can go back to them with it disputing the offer amount and asking them to check calculations ?? Obviously IF you both agree that BH workings are wrong this is the next thing i will have to take up with them ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                              While Mr T is watching Queen, I have taken D1anne's figures and worked on them separately. I agree with the initial Apportionment Factors in post #36. What Turbo has realised, which I did not, is that either one or two payments were refunded to the account upon settlement. The 'Settlement Adj.' in the statements is - as far as I can understand - a sneaky way of avoiding the 'carry forward' of PPI from one loan to the next. I am having extreme difficulty with another claim, where LTSB are refusing to accept that the PPI must be properly carried forward.

So - I have taken the settlement figures from each account and combined them to give a final 'effective' settlement amount for each loan, and put these into 3 spreadsheets. I have also used these settlement figures to calculate the PPI which should be 'carried forward' to each loan. This has the effect of increasing the Apportionment Factor' in loans 2 & 3 from Turbo's original figures in post #36 (I need to point out that Turbo's figures were correct - but this is the next stage in the calculations). So - hopefully, Turbo and I will arrive at the same answer by slightly different routes - which will be good.

The bottom line is the total offer. BH have offered £1273.04, less income tax of £73.93, which comes to £1199.11.
                              By my calcs (as at 30/01/12), BH should have offered £3529.42, less income tax of £30.18, which comes to £3912.24.

Please don't get excited, yet, though. This needs Turbo's opinion. The difference in these figures needs checking out properly.
                              reference the highlighted bit above ???? what do you mean by calculations as at 30/01/12 ?? and why less income tax on a higher amount ?? ( sorry if im being thick !!!!!! lol

Comment

D1Anne

I have dug out CCA's I have from another Blackhorse poster + a table of how PPI Refunds (not mis sold btw) are calculated depending on
                                • 1-The months elapsed before cancellation
                                • 2-The Term of the loan

Can you remember the original agreed term for the loans (3)--(ie 24,36,48,60,72 months etc)?

Also looking at the actual calculation of the Settlement figures using our Rule of 78 and also the newer method (got a thread somewhere-lol-with link DavyB gave me)

Re the actual settlements on each statement--can you tell me (from your bank stmnts if you got them) the actual sum paid out by you to "Settle" on
                                • 16-19/2/2007
                                • 3-4/12/2007
                                • 12/2/2008

We aint had such a complex case to verify for a bit (not since Nelliewops & Pompeyfaith) so will need more time twixt ourselves--but we'll get there

Turbs

Yes im fine with figures etc being posted, will I be able to print something out in way of an explanation that BH SHOULD understand the workings so that I can go back to them with it disputing the offer amount and asking them to check calculations ?? Obviously IF you both agree that BH workings are wrong this is the next thing i will have to take up with them ??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X