• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

My letter received today.

Dear Mr & Mrs

I write further to the Financial Ombudsman Questionnaire received on the 14 September 2011.

I note your complaint is in regard to the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) being Mis-sold on the above reference account. I can cinfirm that we previously issued you with a response on 3 June 2008 declining your complaint as we believed at the time the loan was sold via a Broker in the name of Click Finance Limited and therefore EPF Limited was not liable for the sale of the insurance.

However, it has now come to light after an investigation by Central Complaints Department with regard to your complaint reference XXX/XXXXXXXX that EPF Limited sold the PPI policy. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused as this certainly was not our intention.

I have now completed my investigation into the issues raised and have made a decision to uphold the complaint.

As a result of my decision, it is not my intention to respond specifically to the individual issues that have been raised other than to explain how I intend resolving the matter.

I propose to offer an amount in full and final settlement of tha above complaint against EPF Limited. The figure will effectively return the payment protection premiums that have been paid to date including interest. Details of the offer are shown on the Acceptance of the Offer Form enclosed.

The offer includes an element of 8% statutory interest. Subject to an individual's personal tax status, this statutory interest may be taxable and if accepted should be included in an annual tax return. Andy queries regarding this, should be referred to the local HM Revenue and Customs Office (formerly known as the Inland Revenue).

Should you wish to accept this offer, please arrange for the Acceptance of Offer Form to be completed and returned to EPF Limited. Please note the offer will only be processed upon receipt of the signed acceptance form and the offer will remain open for six weeks from the date of this letter, after which time it will be withdrawn, unless it has previously been accepted.

This brings to an end the steps available to you through our internal complaints procedures, as this letter constitutes our final response.

Please note EPF accounts did not fall under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service prior to January 2005. As your complaint relates to an issue that happened before this date, we believe the Financial Ombudsman service will not be able to adjudicate on this matter.

Yours sincerely
    Complaints Investigator.

Premims paid from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 - £1,771.54
    Plus Interest at 8% - £847.56
    Total Refund - £2,619.00

Comment

No offer of inconvenience redress though, but i may be pushing it as they were not regulated anyway.

Comment

:cheer2::cheer2::cancan::cancan::cheer2::cheer2:

Well done Di ---massive perserverance---well done to all who supported you-especially Paul210 --and especially Debt Star who kept your confidence going in these late stages

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        My letter received today.

Dear Mr & Mrs

I write further to the Financial Ombudsman Questionnaire received on the 14 September 2011.

I note your complaint is in regard to the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) being Mis-sold on the above reference account. I can cinfirm that we previously issued you with a response on 3 June 2008 declining your complaint as we believed at the time the loan was sold via a Broker in the name of Click Finance Limited and therefore EPF Limited was not liable for the sale of the insurance.

However, it has now come to light after an investigation by Central Complaints Department with regard to your complaint reference XXX/XXXXXXXX that EPF Limited sold the PPI policy. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused as this certainly was not our intention.

I have now completed my investigation into the issues raised and have made a decision to uphold the complaint.

As a result of my decision, it is not my intention to respond specifically to the individual issues that have been raised other than to explain how I intend resolving the matter.

I propose to offer an amount in full and final settlement of tha above complaint against EPF Limited. The figure will effectively return the payment protection premiums that have been paid to date including interest. Details of the offer are shown on the Acceptance of the Offer Form enclosed.

The offer includes an element of 8% statutory interest. Subject to an individual's personal tax status, this statutory interest may be taxable and if accepted should be included in an annual tax return. Andy queries regarding this, should be referred to the local HM Revenue and Customs Office (formerly known as the Inland Revenue).

Should you wish to accept this offer, please arrange for the Acceptance of Offer Form to be completed and returned to EPF Limited. Please note the offer will only be processed upon receipt of the signed acceptance form and the offer will remain open for six weeks from the date of this letter, after which time it will be withdrawn, unless it has previously been accepted.

This brings to an end the steps available to you through our internal complaints procedures, as this letter constitutes our final response.

Please note EPF accounts did not fall under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service prior to January 2005. As your complaint relates to an issue that happened before this date, we believe the Financial Ombudsman service will not be able to adjudicate on this matter.

Yours sincerely
        Complaints Investigator.

Premims paid from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 - £1,771.54
        Plus Interest at 8% - £847.56
        Total Refund - £2,619.00

Comment

Thank you Turbo, and yes of course these guys have been wonderful, I am over the moon, thank you everyone for your huge amount of help and support, we got there in the end xxxxxxxxxx
          Last edited by di30; 17th September 2011, 12:18:PM.

Comment

Well done Di much deserved and just as an extra I never though about tax implications, do you know under what circumstances you would have to notify the taxman?

Comment

Thank you Di x

I did read some info somewhere about this the other day, and will try finding it, just to be sure.

Comment

Congratulations DI

CJ

Comment

Thank you folks.

I am not the one for calcs though so not even sure if this is correct.

But do have these details here.

Loan was from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 Settled early.

So the first repayment was above as the loan was taken out the month before on 30 July 2004.

Loan £21 000 @ 300 months
                  PPI £2835
                  Total loan - 23835
                  when settled they gave a part rebate of around £1553. 69 (Rule of 78)
                  Interest Rate 9.52 % per annum fixed for the first 12 months, and thereafter variable.
                  9.9 %

Monthly loan repayment £208.51

They did not actually give a detailed breakdown of this letter though but worded it like this......

Premiums paid from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 £1,771.54
                  Plus 8% interest at 8% £847.46
                  Total refund - £2,619.00

When we settled the loan in full we paid £23646.04
                  Last edited by di30; 17th September 2011, 19:02:PM.

Comment

on your case gal-lol
                    Thank you folks.

I am not the one for calcs though so not even sure if this is correct.

But do have these details here.

Loan was from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 Settled early.

So the first repayment was above as the loan was taken out the month before on 30 July 2004.

Loan £21 000 300 months
                    PPI £2835
                    Total loan - 23835
                    when settled they gave a part rebate of around £1553. 69 (Rule of 78)
                    Interest Rate 9.52 % per annum fixed for the first 12 months, and thereafter variable.
                    9.9 %

Monthly loan repayment £208.51

They did not actually give a detailed breakdown of this letter though but worded it like this......

Premiums paid from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 £1,771.54
                    Plus 8% interest at 8% £847.46
                    Total refund - £2,619.00

When we settled the loan in full we paid £23646.04

Comment

Thank you Turbo x:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

I am not sure if it was worked out by using the Rule of 78, I maybe getting confused.

But found some details here of when this was settled.

The settlement date used in calculation of the rebate is 30 November 2005, it has been calculated in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (Settlement Information) Regulations 1983.

The amount of insurance rebate has been calculated having regard to the Consumer Credit (Rebate on Early Settlement) Regulations 1983.

Comment

WON

UPHELD!!!

Will post details up later, a battle getting there, but with my letter they received just a few days ago they upheld on that.............PHEW!!
                          well done girl, good for you. massive win and hard fought. perseverance is key. inspirtational!

Comment

Well done Di ,
                            and all those that helped her......

xxxx

Comment

Thank you, you have all been a wonderful help and so amazing, cheers all XXXX:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Wonder what the Adjudicator will think now? lol shame he didn't think to do what I did to get this resolved or try to. On the other hand the adjudicator confirmed that the business previously gave him the wrong info too, but I did send him paperwork to prove all this to him before didn't I? I did request for further redress for the inconvenience caused on my complaint, but nothing of that at all mentioned in the letter offer.

I have however, emailed him with the copy of the letter, but before we sign anything I want to make sure the figures are correct, but am hopeless at maths lol .

I do think they upheld it because of writing to them about the misleading advice they gave with help from you fantastic guys on here, thank you. x:tinysmile_kiss_t4::tinysmile_kiss_t4:
                                Last edited by di30; 17th September 2011, 23:04:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X