• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

wouldn't put money on them being any better..........

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      wouldn't put money on them being any better..........

Yeah so true lol.

I do remember on another one of my cases some time back, the adjudicator I had then was fab, she would get back within minutes, and sometimes just email on her own accord just to keep us updated.
      Shame they are not all like her lol.

Comment

I forgot to mention as well, the Adjudicator tried ringing my hubby's mobile at work yesterday , strange why he didn't try ringing the house phone, but hubby was not able to answer his moby anyway but checked the number when he came home in the evening as he was working afternoons.

However, the phone call was probably about the time I emailed back to him in regards of his 2 questions.

Comment

I emailed my Adjudicator to ask for an update, basically just to ask what happens from here now, (as it's been some time since I had a case with the FOS on another case).
          And it seems he will be viewing our details, he also said about the details he received from HFC, in other words Endeavour and will be sending out his opinion this Thursday, and if we're not happy with the decision, we then get the chance to have it reviewed by the ombudsman.
          (I thought the Adjudicator said previously he would not be looking into the merits of the case), email on this thread somewhere.

Anyway email as received below and I do have a bad hunch on this one despite on us having the details now of the insurer/underwriter ...........links etc in order for him to connect the relationship of all parties.

Dear Mr & Mrs

I will be conducting a review of the documents you have sent to me and the information provided to me by HFC. I aim to send an opinion out to you on Thursday afternoon. If you agree with my view then the case will close. However if you disagree you case will be referred to an ombudsman for a final decision to be issued.

Yours sincerely

Ma
          Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
          South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020
          E: ma

Comment

At least there's movement Di. If it goes against you, then you go to an ombudsman, nuffin' to lose. On my complaint re Marbles I have requested an ombudsman review and a letter came quite quickly from my adjudicator saying it gets reviewed first BEFORE going to an ombudsman in about a months' time. So it looks like a slow old routine! First complaint I've referred to an ombudsman. Hopefully you won't have to but its looking likely........

Comment

At least there's movement Di. If it goes against you, then you go to an ombudsman, nuffin' to lose. On my complaint re Marbles I have requested an ombudsman review and a letter came quite quickly from my adjudicator saying it gets reviewed first BEFORE going to an ombudsman in about a months' time. So it looks like a slow old routine! First complaint I've referred to an ombudsman. Hopefully you won't have to but its looking likely........

Cheers TDS, and good luck with yours too.

I am baffled on what he said on one of the earlier emails though, said he will not be looking into the merits of the case, so what did he actually mean by that as such?

Comment

An Ombudsman WILL be looking into the merits of the case yeah, and will do so from scratch, completely from scratch. That is, if you have to go to one. Which hopefully you won't have to.......

The Independent Assessor at the FOS doesn't look into the merits, but she is a regulator for the FOS. I guess that means even if she thinks they have been terrible that there is no recompense regardless! So whats the point!
                Last edited by The Debt Star; 19th July 2011, 15:28:PM.

Comment

An Ombudsman WILL be looking into the merits of the case yeah, and will do so from scratch, completely from scratch. That is, if you have to go to one. Which hopefully you won't.......

The Independent Assessor at the FOS doesn't look into the merits, but she is a regulator for the FOS. I guess that means even if she thinks they have been terrible that there is no recompense regardless! So whats the point!

I don't hold much hope with this Adjudicator to be honest, despite sending all the details he previously required to investigate the case, and he seems the type to put the other party in favour than us no matter what, it's as if he is trying to find faults, and treat it more like a court case lol, experience with other Adjudicator's were never this bad.

My feeling is that we are not going to agree with his view and it will be off to the ombudsman, but still this time we have all the details now.

Comment

here's hoping kid

there is defo a sea change in the FOS these past few months since the PPI case was won, as if they are trying to get the message out that they are no push over for the consumer

Comment

here's hoping kid

there is defo a sea change in the FOS these past few months since the PPI case was won, as if they are trying to get the message out that they are no push over for the consumer

I totally agree TDS, it does seem to be the case here and as you also said, even more so since the JR matter.

Well I shall post up his opinion when received, I emailed him to ask him to email us with the opinion, as I cannot rely on post in my area, he have done so before.
                      He said Thursday so with a bit of luck I shall be posting his verdict of this on the same day.

Comment

I know I am keeping on and even getting on my own nerves now :tinysmile_cry_t: lol, but I can see this going to the ombudsman.
                        Mainly because I don't think the Adjudicator is competant to deal with this matter.

We have tried all ways in a matter of a few years in trying to resolve this and now we have come to the conclusion of Hamilton and finding the relationship links, his attitude is that of that we are contradicting.
                        At the end of the day, the sale was in 2004, and yes we did think HFC was involved, with having little paperwork to go on then suddenly we come up with a telephone customer speak form there was a question mark over this which did think going by their track record of mis selling of PPI - they may have been involved.

But...........
                        the whole point is here was finding out who the underwriters were, yes we knew it was Hamilton, but it was the Adjudicator that stated as said in his letter that he could not conclude because he could not link up the relationship of all parties involved. So it was from there we looked into HFC.

Now we have found the paperwork in regards of Click which now makes it a lot damn easier for him to connect the parties together, it should now be straight forward, the answer is there in black and white!

My feeling is that he is going to mince this up again and like the last letter, there will be yet another reason on why he cannot conclude.
                        It's possible the information he receives from Endeavour, which he calls HFC did not provide him with the evidence that Click were not the packager but a standard broker as such.

Something is going to happen here, and it maybe me, because I am losing trust with the FOS slowly, but surely.

Comment

Di, you're nearly at 2,000 thank you's, landmark

keep at 'em.

Comment

Di, you're nearly at 2,000 thank you's, landmark

keep at 'em.

Oh yes I can see now lol wow.
                            Thank you for your support as well, and so hope you're own case will be resolved too, all crossed here x

Comment

You're a fighter Di---and an inspiration

Turbs x

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                                You're a fighter Di---and an inspiration

Turbs x

Thank you Turbo x

Even if it ends with the ombudsman then there be it, I waited this long, so sure I can stick it out even longer, lol cheers honey xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X