• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    Ref Brokers going into liquidation to avoid claims. It is, presumably, illegal to deliberately go into liquidation / wind down a company to avoid creditors and paying out claims.

Presumably, if a broker has gone into liquidation, then anyone with a claim on them should put this in writing quickly, so as to ensure that they get contacted by the insolvency practitioner acting. Then they will have a note of your claim.

However, I may have this all wrong - perhaps IP's are only interested in creditors and not people with claims?

If so, then presumably the FSA should be contacted as these insurers must have liability cover for such contingencies?

Might be worth asking the FSA what its views are?
    IP's place no further improtance on individuals with a claim than any other 'rank and file' unsecured creditor, usually assets are insufficient to repay any creditors, especially as the IP's fees rank ahead of unsecured creditors in the pecking order for any monies (assets) that are recovered.

Presumably the contingency is the FSCS however thats not much help for cases before the qualifying date as is the case in this instance, unfortunately for older claims there seems to be a blackhole in the protective legislation.

Comment

Cheers Guys for your input here.

The further info/paperwork I posted yesterday has been received to the FOS as checked on Track and Trace.
      I really don't think I can do anymore, the application to me is evidence that no ppi was added on the application for via Broker Click and surely this is evidence isn't it?

And also proves in my opinion that ppi came into it later on without the broker's involvement?

Comment

It certainly looks that way Di, although your adjudicator seems determined to kill this off as its a bit too complicated for them to get their head around. Hopefully this new (and damning) info means there will be a change of tack and this wil finally get things moving the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
          It certainly looks that way Di, although your adjudicator seems determined to kill this off as its a bit too complicated for them to get their head around. Hopefully this new (and damning) info means there will be a change of tack and this wil finally get things moving the right way.
          Thanks Paul.

Yes I think so too, I do think they were hoping I would kick it in the head.
          I am determined to keep going for now though, see what happens.

I am annoyed with the fact though that the adjudicator states that the letters and emails I sent to HFC, they will not directly respond back to us but only the adjudicator himself, that I believe is so wrong.
          Last edited by di30; 22nd June 2011, 11:35:AM.

Comment

My email from the Adjudicator just received.

Dear Mr & Mrs

I can confirm that I received and reviewed your papers this afternoon. There is nothing further I require from you unless you feel the need to send more documents in.

I further note your desire for this case to referred to an ombudsman. Once I receive a response from HFC I will be writing to you.

Yours sincerely
            M
            Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
            South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T:

Comment

The above email from my adjudicator was in response to my email.

I asked them to confirm if he had received my paperwork in relation of HFC and if there is anything else required to let us know.

So I just hope that with him confirming he received the paperwork and reviewed this, and he does not require anything further, I am hoping this is another way of him saying, the evidence we have provided is sufficient enough.

He did last week ask for us to provide any evidence that Click Finance DID NOT provide the PPI as concrete evidence, and the application form is in Black and White showing no PPI, yet it was on the lender's agreement later which also changed from 240 months to 300 months.

In my opinion that is proof.

Comment

Heads up:the FOS Service Review Team was disbanded last year.

Service standards complaints are now, initially, reviewed by the adjudicator's Team Manager.

Comment

Heads up:the FOS Service Review Team was disbanded last year.

Service standards complaints are now, initially, reviewed by the adjudicator's Team Manager.
                  Cheers TDS

I didn't realise that.

So basically the case will still more or less stay with the first adjudicator, but they get it reviewed by their own team manager?

Comment

Yeah, although my adjudicator did add "initially." So if you remain disatisfied it can go to another tier although we do not know what that higher tier is. The manager's manager lol.

Comment

Yeah, although my adjudicator did add "initially." So if you remain disatisfied it can go to another tier although we do not know what that higher tier is. The manager's manager lol.

Arh right lol, that explains why my adjudicator says he will write to us once he hears from HFC, so he will still be on the case then.
                      I didn't know about the disbanding though.

Maybe its because it takes even longer otherwise perhaps?

Comment

No, its to save shekels with the cutbacks plus the odds are stacked against us now if its the line manager that reviews the case.

Not good news imo but not a surprise to learn of it either.

Comment

No, its to save shekels with the cutbacks plus the odds are stacked against us now if its the line manager that reviews the case.

Not good news imo but not a surprise to learn of it either.

Its certainly not good news, and I note there seems to be more rejections as well!

Have they also stated about the debanding on the FOS website do you know?
                          I have not noticed, unless I missed it, cheers.

Comment

I thought HFC/Endeavour were not writing directly to me, the Adjudicator said all responses will be going back to him, yet we received a letter dated 24 June (so they typed this out yesterday - Friday) and it arrived in the post this morning, think they are trying to make a point.
                            All the time they said HFC had no involvement they are now stating HFC may have been involved, but still covering their ground.
                            So due to this I am expecting the letter from the Adjudicator about this as well, still in regards of the Click Application form and the Agreement have not been brought up as yet with them, this have only been a recent thing with the FOS, so that is yet to come.

Anyway, letter here received in today's post.........

Dear Mr & Mrs

Account number: ***********

We write to you further to your letter dated 14 June 2011.

You requested in your letter details of HFC's involvement with Endeavour Personal Finance.
                            As you will see on the bottom of your Credit Agreement it states registered number and registered address, then advises a member of the Household International Group of Companies.

As part of the Household International Group of Companies the policy was to speak to customers to ensure information passed on by Brokers were correct. For this reason you could have been contacted by a member of staff from HFC Bank Limited.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Department on 0845 602 8230. Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm who will be pleased to help.

Yours sincerely

Department Manager
                            Secured Lending Centre.

Comment

Now in light of the above letter received today (posted above), I am now going to question them on the Application form via Click Finance, and ask them to explain why there is no PPI ticked with them that of the broker and why it appears to be added later on with these direct, this question have not been forwarded to them as yet.

Comment

We have been informed that the Adjudicator have already been in touch with HFC in regards of why there is no PPI on the Broker loan application and questioning on the lender loan agreement, so HFC have until 30th of this month to respond to that matter or he will do some chasing.

Dear

I apologise for the delay in responding to you. Once I have received a response from HFC, I will respond to you accordingly in full. I gave HFC till the 30 June to respond to the request I sent to them regarding your case, so I will chase them if nothing is received by close of business on that date.

Yours sincerely

M
                                Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
                                South Quay

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X