• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

FSA register search, Principals for Endeavour.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmP....do?sid=109031

403514 - Endeavour Personal Finance Limited

Name Firm reference numberEffectiveFromTo

Pinnacle Insurance Plc 110866 14/02/2006 30/09/2008

Hamilton Insurance Company Limited 202671 23/10/2006 01/11/2007

Hamilton Life Assurance Company Limited 139618 14/01/2005 31/10/2007

HFC Bank Limited 204483 01/11/2007 20/05/2010

HFC Bank Limited 204483 31/10/2004 07/12/2004
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
    might be a silly question and am sure youve considere but have you spoken to FSCS to see if they will pick up re broker being dissolved?

Yes, but again because they were not regulated when I taken out the loan, the FSCS are unable to take this on.
    Last edited by di30; 3rd June 2011, 10:59:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmB...s.do?sid=78899

204483 - HFC Bank Limited

Current status:Authorised Effective Date:01/12/2001

Camden House West
      Parade
      Birmingham
      West Midlands
      B1 3PY

44 0870 0100453
      -44 0845 6039319
      -
      www.hfcbank.co.uk

Financial Services Authority 204483 01/12/2001

Financial Services Authority 01/06/1998 30/11/2001

Registered Name HFC Bank Limited 27/11/2003

Trading Name Beneficial Finance 15/11/2006

Registered Name HFC Bank Plc 01/12/2001 28/11/2003

Financial Services Authority 204483 01/12/2001

Financial Services Authority 01/06/1998 30/11/2001

Endeavour personal finance address....

Camden House
      Parade
      Birmingham
      West Midlands
      B1 3PY

Comment

One thing is certain they are all giving you the run around and passing the buck, that is bang out of order as it is deliberate and is designed to cover there tracks.

Following on from welcome finance and FSCS they are considering going after the insurer this in a way is no differant in that the broker (click) has folded so HFC and Endeavour are liable.

This quote is a load of bull:

It is important to clarify that whilst HFC Bank owns EPF, the products offered under each brand are different and as such, are subject to differing arbitration services.

If they both offer financial services they are subject to the same arbitration and to you and me they are one and the same just two companies operating under differant trading styles but I bet they both have the same terms and conditions for matching products.

Does anyone have any website address for these companies current or otherwise as I would love to dig into the wayback internet archives and see what comes up.
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Yes, but again because they were not regulated when I taken out the loan, the FSCS are unable to take this on.
          Of course, sorry, looks like court action best bet.. have you got any figs which might indicate if under or over small claims limit?

Comment

Cheers PF.

I do have lots of paperwork that was received with a SAR with HFC, they titled "underwriters" as they came together but in bundles if you know what I mean, the endeavour pile was bundled together, Click bundled, HFC and so on.

Do you think now I have extra time to deal with this (the adjudicator have now given until 30 June), that I should write to HFC and ask them directly what their involvement was when the loan was sold to us, and maybe enclose a "copy" not the original customer form.
            Its not exactly a complaint for PPI, but just a general query on their involvement.
            Just a thought, and see what they come back with. They may even come back with further details of who is responsible for what. "maybe".
            Cheers Paul.

Its not a huge amount, but approx £2K to £3k with interest, so it would meet the criteria under small claims.
            Endeavour does not seem to have a direct website as such, only HFC.

http://www.hfcbank.co.uk/
            Last edited by di30; 3rd June 2011, 11:21:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Small Claims limit is and/or about to be increased to £15,000

sigpic

Comment

Di - as under small claims rules theres no danger in maybe doing a quick LBA to endeavour or even issuing proceedings, only risk would have been adverse costs if not a small claims case. only prob here is the time to do it which given how long youve waited and how far youve come i think its probably a case of in for a penny in for a pound..

not sure what joy you would get from HFC re involvment, i'd expect a general response saying shared resources within group, EPF's responsability etc etc etc. Still if youve got the time it cant hurt to try.

PF - EPF werent customer facing, they were broker only and as such i wouldnt expect they ever had a website.

Comment

Di,

I can see no reason why not, if the 30th June becopmes fast approching just email the FOS and tell them you are awaiting a response from HFC that is connected to this complaint.

Or email the FOS now and tell them that you have written to HFC for further details and you will be intouch when the reply is recieved.
                  Paul,

I am just wondering if DI did go the small claims route whether once the courts have seen the claim if they will fast track it due to the complexity of it?

They may not at the biggining but the judge may direct that route once he has heard the arguments
                  Very difficult to call hmmmmmmmm
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3rd June 2011, 11:37:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Thanks both.

Will have to have a word with hubby and see what he thinks.

I was just thinking by writing a letter though to HFC, they may just come back confirming themselves who was for what and who sorted what, even though we know that, but the Adjudicator could not find the links or relationships as such, if this is in writing then I can send a copy of the FOS.

Comment

Di,

There is is harm at all in writing to HFC in fact it can bring good results as not the same person will deal with it.

For instance:

I sent a SAR to the Co-operative Bank and was not happy with what they supplied and denied all knowledge of the loan I had in March 1999 so I sent another SAR 4 weeks later and low and behold the agreement turned up.

What I am saying is playing there game and giving them the run around gets results.

So when they start getting difficult like they are here it is time to up the anti but in a nice way

If it is good for the goose it is also good for the gander !!!!!! that still holds true
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3rd June 2011, 12:31:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks PF.

Going to give it a shot anyway.
                        My reason for doing this is in hope they give details of their own involvement of the loan, so with it not being a complaint as such directly to them, its just a dig for info.
                        I do have an email addy somewhere for these, so will also email them as well.

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me, now I will not be about much tonight or tomorrow as tomorrow is my birthday yup creaping closer to the big 50 lol

However I will look in where I can

Take care

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            Sounds like a plan to me, now I will not be about much tonight or tomorrow as tomorrow is my birthday yup creaping closer to the big 50 lol

However I will look in where I can

Take care

Aww thanks PF and Happy Birthday for tomorrow, will have to get that posted up on the birthday thread!.
                            Have a good one anyway and have a fab time, thanks for all your help x:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Di,

Thank you and yes I'm looking forward to some me time with my family as it is long overdue.

Regards

sigpic

Comment

Well you deserve to get out there and enjoy yourself PF "Big time", after what you do for everyone else as well. X

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X