• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Several developments!
    M and S tell me one is on its way for just over £2000 and the others are now being "investigated"
    Barclay's have written again and are now saying mid august
    had three "cold" calls from CM Cs which i have either ignored or asked politely what the "cut" they got was!
    Bank of Scotland, still no answers from them so no idea, written again so we will wait and see!
    keep it up everyone!:beagle:
    xx DT

Nice one DT, nice things are finally coming together.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Another day another defeat in court.

Although the judge thankfully dismissed HSBC's application for costs, the hearing alone cost the claimant £300 in court fees - not to mention the stress and anxiety expended.

As the post alludes to the claimant was blindly encouraged to go to court throughout the thread. He clearly didn't know what he was doing and, sadly, neither did those who advised him.

Originally posted by ;
      Had the hearing today at court. they turned up with a solicitor, counsel and witnesses. should have started at 10am but ended up 11.40 before we went in.
      for 2 hours it was mainly the their argument for striking out due to limitations act, then it went on to my witness statement and them asking me questions and catching me out with diffeneces on what I said in POCs/ witness statement and the evidence. I had used certain items in my POCs which got kicked out staright away like FSA handbook and consumer credit act, so ended up just being a misrepresentaion case. I had relied on clauses from other POCs which I didn't really understand, and they blew them appart.

Then the judge called lunch for 1 hour. On return the judge said that she had been reading everything again, and ruled against me due to lack of evidence for a misrepresentation case. they tried to claim their costs by saying I had acted unreasonable by bringing the claim against them, but she ruled against that.

so that is than, lost, but no (further) costs.

I would advise anyone thinking of going the court route, to think carfully and be 100% sure that you have a good case. Mine in hindsight was weak. I kept going think (dut to others on here) thinking they they would settle before the hearing, and it would cost them too much to defend etc, but as is now been proved they have unlimited resources, and they are not bothered about what it costs them. They will fight you all they way. Maybe this is just HSBC as MBNA paid me out before court.

HSBC Loan PPI - Page 9

Comment

Great news Dogtired, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Great news Dogtired, well done.
          Thank you Di!
          Note to those getting frustrated at the call center at M and S went into local HSBC and asked if they had another number he gave me one but they gave me another it was still on hold with "Avengers" music but its FREE phone number
          0800 363 454
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Several developments!
            M and S tell me one is on its way for just over £2000 and the others are now being "investigated"
            Barclay's have written again and are now saying mid august
            had three "cold" calls from CM Cs which i have either ignored or asked politely what the "cut" they got was!
            Bank of Scotland, still no answers from them so no idea, written again so we will wait and see!
            keep it up everyone!:beagle:
            xx DT
            Great news Dogtired - keep up the good work

Comment

Wow! another letter from FOS upheld on one of the ones from HSBOS! one down three to go (on of those is Welcome though)
              I shall not belive it until the ££ in the bank though!
              xxDT:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Wow! another letter from FOS upheld on one of the ones from HSBOS! one down three to go (on of those is Welcome though)

More good news then :tinysmile_grin_t: well done! x

Comment

I still wont believe it until the ££ is in the bank!
                  Been a stressful time but without the help and support here I would not have been able to carry on!
                  xx DT

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    That'll go straight thru to director's office but in my experience they will sit up and take more notice. I had very positive results emailing Mr Chan direct!

Comment

That's excellent news Dogtired........am very pleased for you :clap2: xxx

Comment

A pensioner I work with has just had refund offer from DFS for PPI sold on sofa ... only 400 pounds but she is over moon...

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
                          A pensioner I work with has just had refund offer from DFS for PPI sold on sofa ... only 400 pounds but she is over moon...
                          Aww that is great mosten, please tell her Congratulations from us, that is fab news x

Comment

Has anyone heard of any responses from RBS claims? I have yet to receive anything since JR collapse

Comment

The following may be of interest:
                              Credit Today online

Debt buyers at risk due to PPI fallout - 13/07/2011

Some debt purchasers could see their businesses crippled if agreement is not reached on how the mis-sold Payment Protection Plan (PPI) tranches of debt portfolios are resolved.

Leigh Berkley (pictured) of the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group (DBSG) is warning that in extreme cases some firms could close as a result and is calling for a reform of the way banks buy back any mis-sold PPI portion of debts from debt buyers.
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 14th July 2011, 10:16:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                                Has anyone heard of any responses from RBS claims? I have yet to receive anything since JR collapse
                                I have seen 1, a november complaint which they confirmed was held due to JR in january, given the number we have with htem though this is a very lonely 1 so i dont think theyve made any significant headway yet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X