• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
    Hi Di,

I've just popped my thoughts on there for you - hope it helps!

TBD.

Thank you TBD, your input is very much appreciated big time, thank you. I have just added the lender copy of the agreement, taken me ages though lol, and am about to sort out the other agreement with a different date as well, I will get there eventually lol, cheers.
    Last edited by di30; 1st July 2011, 18:32:PM.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

I've recieved an update letter today from Beneficial Finance/HFC, telling me that my claim is now being investigated and I will recieve a final response to my complaint by the end of August.

fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by sba01 View Post
        I've recieved an update letter today from Beneficial Finance/HFC, telling me that my claim is now being investigated and I will recieve a final response to my complaint by the end of August.

fingers crossed

Good luck, fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi!! Hope everyone is ok, not posted for a while but have been keeping an eye. Congratulations on all your offers so far!! arty: Heres hoping theres many more to come!!!

Just wondering if anyone can offer advice regarding my claims with my CMC.

I sent my claims to them in October, and emailed them a few weeks later to check they received everything. They replied to that email, but not heard anything from them since. I have called a few times and feel they have given me the brush off everytime.

Any ideas would be appreciated? :confused2:
          Dukeydogg

Comment

Originally posted by Dukeydogg View Post
            Hi!! Hope everyone is ok, not posted for a while but have been keeping an eye. Congratulations on all your offers so far!! arty: Heres hoping theres many more to come!!!

Just wondering if anyone can offer advice regarding my claims with my CMC.

I sent my claims to them in October, and emailed them a few weeks later to check they received everything. They replied to that email, but not heard anything from them since. I have called a few times and feel they have given me the brush off everytime.

Any ideas would be appreciated? :confused2:
            Which bank is the PPI with?
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I have a few outstanding, Lloyds, Nemo, Alliance & Leicester, also Credit Cards with Capital One, Barclaycard and Lloyds.

I asked them for an update, because i recently had a copy of my credit report through and thought there may have been one or two i missed off. But to no avail.
              Dukeydogg

Comment

Hi there

So when was the last time you actually heard from them?

That is quite a long time considering you put your claims in in October.

Have you also tried having a word with Claims Regulation (MOJ)?
                Ask about the company to make sure they are still active.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/global/con...tion/index.htm

Comment

A&L should have responded since they are part of Santander who did not contest the JR. Barclaycard should respond shortly since they are no longer quibbling claims prior to the JR that is if the CMC got the claim in at all.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    Hi there

So when was the last time you actually heard from them?

That is quite a long time considering you put your claims in in October.

Have you also tried having a word with Claims Regulation (MOJ)?
                    Ask about the company to make sure they are still active.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/global/con...tion/index.htm

They have never voluntarily got in contact with me - it has always been me initiating it. The last time i spoke to someone was about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when i asked for a list of my outstanding claims, no one got back to me or emailed me the list.

I checked with the MOJ before i instructed them in October and everything was fine then, but i suppose another check wouldnt hurt!! Thank You!!

leclerc
                    Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......
                    A&L should have responded since they are part of Santander who did not contest the JR. Barclaycard should respond shortly since they are no longer quibbling claims prior to the JR that is if the CMC got the claim in at all.

Thanks, i think ill go back to them Monday morning with this. I will let you know how i get one!!

Im useless with this sort of thing, so thank you all!!!
                    Dukeydogg

Comment

Looks like Natwest and Lloyds are in the firing line in Ireland now, according to the Sunday Times.

Watchdog to probe sales of payment protection insurance

The Central Bank is preparing to investigate the selling of payment protection insurance (PPI) by Irish banks after lenders in Britain were ordered to refund £9 billion (€10 billion) to up to 5m customers.

Financial watchdogs will also examine whether mortgage lenders are subjecting homeowners to unreasonable delays when they seek to renegotiate their debts. Other inspections will look at the surcharge interest imposed by banks when customers fall into unauthorised overdrafts, which can be as high as 28%, and the way that insurance companies settle personal injury claims.

PPI is optional insurance that is supposed to protect loan repayments if borrowers lose their jobs or are unable to work through accident or illness. Self-employed people are especially vulnerable to mis-selling because it is difficult for them to make PPI claims for redundancy. They must prove that they did not deliberately cease trading in order to make a claim.

Two years ago, the Central Bank gave a largely clean bill of health to the way that PPI claims were handled, although it did not look at how policies were sold.

Some of the banks at the centre of Britain’s mis-selling scandal sold PPI in Ireland too. They include Royal Bank of Scotland, which owns Ulster Bank, and Lloyds, the owner of Halifax, which pulled out of Ireland last year.

The Central Bank’s planned inspection of mortgage lenders follows concerns that they lack the resources to deal in a timely manner with the growing number of struggling borrowers. By last March, more than 11% of mortgages were in arrears or had been restructured.

The code of conduct on mortgage arrears requires lenders to set up dedicated support units to deal with borrowers who have missed payments or fear that they may do so. Borrowers report, however, that they are waiting months for replies from lenders after asking to renegotiate their mortgages.

Some were illegally charged fees and surcharge interest on arrears, resulting in the Central Bank ordering four lenders to refund almost €70,000 to 3,100 borrowers.
                      Clearing the backlog could become more difficult later this year when the Central Bank will require that bank staff must be suitably qualified or experienced to deal with loan restructuring.

More customers, meanwhile, are falling into unauthorised overdrafts as banks take a tougher line on the operation of current accounts.

Permanent TSB recently warned customers that it would no longer honour payments if customers had insufficient funds in their accounts. It has the highest surcharge interest on unauthorised overdrafts — 28.3%. Allied Irish Banks charges 24.2%, Ulster Bank 23.5% and Bank of Ireland 22%. National Irish Bank has the lowest surcharge — 20.5%.

Comment

Fairly quiet at min.. lots of, we will deal with it by 31st august letters arriving but not many offers... smells a bit again... they deffo up to something

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
                          Fairly quiet at min.. lots of, we will deal with it by 31st august letters arriving but not many offers... smells a bit again... they deffo up to something
                          I agree, M and S still playing games despite me being awarded a refund on one account got a letter "by the end of August" with the others and still not got the refund .
                          Barclays wrote and said by 28th July.
                          Not a thing off Bank of Scotland (in a way glad about this as Fos requested evidence from them and they have not supplied this either)
                          How much longer souuld I give Hbos?
                          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Indeed. Got my "we will get round to sending you a Final Response" letter from First Direct yesterday. Also the FOS sent back my PPI Quezzy and Complaint form with a crappy letter saying get the FR first. Ok, but First Direct had written months ago saying I could go tothe FOS if I wanted to! So damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                              I have been following this very useful thread since I first searched for information on progress of the JR. Finally, I registered today.
                              I run a CMC, but we had concentrated largely on UCAs until last year when we went into PPI complaints - not the best timing I'm sure you will agree!
                              I would like to say that I have found the Legal Beagles a huge help over the last six months or so, not only on the generic issues surrounding PPI claims, but also the issues connected with specific providers. I have been a taker, but hope that I can be a giver in some small way in future. I have learned a bit and have a lot more to learn.
                              JHEH

Comment

Thanks JDEH, good to have you aboard (at last ) xx
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X