• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
    Yep, that person was me. Actually, an Abbey card that then became MBNA when they took over Abbey's card business, and finally Lowells DCA. I won lock stock and barrel. So go for it!
    Great stuff - even better news as 1 of the claims is for an alliance & liecester card which MBNA took over after a few years.

You dont have an email addres for their PPI claims dept do you?

Cheers

Matty
    Last edited by MattyA; 30th May 2011, 07:56:AM. Reason: Added a bit

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
      Great stuff - even better news as 1 of the claims is for an alliance & liecester card which MBNA took over after a few years.
      Expect dirty tricks and saying no from them. They told me that they declined my claim and that I could not go to the Government regulator. However, I did and they upheld my case. MBNA will lie through their teeth before they pay out, so don't take no for an answer.
      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

I could not go to the Government regulator

That is probably what won it for you.
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

...MBNA will lie through their teeth before they pay out, so don't take no for an answer.
          No changes, there then!

I will throw this into the pot, for what it's worth.
          Time now, for those whose alleged debts were sold to DCA's whilst in dispute about mis-sold PPI to make a complaint.
          Time to sort the chaff from the wheat;
          equitable assignment or;absolute assignment?
          Many, many consumers have been hounded by over zealous debt collection firms, (firms who buy toxic debt) had the wool pulled over their eyes...
          The original creditor offloaded their uncontrollable disputes by charging the accounts off. But gaining tax relief, also.

The $64,000 question re assignment of debt is:Equitable or;Absolute?

Comment

Expect dirty tricks and saying no from them. They told me that they declined my claim and that I could not go to the Government regulator. However, I did and they upheld my case. MBNA will lie through their teeth before they pay out, so don't take no for an answer.
            I forgot to mention, they also had to pay me compensation as a result of lying to me.....!!
            Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

HFC have changed a link on there site that used to link to the BBA response to the outcome of the JR, it now reads as follows: www.hfcbank.co.uk/html/payment_insurance.html

hopefully they will be true to there word and review all complaints as soon as possible.

Comment

letter rec from MBNA this morning, looks like a generic mailer to all cmc's, advised all cases held due to JR will have final responses issued by end of June.
                Last edited by Paul210; 31st May 2011, 09:05:AM.

Comment

has anyone on here had a final response from LTSB in a case held due to judicial review who hasnt chased up with the CEO (Di30).

One of their staff has just confirmed to me that they are still testing their systems for reviewing cases post FSA policy statement10/12 and hope to start getting responses out within the next couple of weeks, just wondering if were getting conflicting info or if this is right and cases only get looked at as an exception if you chase at the top.

Comment

I must admit, I did do a lot of nagging to the CEO, and do think this helped to get my cases done quicker as well.

Comment

I have taken a leaf out of Di's book and emailed all CEO's of claims not with FOS this weekend - hopefully it will get the ball rolling for me.
                      MBNA responded almost immeadiatley , with an email from their Gail Powell ( Vice President) who promised to look into the matter and that they will respond in the next 7 working days.

Matty.

Comment

I have taken a leaf out of Di's book and emailed all CEO's of claims not with FOS this weekend - hopefully it will get the ball rolling for me.
                        MBNA responded almost immeadiatley , with an email from their Gail Powell ( Vice President) who promised to look into the matter and that they will respond in the next 7 working days.

Matty.
                        Hi Matty,

I sent an e-mail to CEO on Sunday night but haven't received a reply yet.

The e-mail address I sent it to was

ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com

It was listed as the e-mail address of the CEO for MBNA.

Where'd you send yours too please??

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
                          Hi Matty,

I sent an e-mail to CEO on Sunday night but haven't received a reply yet.

The e-mail address I sent it to was

ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com

It was listed as the e-mail address of the CEO for MBNA.

Where'd you send yours too please??

I sent it to the same address - it was quite a snotty email if I am honest.
                          Maybe I just got lucky and was near the top of the inbox when it was looked at this morning.

Matty.

Comment

Soapybubbles,

Di know the score , but if at first you do not succeed try, try and try again, So email him again eventually they will realise that you are not going away.
                            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I sent it to the same address - it was quite a snotty email if I am honest.
                              Maybe I just got lucky and was near the top of the inbox when it was looked at this morning.

Matty.
                              I sent one two weeks ago and have NEVER received even a hint of acknowledgement...
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                I sent one two weeks ago and have NEVER received even a hint of acknowledgement...

I emailed CEO as per list but reply came from a Gail Powell - Vice President (complaints dept)
                                I will post up her email address later when I get home.
                                Might be worth a go.

Others sent yesterday Amex,HSBC,M&S and FOS haven't responded as yet if that makes you feel any better.

Matty
                                Last edited by MattyA; 1st June 2011, 17:05:PM. Reason: Added a bit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X