• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by StrayPup View Post
    Well I am breaking cover and joining this forum to add my "two penn'th" for what it's worth!

I have been following this site for weeks and it was a "must" for getting excellent insight and news on this whole scandal and to find out our shared experiences.

Thanks for all those regular informed contributors (you know who you are) for the "skinny".

I got to the point where I couldn't see how the BBA could appeal, but I am mighty suspicious (as I believe some have already hinted at) as to whether the banks are actually going to give back that money that they have set aside.

Are they going to pick customers off individually and give them what they think they can get away with? Which would be true to type!

I have 2 MBNA and a FP in the works:

the FP gave a final decision just prior to when they should have adopted the new rules and I have been waiting on the outcome of the JR, but now have indeed written to them again to re-asses since it was clear they were just rejecting claims on principle!

Regarding the MBNA,
    1. I am looking to see if they pay back all the montly ppi premiums which stretch back to 2000 and straddle the 2005 time point (I no longer have the cards)
    2. How much interest is paid and whether it puts me in back in the position that I would have been in had they no not taken the premiums - I understand about the 8% simple interest rule but I note that some years back following a court ruling MBNA had to pay an interest rate of around 21%

The upshot of all this is that I will continue to monitor this thread for guidance as to what a fair settlement would look like based on users' actual offers.

In other words are we getting the maximum redress or will they be fobbing us off, since I am unclear as to how the FSA are going to poliice this refund situation.

Are they going to look at sample cases and order the banks to "make good" or are they going to take the Banks word for it?

Remember that the Banks are not in the business of lending money so they are certainly not going to give it away!

Thanks once again to the forum!
    (I suppose I had more 'change' than I thought :tinysmile_grin_t: )

Just be careful on the FP one remember you only have six months to go to the ombudsman after the final decision, I don't think there is any way they will re-assess as the next recourse for you was the FOS as that was the last stage in their internal process.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by LouieJ View Post
      HSBC finally try to catch-up with an updated website although very basic compared to the rest.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/p...tion-insurance
      They stopped selling PPI in 2007(i read that on their website somewhere so they did seem a bit up their own posterior on that issue). No PPI questionnaire either, I see so that is pretty poor as all other major banks have the questionnaire on their site.
      Will chase this one up further......
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

M&S money still have the link going to the BBA 'claims on hold' page.....

BBA - Payment Protection Insurance complaints handling

By selecting this link you are leaving the Marks & Spencer Money website. Marks & Spencer Money is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or availability of the linked website.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Anyone seen anything from MBNA?
        Last edited by stevesouth33; 13th May 2011, 11:18:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
          M&S money still have the link going to the BBA 'claims on hold' page.....

BBA - Payment Protection Insurance complaints handling

By selecting this link you are leaving the Marks & Spencer Money website. Marks & Spencer Money is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or availability of the linked website.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Anyone seen anything from MBNA?
          Have emailed their CEO yesterday with regards to MBNA, am awaiting a response from them about both MBNA and BoA

Comment

• good news for me on 13th woohoo!!

hi guys since getting the letter at beginning of week from rbs saying they did agree with me being missild i was due 0 due to it being older than 6 years been waiting for second letter for 2nd complaint to be delivered expecting same letter but SURPRISE SURPRISE they've offered me £5899 which includes interest this is the one they have seemely lost my agreement form so have to take their word on figures i'm going to take my money and run as i think getting our money back isn't going to be as easy as we thought.

just sent my stuff to fos today on 1st one with rbs and just got 10 more to hopefully get sorted without fos.
            now we can have a family holiday in summer so chuffed hope this is start of good news on here as not been much lately!!

Comment

I want to throw something into the mix with regards to payments received. If someone is in receipt of benefits, does any payout have an impact on their ability to receive missold payments, ie are there thresholds that would be breached(for want of a better word) that might impact on that issue?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                I want to throw something into the mix with regards to payments received. If someone is in receipt of benefits, does any payout have an impact on their ability to receive missold payments, ie are there thresholds that would be breached(for want of a better word) that might impact on that issue?
                Yes it may have an impact. In most cases people who have more than £16000 in the bank have their benefits reduced or stopped. It also has an impact on Housing Benefit at a lower level i believe. DLA is not effected as it is not means tested but Income support is.
                I know this will not effect a large number but it may effect some. I think my figures are correct but may be slightly out

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                  Yes it may have an impact. In most cases people who have more than £16000 in the bank have their benefits reduced or stopped. It also has an impact on Housing Benefit at a lower level i believe. DLA is not effected as it is not means tested but Income support is.
                  I know this will not effect a large number but it may effect some. I think my figures are correct but may be slightly out
                  If someone did have that kind of payout but paid off say their loans and credit cards taking the amount they had under that limit, does that have a bearing or is it simply that if they have a 16K payout then their benefits are stopped for the period of time that they have that money?(am kinda looking at the get out clause for people who may be affected or a strategy for those that do have that amount of PPI paid out).

Comment

Housing benefit will be effected if you have more than £6000 and you would get nil if over £16000

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                      Just be careful on the FP one remember you only have six months to go to the ombudsman after the final decision, I don't think there is any way they will re-assess as the next recourse for you was the FOS as that was the last stage in their internal process.
                      Thanks for that heads-up. I was worried about that, so I just gave the FOS a ring to at least start the ball rolling.

However in reading the last letter I had from FP over the phone to the FOS, we noted that it did not say that (having failed to agree with me that the PPI was mis-sold) that this was a final letter, although it did mention the FOS. But rather invited me to discuss further, which I have now done armed with the JR ruling and new guidelines.

Comment

• Re: good news for me on 13th woohoo!!

Originally posted by k77mss View Post
                        hi guys since getting the letter at beginning of week from rbs saying they did agree with me being missild i was due 0 due to it being older than 6 years been waiting for second letter for 2nd complaint to be delivered expecting same letter but SURPRISE SURPRISE they've offered me £5899 which includes interest this is the one they have seemely lost my agreement form so have to take their word on figures i'm going to take my money and run as i think getting our money back isn't going to be as easy as we thought.

just sent my stuff to fos today on 1st one with rbs and just got 10 more to hopefully get sorted without fos.
                        now we can have a family holiday in summer so chuffed hope this is start of good news on here as not been much lately!!

well done

Comment

It's amazing what turns up in my inbox sometimes.

This time it's the BBA's own analysis of the week's media coverage - most of it about their withdrawal from the Judicial Review.

Comment

• Re: good news for me on 13th woohoo!!

Originally posted by k77mss View Post

What a wonderful surprise , so pleased for you hun, WELL DONE! Xxx

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                              If someone did have that kind of payout but paid off say their loans and credit cards taking the amount they had under that limit, does that have a bearing or is it simply that if they have a 16K payout then their benefits are stopped for the period of time that they have that money?(am kinda looking at the get out clause for people who may be affected or a strategy for those that do have that amount of PPI paid out).
                              Leclerc, the maximum savings allowed are:
                              Housing Benefit: £16,000 and;
                              Pension Credit: £10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                                It's amazing what turns up in my inbox sometimes.

This time it's the BBA's own analysis of the week's media coverage - most of it about their withdrawal from the Judicial Review.
                                "We are also obliged to report the Telegraph’s poisonous personal attack on Angela Knight "

thats nothing to do with her being the mouthpeice of the BBA during its systematic attack on the rights of consumers then....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X