• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Having read the full judgement, there does not feel like there is a lot of wiggle room i.e. to the point about having either a 'real chance of winning or a compelling reason why it should be heard' I can't see why having had the a complete 'DUNC'ing today that they could actually find grounds for appeal that either had a real chance (already lost on all three pretty convincingly) or something new, maybe they might suggest that radiation from chernobyl poisoned there judgment, aliens were responsible, they are being picked on by the general public or they simply can't afford the compensation!

Comment

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1303291935092A

'Huge victory' for bank customers.

Comment

c'mon First Direct, where's me £1600 quid? I'm spending it already

Comment

From Robert Pestons blog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/

"...So what next? Well the banks could make those two and a half million victims of mis-selling wait another couple of years to be made whole by appealing to the Supreme Court.
          Or they could take the view that the prospects of winning in any court are too slim to outweigh the potential for further damage to their respective public images from being seen to defy an unambiguous legal judgement that they let down millions of their customers.
          Unless of course they regard their reputations as so impaired that there's nothing left to lose from prevarication."

Give us some hope!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            I have emailed Lloyds anyway, despite having a good idea on what they will come back with (if they do), and copied it to CEO.
            I asked them to put me in the picture of my ongoing complaints they are holding since the announcement this morning.
            Could do with the CEO's email address myself Di, wondering if naming and shaming the employee who was my Business Account Manager, therefore knowing I was self-employed when I was miss-sold the policy would be of interest to show how poor their staff are!

Comment

blimey 110 views of the judgment already on here despite it being up on Bailli now too.

Massive thanks to Tom Brennan for attending todays judgment handing down, and getting the judiciary to email me a copy of the judgment, and my sincere apologies for not realising the time and being at the park doing an easter egg hunt when I should have been twitterng and posting the result on here.....slapped wrists !

I have read through the judgment and it is very comprehensive, I haven't read all the posts on here yet so apologies if I'm stating the bleedin' obvious. Tom mentioned that the judge has allowed the application for a judicial review so that he could hand down a substantive judgment on all the issues, and refuse an appeal. Of course the banks may well apply for permission to appeal regardless and certainly will make the most of the next 21 days stalling time. Fantastic that all three grounds used went against the banks. I think the grounds have been discussed at length throughout this thread since the hearings and really the judgment is in very easy to understand plain english that the best way to get up to date on whats happened is to read it. I'm sure EXC will put his nose in and rip the judgment apart for everyone later lol.

I will continue encouraging people to take their PPI miselling claims to the banks and FOS themselves rather than using a claims management company...purely as I strongly believe consumers should be empowered to stand up for themselves without paying other companies to do it for them (hence this site existing).

I would implore people to be careful and to check a company out VERY carefully before handing over any money, and to read the terms and conditions or any agreement betwen yourselves and any CMC taking on your case. NEVER pay an upfront fee, particularly to a company that cold calls you. It may sound fantastic over the phone, but bear in mind that HSBC recently stated that around 25% of claims it received from CMCs were on accounts where the customer had never even had PPI in the first place.

Theres comprehensive details how to claim on this site, and on Which?, MSE etc... and unless your claim is for PPI that is extremely old or you have many rolled over loans with various PPI cover on, you really do not need the services of anyone to undertake the claim for you. There are some good companies out there, these forums are full of happy and unhappy customers of many of them, so please do your homework and ask about before parting with your hard earned.

Oh, and Robert Peston is spot on xx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Can someone post a link to the judgment on bailli please?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRogers View Post
                  Could do with the CEO's email address myself Di, wondering if naming and shaming the employee who was my Business Account Manager, therefore knowing I was self-employed when I was miss-sold the policy would be of interest to show how poor their staff are!
                  Here.

antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

Good luck.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  Can someone post a link to the judgment on bailli please?

Hiya

this one....

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2011/999.html
                  Last edited by di30; 20th April 2011, 16:12:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by gazdarke View Post
                    From Robert Pestons blog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/

"...So what next? Well the banks could make those two and a half million victims of mis-selling wait another couple of years to be made whole by appealing to the Supreme Court.
                    Or they could take the view that the prospects of winning in any court are too slim to outweigh the potential for further damage to their respective public images from being seen to defy an unambiguous legal judgement that they let down millions of their customers.
                    Unless of course they regard their reputations as so impaired that there's nothing left to lose from prevarication."

Give us some hope!
                    I will eat my hat if they do not appeal!

The matter will just drag on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                      I will eat my hat if they do not appeal!

The matter will just drag on and on.
                      Quoted just in case.

Video evidence will be required.

Comment

Thanks Di

Comment

From over at MSE, read this - post number 15851

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...1#post43004388

???

Think that company must have promised to get on with complaints if the JR wasn't won, we have yet got to wait to see if they appeal!
                          Simms and Carmichael are a CMC, I think they may have jumped the gun a bit saying claims no longer on hold, I suspect the banks might make them turn out to look silly,

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                            Simms and Carmichael are a CMC, I think they may have jumped the gun a bit saying claims no longer on hold, I suspect the banks might make them turn out to look silly,

Arh I see, and yes that is quite possible Paul.

Comment

A family man that enjoys a good bottle of wine well ill buy him one or two if our paths ever cross.

http://www.debretts.com/people/biogr...y+OUSELEY.aspx
                              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hello all!

Wow first I've got to my laptop today!

What a hell of a lot to read! But loving every bit of it!

Just would again like to add my own personal little thank you to all the tweeps that find and supply the wealth of information straight from the court. It really is appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone with an interest in this thread! So a big massive thank you.....you know who you are.

What a result! What a bloody result!

I'm no expert but I don't think the banks are left with anything of substance now.

The next 21 days will be a waiting a game and if they appeal so be it. Much as I would rather they didn't appeal and just got their acts together and started paying out. However if they appeal they are in my own personal opinion only doing two things-

(1) Damaging their already very tarnished reputations and really and truly showing they have absolutely no remorse or respect for their customers and the tax payers that bailed them out. I suppose when I put it like this, why wouldn't they appeal?

(2) They are merely prolonging their defeat. Whether it be 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years they won't win. They can't win. There is no right thinking person on this planet (apart from a banker....nearly wrote a rude word just then) could uphold and justify the banks PPI selling practices and the arguements they brought to the court. No way!

So banks much as I would love you all to get together and agree that the best team won and your best course of action is starting proper payouts with immediate effect, I know it's probably not going to happen. Just think though all the thousands of people that have been waiting patiently will continue to wait patiently......and continue to wait patiently. We will not go away. You can't beat us........we quite literally 'owned' you today!
                                Last edited by SoapyBubbles; 20th April 2011, 17:55:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X