• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Blimey 12 members and 39 guests anyone would think the judgement was about to be posted lol
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

It'll be a lot higher than that when judgment day comes LOL.

Especially as I am pretty sure that a few peeps from LB will be at the Court to provide 'as it happens' 'on the spot' reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post

Especially as I am pretty sure that a few peeps from LB will be at the Court to provide 'as it happens' 'on the spot' reports.
        You bet.

Comment

The update I'm currently waiting on is of the final 2 loan ppi reclaims via lloyds, when the letter arrives, I will post it up on my thread, but not expecting any final result to be honest, will be surprised if I do, not unless it will be an offer maybe.........just maybe lol.
          So as they have confirmed the letter should arrive by or before the 16 April.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            The update I'm currently waiting on is of the final 2 loan ppi reclaims via lloyds, when the letter arrives, I will post it up on my thread, but not expecting any final result to be honest, will be surprised if I do, not unless it will be an offer maybe.........just maybe lol.
            So as they have confirmed the letter should arrive by or before the 16 April.

we,re all keeping our fingers crossed for you di,i,ve got a good feeling about yours i think if they were going to be rejected they wouid have been by now, cap 1 threw mine out in a fortnight i think there,s something to come there my woman:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
              we,re all keeping our fingers crossed for you di,i,ve got a good feeling about yours i think if they were going to be rejected they wouid have been by now, cap 1 threw mine out in a fortnight i think there,s something to come there my woman:beagle:

Thanks cappo.

Shame that happened with yours though, is this one still ongoing now? can't remember sorry.

Well they did uphold on the others of mine - of the more recent loan ppi last year when I made reclaims on them, but that was before all this came into action of the JR.
              Its the same reasons as well, with the same circumstances etc.

Comment

Thanks cappo.

Shame that happened with yours though, is this one still ongoing now? can't remember sorry.

Well they did uphold on the others of mine - of the more recent loan ppi last year when I made reclaims on them, but that was before all this came into action of the JR.
                Its the same reasons as well, with the same circumstances etc.

i,ve got the cap 1 with the fos,rbs and barclays are with the cmc and are refusing to speak to them until after the j.r, hsbc is on hold and mbna are on hold with the cmc it,s a shame i did,nt realise the beagles were about when i originally instructed the cmc 3 years ago i,d never have done them that way but in my naivity i thought they,d be done in 1-2 months, i was hoping some of my loans were going to be declared unenforceable but it never happened but thankfully for my stroke everything got paid off with my critical illness insurances,now i want what i think is rightfully mine (ppi) as the banks put me through hell to get the debts paid off in the first place:beagle:

Comment

as the banks put me through hell to get the debts paid off in the first place

A case of "The boot on the other foot" springs to mind go get'um fella
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    A case of "The boot on the other foot" springs to mind go get'um fella
                    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
                    my thoughts exactly my man

Comment

I know it will be some time before we hear of any decision, but thought I would see what lloyds would say anyway, so I sent them an email earlier, and this is the response received.

Thank you for your e-mail sent on the 28th March 2011.

Unfortunately a date has not yet been given as to when a decision will be made. Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Care department on 0845 300 5599 if you wish to discuss the matter in further detail.

Kind regards,

Lloyds TSB Customer Care.

Comment

I know it will be some time before we hear of any decision, but thought I would see what lloyds would say anyway, so I sent them an email earlier, and this is the response received.

Thank you for your e-mail sent on the 28th March 2011.

Unfortunately a date has not yet been given as to when a decision will be made. Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Care department on 0845 300 5599 if you wish to discuss the matter in further detail.

Kind regards,

Lloyds TSB Customer Care.

they haven,t told you anything you did,nt know di have they but i always say no news is good news they haven,t rejected them which tells me your cases have some validity.

Comment

Secondly is the sudden explosion in PPI complaints (from 2000 to 5-6000 a week). This is a truly staggering figure and equates to roughly a quarter of a million per year and 137 per office hour, with no lunch break.

Read more at: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold - Page 84 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Possible reasons for this imo

Since JR started, lot of lenders being sending out the holding letters... eg because of review we are not in position to deal etc.. also enclose fos handbook and advise client if not happy then can always take case to the FOS.. hence sudden rise..

FOS are under real pressure at the minute due to no fees being rec'd for PPI cases and we have seen higher number of cases being rejected by the FOS compared to last yr...

Might be that they are trying to clear their desks of cases so throwing out the borderline cases more often than before...

Banks are playing very clever game trying to cripple the FOS and also starve the CMC's of fees..

Good business practice by them unless of course they get fined on masse for

a) Not upholding initial complaints when it was clear case of mis-selling

b) Fined for their general mis-selling practises as A & L and abbey were some years ago..

Even welcome finance pulling every trick in the book by trying to use the FSCS who are still looking to offset any refund against even current loans regardless of whether client up to date or not..

plot thickens...

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post

Possible reasons for this imo

Since JR started, lot of lenders being sending out the holding letters... eg because of review we are not in position to deal etc.. also enclose fos handbook and advise client if not happy then can always take case to the FOS.. hence sudden rise..
                            Absolutely. More cases are going to the FOS than otherwise would and it will only continue until at least the final conclusion of the Judicial Review.

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post

Good business practice by them unless of course they get fined on masse for

a) Not upholding initial complaints when it was clear case of mis-selling

b) Fined for their general mis-selling practises as A & L and abbey were some years ago..
                              The FSA have just introduced a new fining policy that sets the level of the fine by reference to the profits a bank realises for breaching regulations it's fined for.

This is a point that's not been lost on Freshfields LLP (the BBA's JR lawyers) who reckon that overall, fines imposed by the FSA could treble.

Media releases / News - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
                              Last edited by EXC; 29th March 2011, 07:11:AM.

Comment

Damn

I was about to issue a FOI request regards the number of staff applied to PPI concerns but I see FOS arent subject to FOI act until October this year!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X