• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by NLP View Post
    Argumentative? I belive I have been quite calm, but the ripostes coming back seem to filled with rage?

Why would that be? I have not been offensive to anybody.. have I?

So... my "view" is what people find offensive... in that... its the view nobody wants to hear.

That is the bottom line.

If i came on and said "relax folks.... i've heard its good news etc etc"

I would be lauded on here... but as its the opposite... i am handled with derision.

On the other forum, i posted the banks were considering a freeze on all claims pending a JR... in the last week of august 2010.... 7 weeks before the 7 oct when it became public news.
    Can you provide the link please cos as I said, there should be no problem in doing so. Whilst I enjoy searching for info online, it will take you 5 minutes max to find the post and copy and paste it here. I'm not on CAG, I can't find the post on MSE and so if you could be kind enough to do so, then it would be appreciated.
    The number of age old posters on that site who gave me stick.. telling me (LOL) "martin would know if something is happening" "scaremongerer" etc etc
    Martin is not here nor does he run this site so I couldn't care less what Martin thinks cos I don't always agree with him anyway.
    Then... when the news was made public.. that thread seemed to die a death... nobody had the minerals to come and say... yup we actually dont know what we are talking about and neither does the site... but please dont show us up again.
    so it's on Martin's site, right? What title did you give it or was it on someone else's thread?
    Heard the news today of the 800M Bank Tax that has been agreed? lol
    Yes I have heard and here is the BBA statements
    BBA - The voice of banking and financial services - Media - Article - Bba Statement On Bank Levy - Statements
    Now then... i wonder what kind of trade offs there could have been !!
    In the words of the BBA: "The levy is nothing new and the only difference is that the government is bringing it in now, rather than phasing in the full amount."
    The banks are the government, when you truly understand how they control everything, then you begin to understand why anything is malleable in order it fits with their needs and wants.

Not the consumer.

Good luck.
    See above.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
    NLP -

Right,

if you are in a position to know so much, give a timeline for exactly how its going to go , then we can hold that up in 1 to 2 years time and you are proved right or wrong

So for instance

Current JR=FoS/FSA win, banks appeal
    Supreme court= Banks win
    ECHR=FoS/FSA win

ETC............
    It is unlikely to go to the ECHR or more properly ECoJ since there is no European Law at stake here. Supreme Court would be highest it would go.
    Last edited by leclerc; 8th February 2011, 12:39:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
      NLP -

Right,

if you are in a position to know so much, give a timeline for exactly how its going to go , then we can hold that up in 1 to 2 years time and you are proved right or wrong

So for instance

Current JR=FoS/FSA win, banks appeal
      Supreme court= Banks win
      ECHR=FoS/FSA win

ETC............
      No ECHR for us I'm afraid, potential of ECJ to review Englands banking regs, but not a human rights issue.

CT

Comment

Is this the one your looking for from over MSE folks?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2786416

Also found this here from Sept posting.
        http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...8701&highlight=
        Last edited by di30; 8th February 2011, 12:51:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Is this the one your looking for from over MSE folks?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2786416
          Di, I know I am a bit dim witted in the mornings but the first post is not August 2010......am I missing something(that may not necessarily be a good question to ask ).

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            Di, I know I am a bit dim witted in the mornings but the first post is not August 2010......am I missing something(that may not necessarily be a good question to ask ).
            LOL, i have just edited above and posted a link started on the 9th month

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Also found this here from Sept posting.
              http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...701&highlight=
              Pretty sure this is the one in question. debt55 = NLP.

That was the only thing around the time that rings a bell with what NLP had been saying.

Comment

Originally posted by skv123 View Post

That was the only thing around the time that rings a bell with what NLP had been saying.

It's definitely not that one as the post from September was already in the public domain. Sorry, but it's either end of August or bust

Debt55 is not Mark Kleineman.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
                  No ECHR for us I'm afraid, potential of ECJ to review Englands banking regs, but not a human rights issue.

CT
                  Lol,

Sorry folks, that was merely meant as an example

Comment

Sorry to intrude but do we have any idea when the Judge might rule yet?

Comment

no idea as yet

Comment

Nothing as yet Footynut, there are some useful videos posted by Cartoon Bankers (aka Alex Woods, as featuring in said videos) about the JR as seen from the POV of a solicitor. In the second and thrid videos he states that the judgement is expected in weeks, not months. This is the firmest thing we have to go on so far I'm afraid.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...270#post196270

CT

Comment

ignore the first 7 minutes of video 2 cos it is him talking about starting a claims management company and I hate ads

Comment

Originally posted by skv123 View Post

Yep they were the comments i was thinking of, though i may have been 'derren browned' into believing he was super early/august but yes, Debt55 does ring a bell and yes he did get some stick.

And to the previous poster who noticed that it was my forst post - we ll spotted, i didnt actually realise. I understand that this can look like im 'on his side' but i think if you check my join date you will agree Im not. Unless we had the best planned trick ever which would go some way to justifying NLP's messianic claims!

(dont care about spling - at work)

Comment

Originally posted by patroach View Post
                              Yep they were the comments i was thinking of, though i may have been 'derren browned' into believing he was super early/august but yes, Debt55 does ring a bell and yes he did get some stick.

And to the previous poster who noticed that it was my forst post - we ll spotted, i didnt actually realise. I understand that this can look like im 'on his side' but i think if you check my join date you will agree Im not. Unless we had the best planned trick ever which would go some way to justifying NLP's messianic claims!
                              The only thing Debt55 is guilty of is plagiarism since the post was not theirs but a copy and paste of a Sky News Blog by Mark Kleinman made on the same day......still waiting for the late August posting cos I can't find it yet. Once you get it NLP, then I am most definitely all ears albeit there is a Daily Mail article from early August 2010 which suggests that the banks' position that looking retrospectively at claims could be unlawful.

(dont care about spling - at work)
                              I don't care about spelling either albeit I got Kleinman's name wrong in an earlier post

EDIT: in fact he does mention Kleinman on post 2 :o
                              Last edited by leclerc; 8th February 2011, 14:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                                On the other forum, i posted the banks were considering a freeze on all claims pending a JR... in the last week of august 2010.... 7 weeks before the 7 oct when it became public news.

Post on MSE by NLP (aka debt55 before being banned from MSE) made at 12.25pm
                                http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...8701&highlight=

Post on Legal Beagles by Pompyfaith at 7.39am - some 5 hours esrlier.
                                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...444#post176444

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X