• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Just had a return call, and it turns out the guy dealing with it no longer works in complaints dept and although he did receive the banks acceptance form he was waiting on confirmation from the FOS and a copy of there acceptance form.

The complaints dept I'm told did get these but again a break down in communication i,e the complaints dept not telling him had lead to the delay.

However he thanked me for the call and will now progress the finalization this afternoon and the current loan will be paid and closed and a cheque forwarded to me for the remainder which I will receive tomorrow or Wednesday via special delivery.

So there you have it no hold up on mine
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
      Hello George. I'm guessing your post was in reply to me? LoL! I do hear what you are saying. If I send my complaints to the FOS as you say I will be in the queue. For how long though? It really could be months or even years. I guess deep down I'm hoping the banks lose the JR one way or another I can then ring direct to the bank and shout 'YOU OWE ME MONEY AND I WANT IT ASAP!' What would take longer in your view George or anyones for that matter? A decision on the court case or the complaint being resolved via the FOS while the court case continues?
      Some of the delays are about lack of information so are held because you have to keep going back to the individual for further information. I would suspect that currently a lack of information from the banks may be why it would be delayed.
      As for sending my 'holding letters' to the FSA, will they really do anything? I have no faith in them as the banks are already running rings around them. I guess though the more people who get on the backs of the FSA with regards to the banks action, they will have to take notice. Or will they? Probably not.
      Without evidence they can do nothing, absolutely nothing. People who do not send in evidence to the FSA because of that belief are stopping the FSA from doing anything because without any evidence they can do nothing.
      Have the FSA took action against any of the banks which have put claims on hold without doing a proper investigation to see whether the actual complaint is affected by the JR?
      How many complaints have they received about the JR?
      You aren't sending a complaint in, and I suspect others won't bother so how much evidence can they not receive from individuals which means it is not really that bad for consumers.
      I take it we no one reads the FSA website:
      Consumer response to banks PPI letter
      or this
      Reform of PPI market to protect consumers and tackle complaints handling

Furthermore if you are complaining to the FOS there is a document you need to fill in. The questionnaire which is in Microsoft Word format is linked by the first article.

There is also a PDF attached here. The FSA are really doing absolutely nothing as you can see.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Just had a return call, and it turns out the guy dealing with it no longer works in complaints dept and although he did receive the banks acceptance form he was waiting on confirmation from the FOS and a copy of there acceptance form.

The complaints dept I'm told did get these but again a break down in communication i,e the complaints dept not telling him had lead to the delay.

However he thanked me for the call and will now progress the finalization this afternoon and the current loan will be paid and closed and a cheque forwarded to me for the remainder which I will receive tomorrow or Wednesday via special delivery.

nice one p.f

Comment

Yup it deserves a wee celebration drink tonight the end to a 2.5 yr complaint

Fantastic

sigpic

Comment

Yup it deserves a wee celebration drink tonight the end to a 2.5 yr complaint

Fantastic
            Good for you PF - let's hope there'll be more celebratory drinks to come for all affected by this JR.

CT

Comment

Brilliant PF, so pleased for you, well done!

Comment

I really agree with Leclerc on this one. The more proof the FSA have the more they can do. It is frustrating but I truly believe they are taking action and will follow up their letter with enforcement action but they need evidence and a reason to do so.

Also whilst the letter to your MP may seem pointless the more noise we make the more will happen and at least we are taking positive action rather than just waiting.

Comment

I really agree with Leclerc on this one. The more proof the FSA have the more they can do. It is frustrating but I truly believe they are taking action and will follow up their letter with enforcement action but they need evidence and a reason to do so.
                  Agreed also as is why we all must keep the FSA informed because eventually the FSA will get so many complaints on the issue from an individual bank they will be forced to investigate and take action where necessary.

As george says the FSA can take action and has already laid the grounds for such but they need the proof and that has to come from us all

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                    ... the more noise we make the more will happen and at least we are taking positive action rather than just waiting.
                    Very good point George, the more of a scene consumers make, the more likely the media, and therefore the banking industry, is to take notice. I know that any people are going to think that they simply won't be heard by themselves, but you never know, your MP may have been a missold PPI victim too, and with someone else to sympahise with they may speak out.

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
                      Very good point George, the more of a scene consumers make, the more likely the media, and therefore the banking industry, is to take notice. I know that any people are going to think that they simply won't be heard by themselves, but you never know, your MP may have been a missold PPI victim too, and with someone else to sympahise with they may speak out.

CT
                      i know traditionally it never seems to do much good and it,s only an idea but does ame and you all think a petition wouid do any good maybe something merged with martin lewis etc

Comment

A lot of very angry people...lol

What you worried about? Let me just babble on... don't pay any attention if what i have to say is of no value... no?

Then why get so rattled? haha

I know FAR more about what's going on then many of the posters on here... I was the first person to publicly put on a consumer site news of the intended JR back in late august 2010...i was laughed at back then.. by many of the same posters on here (another forum)

I can tell you again... the banks will win the war.

As you all deep down understand.. but fight against.

Keep the red flag flying high... right?

Comment

Yes, i remember this guy above on MSE and yes he was very early with his prediction. He is fairly knowledgeable if a little combative.

I think we should listen to what he has to say (if anything)

Comment

Is he a Judge then ? because the way I see it only the Judge can rule either way unless of course he has the power to read minds lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Blimey......

"
                              PPI cases dealt with by the FOS are expected to total 68,000 by the end of this financial year."
                              going to take a while to get a case sorted out then di

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                                A lot of very angry people...lol

What you worried about? Let me just babble on... don't pay any attention if what i have to say is of no value... no?

Then why get so rattled? haha

I know FAR more about what's going on then many of the posters on here... I was the first person to publicly put on a consumer site news of the intended JR back in late august 2010...i was laughed at back then.. by many of the same posters on here (another forum)

I can tell you again... the banks will win the war.

As you all deep down understand.. but fight against.

Keep the red flag flying high... right?
                                Come on then, let us in on what you know!!!

All opinions can be voiced, whether we agree or disagree with them..so enlighten us??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X