• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lloyds puts PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

Originally posted by Mebestmatewes View Post
    Has this issue been resolved now? Can I calim my PPI back through Lloyds or should I wait still?
    Absolutley no harm in getting your claim in now, that way no matter what happens with Judicual Review you have at least got the ball rolling. These things can take some time so the sooner you start then the sooner you will get a result.

Comment

• Re: Lloyds puts PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

Originally posted by Mebestmatewes View Post
      Has this issue been resolved now? Can I calim my PPI back through Lloyds or should I wait still?

Hi there

I would still go for it, I have 2 in with Lloyds right now, but make a start and send it off anyway, carry on as normal procedure.
      Good luck.

Comment

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Advice please!

Over the last month I have seen an increase in settlements. This coming from the likes of Lloyds, Halifax, and RBS.

Although I am getting settlement offers, they do not seem to be paying out.

I spoke with Lloyds this morning and I get the same response.

"Although offers have been made, due to the JR they cannot calculate the redress due at this point and cannot offer any time scales to when they will payout"

Are they allowed to do this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ConsumerKrammer View Post
          Advice please!

Over the last month I have seen an increase in settlements. This coming from the likes of Lloyds, Halifax, and RBS.

"Although offers have been made, due to the JR they cannot calculate the redress due at this point and cannot offer any time scales to when they will payout"

Thanks
          When you say settlement, have they put a figure to that settlement?

If yes, then ask them why they HAVE worked out a settlement if they can't work out a settlement.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            When you say settlement, have they put a figure to that settlement?

If yes, then ask them why they HAVE worked out a settlement if they can't work out a settlement.
            Lloyds don't give settlement figures anymore. They send a letter stating that they will redress everything that has been paid plus the 8%. And obviously reduce the payment based on the PPI being cancelled.

Once they receive that, they then say they will calculate the redress.

Just is not happening

Comment

Are these Loans of Credit Cards??????

I've recently seen a number of CC's with similar 'no value' final responses, just spoke with Lloyds, they received acceptance forms between 18-20 jan on 6 cases and confirmed 2 have had calculations done this week and remainder should be calculated before monday. Made absolutely no mention of any delays in getting figures finalised.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              also, if was a loan, when did you get the final response. Most recent LTSB loan I've seen was a final response dated 6 Jan and got final figures and confirmation funds being released 28 Jan..
              Last edited by Paul210; 3rd February 2011, 12:23:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi George, what indications have you received to say two weeks?

Comment

BBC News - Twitter and e-mail use in Supreme Court allowed

if it does get to the Supreme Court then we will get live updates via twitter and facebook.

However I did ask them the question about online live coverage of the proceedings after the BBC program on the Supreme Court. Their response was:

"Unfortunately, we do not currently have the capacity to make court footage available via our website. Our footage is recorded digitally in a broadcast-quality format for the primary benefit of mainstream TV news and for archiving purposes, and it is extremely resource-intensive for us to convert our footage to domestic level DVDs or other output formats. However, rest assured that making footage available online is a long-term aspiration that we fully intend to explore once resources allow."

"Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

good point Leclerc also the Supreme Court is the only UK court which allows recording inside, so it's a lot more open and transparent than other courts in the UK.

CT

Comment

Hi Financial Claims Advice -Sorry to not respond sooner and am happy to help but notice your first post is a specific question? Like you I have watched this forum as it is a really informative tool for us all, and like you I am a CMC however feel it is right to share knowledge with these guys as well as receive it. Please feel free to share any knowledge you have. Guys - anyone else who wishes to ask where this info is from please pm me and I will respond.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        Thank you for this forum, It has been very interesting and exiting to read you for the last 3 weeks. I would like to get you advice on my situation:
                        I took a 5 years Loan from MBNA 4 years ago. Last August I decided to get in touch with one of those "No win no fee" companies to take my claim. In October They told me about the PPI judicial review and that my claim was on hold. Now I'm thinking that I should had gone to the Financial Ombudsman Service instead of going to that "no win no fee" company. Can/should I take my claim to the FOS or should I just wait?
                        Thank you very much!

Comment

Greetings TTT,

I would hold fire at the moment until the judgement of this JR is handed down which should happen in the next few weeks you will then be in a better position to decide which way to go.

I say that because if the FSA/FOS win there will most certainly be another announcement from the FSA/FOS as regards to the next steps

Furthermore the same applies if the BBA win.

Either way one will lose and one will win and there could be an appeal from either side or indeed an appeal could be denied.

So I would wait until the outcome of this JR and then decide from that whether to go to the FOS or not.
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                            Welcome finance never placed cases on hold, they have continued to investigate and refund throughout, it is almost certain that these would have been settled direct rather than gone through FOS.

correct
                            and p.s Welcome are one of the only ones still making offers and co-operating with fos
                            Originally posted by ConsumerKrammer View Post
                            Advice please!

Thanks
                            We are not finding this, where we get an offer, we get paid, some are even paying quicker now than before
                            Last edited by MBD23; 4th February 2011, 00:46:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

would be interesting to know why they are complying because welcome are part of cattles and not exactly flush with money so I would of though they would be one of the last to be co-operating.

Funny old world is the financial industry.
                              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Guys - Re Welcome word is they have a deal with FSCS where they have provisioned £x for the FSCS to take over the rocessing of their claims from May of this year. I for one am pleased as despite the fact Welcome will process and pay their service is poor to say the least.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X