• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

The person we are all following/stalking on twitter is merely a lawyer in training.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

presumabley she'll do a good job of writing it up for us then!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        To give an analogy of the bank charges cases, most people who got refunds paid off their debts first rather than spend it on luxuries that they didn't need or require. If they did act in this manner then it would be completely irrational and imho blind stupidity.

LC,

I have a lot of admiration for you and a lot of your postings, but whilst my comment was a little general I don't believe yours to be correct either

Whilst with bank charges there is an easily made link between debt and the charges, that is far from the case with PPI

There are many, many, affluent people that took PPI and I don't see why it would be regarded as irrational or stupid of somebody with no major debts (bar, say a mortgage) to go and splurge a PPI refund on whatever luxury they saw fit?

:hug:

Comment

Do 'unaccountable and unelected' judges have too much power?- Legalweek

Article that kinda asks the same question that AC mentioned earlier in the thread re Do "unaccountable and unelected" judges have too much power?

NCF, was merely mentioning the Bank charges bit cos the same argument was being used about that and refunds. I have rarely gone on PPI threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
            presumabley she'll do a good job of writing it up for us then!!!
            lol, well she can't do much worse than my inane rambles lol
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              Do 'unaccountable and unelected' judges have too much power?- Legalweek

Article that kinda asks the same question that AC mentioned earlier in the thread re Do "unaccountable and unelected" judges have too much power?

NCF, was merely mentioning the Bank charges bit cos the same argument was being used about that and refunds. I have rarely gone on PPI threads.
              Fair comment!

Comment

just tried Google, Bing, Yahoo, "dogpile" (I search search engines on google and found it!) and lexis. Nothing new since 25th!

I'm hoping the delay/lack of communication is becasue it's all got a bit interesting... which makes it more frustrating that we haven't heard anything!

CT
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                lol, well she can't do much worse than my inane rambles lol
                Your rambles have been very useful Ame!
                Last edited by Chip Tuesday; 28th January 2011, 15:01:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Judgement is reserved confirmed via twitter

Comment

mmmm ok, all finished at RCJ now, Tom didn't get in till the last half hour so missed all the legal arguments , it's confirmed that Judgment is reserved till a later date, no specific indication when but it is being expedited, and that's about all I can tell you for definate at the moment. So ears to the ground peeps.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

this just in on twitter:

Lizzi2611 Elizabeth Dennis davearnold64 judgement reserved. BBA case weak and judge more inclined to question them on points of law but these things can go any way.

Comment

am seeing if I can get some info on here from the one person who was there which we have all been following but not sure how well my powers of stalking are.....

Comment

Agreed with lizzie that the Judge was more inclined to quiz the BBA, but then it is the BBA bringing the challenge so thats only to be expected. I'm gutted we didnt have anyone there during the hearing today and yesterday as we now only have the BBA's case on here....
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

transcripts???

Comment

Transcripts take ages and cost hundreds....thinking of the bank charge hearing transcripts we got.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think OTR have said that they had someone there this afternoon unless that meant the usual plagiarism of the version usually on here, lol!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X