• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    No one there today, I asked on CAGif anyone would be there but no positives. SO yip, ear to ground. Otherwise we;ll have to catch up tmw lunchtime.

Sadly, our one PPI expert, alanalana, is not around at the moment. Whilst he is keeping a keen eye on things from afar he is unable to take an active roll in PPI matters or go to the hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by s14lhp View Post
      I'm becoming more confused with what the BBA are appealing here.

In short, can I ask the following:

What is it the BBA are appealing... i.e. That the FSA do not have the power to reinforce rules prior to their establishment?
      If this is the case, why have cases post 2005 (after the FSA was formed) been placed on hold also?

If the BBA win the JR, does this mean that anyone who has been mis-sold the insurance pre or post 05 are unable to get their monies back?
      My understanding.

If the BBA win then people can still claim. Just the claim will be based only on ICOB/ICOBS in force at the time they took out the policy, NOT on the further protection offered by the principles (thus the guidance given by the FSA as that is based on both principles and ICOB/S) ....if you look at the case studies from 2008 from the FOS is shows quite clearly (on case study B I think) that FOS judge claims under ICOB/S AND the Principles - some cases would pass on ICOB/S but fail on principles - so THOSE cases should be the only ones on hold now.

Think ICOB is 2005 to 2008 and ICOBS 2008 onwards (but check in the handbook)

Also I think the banks are misrepresenting the JR as though if they win no one can claim, as obviously that is in their best interests.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ICOB Review
        ICOB review that was ongoing then in 2007
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I spent my bank charges on a new kitchen and thoroughly regret it now (I don't even live in that house any more lol), though it was back in '06 before I knew better.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

March 2008. PS07/24(PDF link in this link)
            PS07/24: Insurance selling and administration - Feedback on CP07/11 and final rules

Comment

what the BBA are arguing against is the following:

1. The FSA's Policy Statement 10/12
              2. The FOS's "guidance" on thier website

1. The FSA's PS10/12, if quashed, would leave all complaints as they were pre-1st December 2010.

2. If the FOS were ordered to remove their "guidance" (which isn't actually guidance, hence the quote marks) then so be it, the Ombudsman still afterall has the power to decised cases in a way that seems fair to the Ombudsman considering all the facts of the case. Removing the online resource would not necessarily change the FOS's opinions of the banks at all, it may just alter the phrasing used by applicants looking to take their cases to the FOS.

As a certain Meerkat would say, simples!

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                I spent my bank charges on a new kitchen and thoroughly regret it now (I don't even live in that house any more lol), though it was back in '06 before I knew better.
                oh I've SO been there and done that!

Comment

Anyone got lunchtime updates yet?

CT

Comment

Nope sorry, but I know the guy that is there this morning has an important appt at 2 so he may be waiting until that is out of the way. Soon as I hear anything I'll let you know. Frustrating I know. Nothing across the boards/twitter at all so far.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

"Down the royal courts for the BBA v FSA judicial review. feeling from FSA press office is reserved judgement" Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by s14lhp View Post
                        "Down the royal courts for the BBA v FSA judicial review. feeling from FSA press office is reserved judgement" Twitter
                        We read the same thing

Comment

ha ha, I started following that feed this morning!

CT

Comment

It is very frustrating from this end, I hope we will have something before the close of play today but I can't promise anything as I'm basically just waiting by the phone, so yes if you spot anything twitter/fb/other sites please feel free to post on here (quoting the source naturally) as there's around 80 people constantly watching this thread for news.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think we are all on twitter and probably google every so often using the news search facility plus facebook site as well......I think there are a number of potential stalkers on this thread so let's hope the police are not on here too, lol!

Comment

I am suprised more CMCs havent attended considering the potential affect on their business, but then I guess they may want to keep any info to themselves to give them an advantage, who knows.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X