• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Grayo View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have been watching this thread for a few days now with interest. I would like to say thanks to all the posters who have contributed to this thread.

I had a great suppries this morning when I checked my online LloydsTSB bank account. I put in a claim last September for a PPI on a £20,000 loan I had taken out. Today I received £5,000 back into my account. So to all you people still waiting for your PPI claims please be patient LloydsTSB are still paying out.

This is not the first claim for us, my wife also made a claim last year and received £6,000 back in one claim and £3,000 back in another claim.

Keep going people don't give up. GOOD LUCK

Grayo
    I'm green with envy
    sigpic"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

Comment

Any news if we've got an LBs rep in Court today?

CT

Comment

Chip, am not sue if anyone is there from LB today. Exc, and Tom Brennan are unable to go and unless pompeyfaith has gone, I don't think we have anyone at the hearing from LB today. I'd have gone myself but as with most people have not got the dosh to go.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Don't worry Leclerc, I'm unable to go myself. We'll just have to keep our ears to the ground today to find out what's going on.

CT

Comment

That's right bird watching so to speak with twitter
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            FTAdviser.com - BBA sees new PPI rules as ‘unlawful’

This is a report of day one from the FT Advisor which albeit we have already discussed above.
            Last edited by leclerc; 27th January 2011, 11:24:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
              The Bank's and Financial Institutions who signed up to the ABI & GISC code(s) of conduct should have been mindful of their obligations re: the selling of, General Insurance!

e.g:
              http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2004...e.jobsandmoney

There are many such examples, some reported and some, not...

If, the BBA (the bank's) succeed with their case against the FSA and the FOS, they will not win at the end of the day...

I say, shame on the Bank's, (with all their 'ill gotten' bonuses) for having the sheer audacity of taking the FSA/FOS to court:
              http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...le/index.shtml
              Was looking for open letter re PPI delays but instead found this one which explains the misselling and refers to the previous guidelines and misselling as AC has mentioned above.

Comment

I'm still interested in the MSE article:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...0000-customers

It seems to me that Lloyds are undertaing exactly what has been asked of them by the FSA within PS10/12, which is exactly what they are battling the FSA over in the judicial review. Do you guys think that the judge would look at this as evidence that the PS10/12 isn't as detrimental as the banks are trying to make out, and therefore side with the FSA & FOS?

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post

It seems to me that Lloyds are undertaing exactly what has been asked of them by the FSA within PS10/12, which is exactly what they are battling the FSA over in the judicial review. Do you guys think that the judge would look at this as evidence that the PS10/12 isn't as detrimental as the banks are trying to make out, and therefore side with the FSA & FOS?

CT
                  They're refunding mainly Halifax complaints which suggests that they are saying that the HBOS merger was even more of a bad deal than their mortgage business which caused most of their huge losses in 2009. I suspect many of those customers may have taken out the card pre 2008. Remember, it does not say that it is writing to every single Halifax credit card holder with PPI.
                  Do we know any figures for the number of Halifax Credit card holders?

Comment

No one there today, I asked on CAGif anyone would be there but no positives. SO yip, ear to ground. Otherwise we;ll have to catch up tmw lunchtime.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                      That's right bird watching so to speak with twitter
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      FTAdviser.com - BBA sees new PPI rules as ‘unlawful’

This is a report of day one from the FT Advisor which albeit we have already discussed above.
                      Which? have responded to the above article

"We don’t believe the FSA introduced new rules; they simply set out what banks should have been doing in the first place. It is essential that people who have been mis-sold policies are fairly compensated. We’ve already helped consumers by explaining what counts as mis-selling and provided an online tool to make the compliant process easier. It’s difficult to sympathise with those companies who have mis-sold policies having to pay compensation, when a consumer may have paid an additional £2,000-£3,000 on a £7,500 five-year loan – which they may not have even been able to claim on in the first place. http://www.which.co.uk/ppi"

Comment

CT
                        On the I.T job boards its going mad with roles for banking projects

No coincidence I think - ramping up for systems to pay out PPI refunds

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                          On the I.T job boards its going mad with roles for banking projects

No coincidence I think - ramping up for systems to pay out PPI refunds
                          I know Lloyds Banking group are trying to tie up full integration with BOS/Halifax since they took the head of RBS IT who dealt with NatWest/RBS group integration. I suspect Santander have/will do the same because it makes sense to be able to do it that way.
                          Most banks would already have to have in place systems to deal with payouts of PPI prior to the court case as they did with the bank charges cases.
                          I think it is still surprising considering the number of redundancies in that area over the last 12 months though.

Comment

it's all to quiet!

Comment

it's all to quiet!
                              thats because the fat man aint singing yet Chip

Comment

anyone seens anything thats gives a clue how its gone today? blogs, tweets, rumours, jungle drums, anything???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X