• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

pmsl x
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      pmsl x
      What are you laughing at?

The good folk at the BBA are fine and upstanding people who embody such high standards of integrity that the likes of you & I could only dream of aspiring to.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        What are you laughing at?

The good folk at the BBA are fine and upstanding people who embody such high standards of integrity that the likes of you & I could only dream of aspiring to.
        totally agree with you(tongue is firmly superglued to cheek)
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          It is somewhat strange that OTR they seem to be well behind on this subject
          I think that's probably a bit unfair. In fact they're a day ahead of everyone else:

''JR hearing starts, tomorrow, 24th January......''

BBA - v FSA - PPI Judicial Review

Comment

I think that's probably a bit unfair. In fact they're a day ahead of everyone else:

''JR hearing starts, tomorrow, 24th January......''

BBA - v FSA - PPI Judicial Review

:tinysmile_grin_t: lol
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

And another:

The major banks will this week begin their High Court challenge over new rules on the way complaints about controversial payment protection insurance must be handled.

The British Bankers' Association is launching a judicial review against the Financial Services Authority and the Financial Ombudsman Service over new regulations that came into force in December.
              The rules aim to ensure consumers are treated fairly, both when they buy payment protection insurance (PPI) and when they complain about being mis-sold the cover.

To ensure people understand what they are buying, providers will have to talk potential customers through the key features of a policy, rather than just provide them with a document giving the information, as was previously the case.
              More on the link below

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/01/2...surance-rules/

sigpic

Comment

Quite looking forward to tomorrow, when all this starts up.

However, our electric goes off in our street from about 2 pm until 4pm, although they will be using a generator just for that time, we may get some interference and have been advised by letter to switch of things like computers, Sky etc......even though it should not really do any harm.

So see how it goes.

Comment

Nip down to your local electrical store and watch it there Di lol

May even be on a 50" hd set

sigpic

Comment

Current and recent work

• R (BBA) v FSA and FOS
                      Simon, led by Lord Pannick QC, Charles Flint QC and Javan Herberg, currently acts for the British Bankers’ Association in its challenge to FSA’s Policy Statement on Payments Protection Insurance complaints handling and FOS decisions on PPI complaints.
                    http://www.blackstonechambers.com/pe...pritchard.html
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    7 R (on the application of British Bankers’ Association (BBA)) v Financial Services Authority (FSA) and Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
                    Judicial review challenge by the banking lobby to rules issued by the FSA on the handling of complaints related to payment protection insurance (PPI). The BBA is *seeking an order quashing FSA and FOS decisions relating to the handling of PPI complaints.
                    Claimant lawyers:
                    • Freshfields partners David Scott and Simon Orton instructed Blackstone Chambers’ David Pannick QC, Charles Flint QC and Javan Herberg and Simon Pritchard for the BBA.

Defendant lawyers:
                    • SNR Denton partner Richard Caird instructed Michael Brindle QC of Fountain Court, Monica Carss-Frisk QC of Blackstone Chambers, and Richard Coleman of Fountain Court, for the FSA.
                    • Russell-Cooke Solicitors partner John Gould instructed 4-5 Gray’s Inn Square’s Hodge Malek QC and James Strachan for the FOS.

Intervener:
                    • Herbert Smith partner Andrew Lidbetter instructed Blackstone Chambers’ Michael Fordham QC and Paul Luckhurst to act for Nemo Personal Finance.

Hearing date: 24 January for four to five days.
                    Judge and court: TBC; Administrative Court
                    http://www.thelawyer.com/top-20-case...006498.article
                    Russell-Cooke act in high profile litigation

Date posted: Tuesday, 11th January 2011
                    Russell-Cooke feature at number 7 in The Lawyer magazine's 'Top 20 cases of 2011' with the case of R (on the application of British Bankers' Association (BBA)) v Financial Services Authority (FSA) and Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) - please click here to view it online.
                    The claim for judicial review brought against Russell-Cooke's client FOS relates to the handling of payment protection insurance (PPI) complaints. The potential significance of the case and the involvement of what the Magazine describes as "the Country's top legal minds" are reflected in it being picked out by the Magazine from the many thousands of cases reaching the Courts each year.
                    Senior Partner John Gould leads the Russell-Cooke team instructing Hodge Malek QC and James Strachan of 4/5 Gray's Inn Square.
                    The High Court is due to hear the case in January 2011.
                    http://www.russell-cooke.co.uk/people-detail.cfm?id=101
                    http://www.dac.co.uk/documents/resou..._review_-_Wire

http://www.dac.co.uk/documents/resou...oor_PPI_review
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 24th January 2011, 21:48:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Sorry Amethyst lol doing my google search to see what can be dug up.

Getting excited whilst trying to keep myself busy lol

Time for that cuppa.

sigpic

Comment

I await tmw with baited breath!

Comment

http://www.bba.org.uk/media/article/...ments-to-past-
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 24th January 2011, 22:25:PM.

sigpic

Comment

The utter, bare faced cheek of the BBA never ceases to amaze me

" In the meantime BBA members continue to handle all PPI-related complaints in accordance with FSA rules. Where the assessment of the complaint would not be affected by the judicial review, these complaints will be handled in the normal way"

Cow's? Sheep's?

Nah, it's Buls**t!

I hope they get shafted

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              Nip down to your local electrical store and watch it there Di lol

May even be on a 50" hd set

LOL, what an idea PF

Well I may risk just using the electrics whilst the generator is set up, I really don't want to miss this, but yet again if the case starts from 10 am in the morning I won't get to miss too much. Well I hope not anyway lol.

Comment

is the hearing being broadcast then? I didn't think that any court (apart from the supreme court) was allowed to record inside?

CT

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X