• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Class Act View Post
    Nice one Class Act.

The letter confirms that the FSA are on the case when it comes to the blanket holds on complaints pending the JR and that they will take ''tough enforcement action'' on firms that don't comply.

And it's good that the FSA have spelt out the types complaints that should be dealt with (ie most of them) which should be useful to complainants.

I note that the FSA states in the letter that ''We have also read with concern, that statements made by some trade associations indicating that in their view, the measures contained in PS10/12 are not relevant while the Judicial Review is going on''.

Who could have tipped the FSA off about that, I wonder?

Sent: 03 December 2010 15:25
    To: Whistle
    Subject: BBA

Dear Sir/Madam

I write in connection with the BBA's Judicial Review action against the FSA & FOS and in particular the issue of banks' non compliance in implementing the Policy Statement (10/12), the subject of the challenge.

Attached is an internal BBA document in which it is stated that it's member's refusal to implement the requirements in the Policy Statement ''...didn't matter much given most [PPI complaints] were on hold...''.

Clearly this demonstrates a careless and cavalier disregard for the FSA's authority and complainants and confirms that ''most'' complaints have been suspended pending the litigation, contrary to what the BBA have said publicly.

I hope this may help the FSA in consideration of any potential enforcement action.

Yours faithfully

Mr XXX

----- Original Message -----
    Whistle FSA
    To:
    XXX
    Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 12:44 PM
    Subject: RE: BBA

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your email of 3 December; the contents of which have been noted and passed to the relevant department for further consideration.

Please note that the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, from which we have gained our powers, prevents us from disclosing the nature of our enquiries with individual firms and whether any regulatory action has been taken arising from a particular complaint. Accordingly, I am unable to provide any feedback on how we have followed up the information you have given us.

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

Yours sincerely
    Margaret Pell
    Associate, FSA Whistleblower
    Enforcement and Financial Crime Division
    Financial Services Authority
    25 The North Colonnade
    Canary Wharf
    London, E14 5HS
    +44 (0)20 7066 9200

Last edited by EXC; 23rd January 2011, 15:23:PM.

Comment

It will now be very interesting to see how the Banks play this, as the letter is very clear in that if you are not giving final decisions on potential ICOB/ICOBS breaches then enforcement action will be taken.

Comment

Also, good ammunition re: DCA's who are pursuing debts, which have mis-sold PPI involved!

Comment

Cant wait until Tuesday as looking like the JR will be most interesting

Bring it on I say
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Cant wait until Tuesday as looking like the JR will be most interesting

Bring it on I say
            It certainly will be!

Comment

Arh so its this Tuesday this all fires up then, not Monday?
              I thought it was tomorrow lol, getting muddled with something else I think.

So looking forward to this too.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Arh so its this Tuesday this all fires up then, not Monday?
                I thought it was tomorrow lol, getting muddled with something else I think.

So looking forward to this too.
                No, it's Tuesday and then the case/matter will rumble on...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                  No, it's Tuesday and then the case/matter will rumble on...

lol thanks, I have an app tomorrow, and think I got the dates confused with that.

Comment

Perhaps, I should have added an exclamation mark after the "..."

Comment

Hi guys,

If I remember correctly (which I might not...!) I think the prosiding judge for the JR will be announced today. If/when I find out who it is I'll let you guys know.

CT

Comment

So far I can only see today's hearings, anyone know how to see a full week view of up-coming cases on the HM Court Services website?

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/list_admin.htm

CT

Comment

I think you have to look after 4pm for tmws listings.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            I think you have to look after 4pm for tmws listings.
                            Thanks Amethyst, I'll check again at 4

CT

Comment

BBC preview of the case BBC News - Banks challenge PPI compensation rules in High Court

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Building to a crescendo now -- even the red top tabloids will be on it topmorrow.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X