• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Someone just posted on MSE

BARCLAYS NOW!!!
    http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/lo...020128.article

Comment

Post #126 above
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
        So if this refers to anyone complaining about how they were sold PPI, what other PPI related complaints does that leave - aren't they all related to how it was sold...............or am I just being dim here?
        Not being Dim at all nelliepops and I think they have been very clever in what they have said..TBH

Comment

Thanks Marshallka - I just get the impression they are going to use weasel words to get round this and use it as a way to process as few complaints as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Post #126 above
            Oh, right Ame, we are late then lol.....

Comment

The interesting thing about today's BBA announcement is that they said that ''all'' complaints will be handled ''in accordance with the FSA's rules'', before going on to say that some will be held pending the JR.

The BBA have told the BBC that ''the FSA's rules allowed these cases to be put on hold until the case was over''

BBC News - PPI claims to be delayed

But I spose it's just a matter of interpretation.

Comment

wish they'd just tell the flipping truth instead of clever wording that no one bloody understands.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Santander need even more applauding!

Comment

i think is on two points

1) if the ppi sale related to issues you had with it i.e unemployment, previous medical conditions etc

Or

2) You missale complaint is regarding the way they sold it to you this could be subject to the JR

Yes no?
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      i think is on two points

1) if the ppi sale related to issues you had with it i.e unemployment, previous medical conditions etc

Or

2) You missale complaint is regarding the way they sold it to you this could be subject to the JR

Yes no?
                      If your PPI complaint relates to the Policy itself then its usually the insurer you would make the complaint to anyway.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/7da0f454-d...44feabdc0.html

However it added: “Customers should be assured that all complaints will be reviewed - even those delayed by this judicial review process.”
                      The BBA did not make clear which claims might be put on hold. But it is believed that complaints about policies sold before 2005 and disputes about the suitability of the sale are likely to be suspended.
                      But some legal firms, which deal with PPI compensation claims, say all their claims have been put on hold.

Comment

would help if they spoke in PIL dont you think
                        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Part of the new rules is that claims from CMCs are treated the same as claims from individuals I think. CMCs claims are (in the most part) bog standard template claims, often irrelevant to the claimant and incorrect, so I can see why banks would be annoyed at that.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                            The interesting thing about today's BBA announcement is that they said that ''all'' complaints will be handled ''in accordance with the FSA's rules'', before going on to say that some will be held pending the JR.

All complaints will be handled in accordance with FSA rules so clearly the issue is over redress and not over whether the sale is a misselling or a non misseelling one.
                            The BBA have told the BBC that ''the FSA's rules allowed these cases to be put on hold until the case was over''
                            Could someone ring them and ask which FSA rule specifically allowed cases to be put on hold. Surely that is a waiver in which there isn't one.

BBC News - PPI claims to be delayed

But I spose it's just a matter of interpretation.
                            See above with regards to another interpretation and a question....
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Can we put press stories in the press section, link to them from here by all means, but no need to post the entire story (and actually quite a few news peeps dont like you to copy paste entire stories). Have taken last two posts off as both quoted entire news story which is already posted. lol. Ta xx

Still no word back from bba regarding how to tell if complaints will be held or not.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Can we put press stories in the press section, link to them from here by all means, but no need to post the entire story (and actually quite a few news peeps dont like you to copy paste entire stories). Have taken last two posts off as both quoted entire news story which is already posted. lol. Ta xx

Still no word back from bba regarding how to tell if complaints will be held or not.
                                I was actually in the middle of deleting my quoting of it and after (and I know there must be an easier way of doing it!!!) holding delete for the entire news story as I realised what I had done, it was gone anyway!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X