• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
    I've just got back from a night-shift on the cabs to find the most amazing sequence of emotional - yet sober - thinking. There is some real power being generated here, I reckon.

It sure seems good to me that we should reject the current offer, and re-group our efforts, considering the work that Marshallka and Turbo have put into this set of claims "off-site." I have not been privy to that.

If - as PF seems to agree - there is not a hard and fast urgency to this - then let's use that to our advantage. Some precision wouldn't go amiss, methinks. So let's do a DSAR - yet again - and use the data from that in the light of Turbo and Marshallka'sadvice here. I feel that the outcome will be EXTREMELY useful in future claims - and may well have a positive effect on future doggy vet bills, too !!!

Bless you guys...!!!!
    Hi, Bill,

I too (as you may know) had a few loans with Co-op and got them back as goodwill.

I thought I had been short changed also but I DID get a statement of account for each one which showed my settlement figure. I also took out a FP loan and consolidated one of their loans into this and the settlement on my statement was correct as this was paid off by FP. I then worked them all back (in the way I have done on this site) and they were correct. I actually did them like a trial balance whereby I put debits and credits (by hand) and worked them through and I came to the exact amounts they had redressed me for. I can show my working later (going out shopping now) and see what you think.

I worked out that if I had had the redress amount that was "quoted" to me then they would have actually paid me for having their loan. Mine were ALL rule 78 settlements and they are expensive hence it being abolished but at least Co-op gave a rebate also unlike firstplus who worked them on rule 78 and only gave a small tiny rebate of what you are charged.

Comment

bill

I agree a sar is needed here so that we are not going around in circles and wondering where to get off indeed more hard facts are needed not only to make it easier for you guys but also to build a good thread that as you say will benefit others and yes you are right in that i am not after a quick fix on this but the right fix

So if you guys can post here what you need in the way of info i will make sure that they are very clear in the rar
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Gosh - are you guys and girls still at it?

Many thanks to all who are helping my friend PF with this

Just to show how these companies can get it wrong - even after the wonderful Bill and Turbo have been on the case - today my post included a cheque from LTSB (relating to loan 3 of 6) for £450 approx with a note to say the bank had miscalculated my PPI refund!!! This was without any prompting from me.

Keep up the good work all

Comment

Your all doing a grand job and a big thanks from me xx

Comment

nellie thank you that does prove the point that we must note take the banks figures as gospel and indeed make sure we have all the info in front of us well done btw

sigpic

Comment

right off to do the shopping will be back this evening ty xx

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                bill

I agree a sar is needed here so that we are not going around in circles and wondering where to get off indeed more hard facts are needed not only to make it easier for you guys but also to build a good thread that as you say will benefit others and yes you are right in that i am not after a quick fix on this but the right fix

So if you guys can post here what you need in the way of info i will make sure that they are very clear in the rar
                Good stuff, PF. Let's chill, now.

Get the DSAR sent and get the Track & Trace receipt.

After that, we will need you to go through the spreadies and re-enter the data FROM the genuine DSAR data you have. Do this in order, and take your time, matey. No more errors, this time.

THEN - we will need to get the final figures assembled, and compare them with what we have already. Any anomalies will need to be ironed out.

Finally, we should have a watertight claim (mathematically) - and can realistically compare this with the offer(s) made thus far.

And if this all goes through, then maybe we can meet you on "The Hard" in Portsmouth for fish & chips one day...!!!

Comment

Bill agreed will get the DSAR done this evening and have it on the mantle ready to take to the post office Monday morning
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Once i have done the DSAR ill put it up on here for checking just in case i have missed something ty all
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd October 2010, 15:12:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Hi PF & Marshy

Working with Marshy on your figure as we speak--but Hull City
                    still in a dull draw with Coventry (after losing 4-0 to Burnley)

If they lose--I'm going to post The Ballad of Lucy ******

If they win--I'm going to post A Freddie & Montseratt Cabelle number

What do you want if its a dull draw-lol ?

Turbo (Clxxx)

Comment

midd 2 pompey 2

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        midd 2 pompey 2
                        Eh? --

Comment

pompey climb out of the bottom three middlesbro 2 pompey 2 thats two wins and a fine draw after being 2 goals down
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          blimey what is going on at liverpool they are now in the bottom 3 crikey
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd October 2010, 16:12:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Marshallka

Forgot how to post YT --( yes me!!11)--ths is for you Marshallka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNvQMJ7N0s

Love Clxxx

Comment

Thanks for that link Turboman Fleetwood Mac one of my all time greats.

PF

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Turbo. I actually had this album at one time...

xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X