• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    lol now totally confused it would appear we need those settlements as they are key to this as you will see I did try to get those but they refused to release them I wonder why? furthermore the FOS backed them up on that point for some reason.

Are we at least agreed that thee only reason is damage limitation?

Perhaps a stronger worded letter to the bank will do the trick.

BTW I do have a solicitors willing to take this on and infact my cousin is one of them at burnetts.

So I could get a sols letter sent to them.

PF
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I was not paying two loans at the same time that is certain le me check the dates again.

PF
    No PF, wait for Turbo to get back. I noted that on the spreadsheets it says that loan 84 made 14 repayments and then settled early. It did not though if as per your posting of information in pdf's your dates are correct. That loan had its first repayment in July 2004 and settled in Feb 2005. This would be 8 months later and not 14 and I was just working it out to see if we can tally some figures. Did you have any statements of the loan? I had them all sent to me when I sent my SAR to co-op and also I know that what they stated I settled at, I did, as I remortgaged and added them a couple of times so was able to check them back.

The only thing that I can see is that the PPI rebate applied at the settlement was not accounted for on the spreadsheets???????

ALSO, I have not accounted for the 8% statutory interest!!!!

Turbo, I really don't understand these spreadsheet things TBH so cannot tell you where you are wrong IF in fact you are that is... I can only work out and give my opinion on this using the above method.
    Last edited by marshallka; 1st October 2010, 20:58:PM.

Comment

Ok--I won't take my bat home until the morning --lol--its just that PF is reacting to the last opinion and we need to take it slowly

Marsh--Think our differences might be that you are not applying 8% on the portion of the settlement figure attributable to PPI---massive on loans 1,2 &4 at least

In which case -just cos you say you agree with their methods in your case--does not mean that you have notbeen ripped off as well!!!

Can you send me the rule of 78 settlements on all 8/9 loans based upon

1-the assumed no of payments that we deduced from PF ss's
      2-as abobe but your calculation from the start date to the date in the 2010 offer (but why woould PF have a different no of payments in her SS0

We will then put your settlement figures in our SS 1 mth after the date of last payment--AND ADD 8% on the PPI portion of that settlement

If we don't get a figure of more than £5000 more than PF has been offered--this is my last post ever on LB

maybe the Queen Sanctuary ????

Turbo

ps---Bill-calm me down with The Ballad of Lucy ******
      Last edited by Turboman; 4th October 2010, 05:46:AM. Reason: slowly

Comment

18/03/2005 was the last payment on loan 84.
        LOL Sorry all this is rip your hair out time.

TM got any queen ?

PF
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 20:58:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

18/03/2005 was the last payment on loan 84.
          LOL Sorry all this is rip your hair out time.

TM got any queen ?

PF
          I took it from your letter stating when you were given rebates against the PPI and one of them was Feb 2005? Still that is not too far out then.

Turbo. Can you give me the figures for the ones you want me to work out and if they were using the new regs I am not much good I am afraid.

I will gladly have a go though and see what I can come up with but can you post the figures in plain text on here cause I am stupid with these spreads (sorry not as clever as you!!!) . I would need the loan date and amounts and how many repayments made and how much repayments were for etc.... I would appreciate it that way if possible.

Will work them out tomorrow if you get to me tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
            I took it from your letter stating when you were given rebates against the PPI and one of them was Feb 2005? Still that is not too far out then.

Turbo. Can you give me the figures for the ones you want me to work out and if they were using the new regs I am not much good I am afraid.

I will gladly have a go though and see what I can come up with but can you post the figures in plain text on here cause I am stupid with these spreads (sorry not as clever as you!!!) . I would need the loan date and amounts and how many repayments made and how much repayments were for etc.... I would appreciate it that way if possible.

Will work them out tomorrow if you get to me tonight.
            I think your basic flaw is that the Co-Op do not give you 8% on the ppi part of the settlement from the date of the settlement--which is massive

(& you also have missed out in believing co-op methods)

yes--will post in english if you wish---but I am a mathametician & me and Bill are computer geeks---so its hard for us--lol

Cheers Marsh--(by the way I am sure that you are 100% wrong --lol)----EDIT Marshy you are right-Sorry--we had "trouble at Houston" in our SS-lol

Turbo
            Last edited by Turboman; 4th October 2010, 05:48:AM. Reason: Sorry

Comment

Details of all 9 Loans that have had PPI attached

None of these loans ran to there term as I refinanced early so had a partial rebate on the PPI but as they where missold all of the policy cost should have been returned to the loan and any payments made returned.

This is the stumbling block I have been having on each of these loans they keep part of the policy cost as if I cancelled it.

And all they are returning is the payments made.

I cannot give you the monthly PPI payment as all bar 2 are not multiple agreements so the PPI element is rolled into the total monthly payment.

Loan 1 089081 22449872 80

Loan Amount £4650 PPI Premium £1064.44

Start Date 09/04/1999 End Date 09/03/2004

Monthly Payment £132.72 Term 60 mths

APR 14.89% Refinanced on 23/11/2000

Loan 2 089081 22449872 81

Loan Amount £3000 PPI Premium £689.58

Start Date 23/11/2000 End Date 23/10/2005

Monthly Payment £85.76 Term 60 mths

APR 14.86% Refinanced on 19/03/2002

Loan 3 089081 22449872 80

Loan Amount £4000 PPI Premium £951.11

Start Date 19/03/2002 End Date 19/02/2007

Monthly Payment £ 110.35 Term 60 mths

APR 12.40% Refinanced on 19/04/2003

Loan 4 089081 22449872 83

Loan Amount £5300 PPI Premium £1260.22

Start Date 19/04/2003 End Date 19/03/2008

Monthly Payment £134.36 Term 60 mths

APR 8.73% Refinanced on 18/07/2004

Loan 5 089081 22449872 84

Loan Amount £6850 PPI Premium £1691.15

Start Date 18/07/2004 End Date 18/06/2009

Monthly Payment £188.41 Term 60 mths

APR 11.89% Refinanced on 18/04/2005

Loan 6 089081 22449872 81

Loan Amount £ 5000 PPI Premium £1264.88

Start Date 18/04/2005 End Date 18/03/2010

Monthly Payment £124.76 Term 60 mths

APR 7.24% Refinanced on 01/10/2005

Loan 7 089081 22449872 85

Loan Amount £6300 PPI Premium £2004.77

Start Date 01/10/2005 End Date 01/09/2011

Monthly Payment £141.91 Term 72 mths

APR 6.69% Refinanced on 01/07/2006

The next two are multiple agreements

Loan 8 089081 22449872 82

Loan Amount £3000 PPI Premium £887.02

Start Date 01/07/2006 End Date 01/06/2013

Monthly Loan Payment £ 51.00 Monthly PPI Payment £15.07

APR 7.0% Term 72 Months Refinanced on 15/10/2007
              __________________________________________________ ___

Loan 9 089081 22449872 83 Current Loan

Loan Amount £ 6000 PPI Premium £1511.27

Start Date 15/10/2007 End Date 15/09/ 2014

Monthly Loan Payment £114.18 Monthly PPI Payment £28.74

APR 10.50% Term 72 Months

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                I think your basic flaw is that the Co-Op do not give you 8% on the ppi part of the settlement from the date of the settlement--which is massive

(& you also have missed out in believing co-op methods)

yes--will post in english if you wish---but I am a mathametician & me and Bill are computer geeks---so its hard for us--lol

Cheers Marsh--(by the way I am sure that you are 100% wrong --lol)

Turbo
                OK Turbo, point taken Turbo and thanks for that....lol

If I add the 8% statutory interest on Turbo it looks like this (using my 8 repayments and not your 14 repayments) as loan 84 started in July 2004 with 1st repayment.
                2nd August 2004
                3rd September 2004
                4th October 2004
                5th November 2004
                6th December 2004
                7th Jan 2005
                8th Feb 2005 and settled as per letter posted by Pompeyfaith

Then 8 % statutory interest ONLY on the amount of 698.96 charged at Feb 2005 (but i realise that pompey says it was now March 2005 ???????) would be another £314.05 so total to repay to Pompey is £1013.01.

I also realise that you work these out on each repayment made and the date they are made and do a running total. If it was worked out like this it would be a little more.

Comment

That answers the question why the bank was quick to give a partial settlement on the current loan of £914.20 on the 10/03/2009 whilst the complaint was being investigated by the FOS without my instruction to do so.

PF

sigpic

Comment

I'm still on wine Marsh

Love you

Clxxxx

Comment

Marshallka if turbo is right and I am not doubting anyone at the moment it looks like you have another claim for the rest.

I really feel like taking them into the court room now and forcing the figures out of them and also going for damages for all the stress they have put me under with dcas i will never forgive them for that knowing that the redress is more than enough to honour the loan in full.
                      brb its coffee o'clock time
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 21:46:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Marshallka if turbo is right and I am not doubting anyone at the moment it looks like you have another claim for the rest.

I really feel like taking them into the court room now and forcing the figures out of them and also going for damages for all the stress they have put me under with dcas i will never forgive them for that knowing that the redress is more than enough to honour the loan in full.
                        brb its coffee o'clock time
                        I don't think mine are wrong Pompey. and me and Turbo DID agree with the fact they were not in the end. I honestly don't think I am wrong either here.... i have shown my working above and cannot see where I am going wrong. I do not add the statutory interest on until the end and I have shown in my post prior how much your redress would be (according to my working lol) for loan 84 IF you accepted and stat interest was calculated to today date. It would be in total £1013... being the redress amount of £698.95 plus stat interest to today being £314.05 = £1013...

Going to bed now as I have to be up early for my doggies insulin lol. I never get a little bit of a lie in now.

BRB tomorrow for another battering...

Comment

Turbo are we in agreement then that another SAR is required and if so bearing in mind that the fos needs an answer on Monday as to whether I accept or not.

I can just tell the FOS that I still do not agree with there offer and that the offer was not fully explained as to the method used and that I am still waiting for the settlement figures they seem hell bent in not supplying.

Then get a SAR sent off on Monday for full disclosure.

If it takes another 6 mths so be it im willing to wait after all its already been 2 yrs so another few months is neither her or there besides it will cost them more in interest

Simple Minds – Belfast Child

PF
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 22:14:PM.

sigpic

Comment

it is in the fos guidelines that stat interest should be added to each payment

sigpic

Comment

I've just got back from a night-shift on the cabs to find the most amazing sequence of emotional - yet sober - thinking. There is some real power being generated here, I reckon.

It sure seems good to me that we should reject the current offer, and re-group our efforts, considering the work that Marshallka and Turbo have put into this set of claims "off-site." I have not been privy to that.

If - as PF seems to agree - there is not a hard and fast urgency to this - then let's use that to our advantage. Some precision wouldn't go amiss, methinks. So let's do a DSAR - yet again - and use the data from that in the light of Turbo and Marshallka'sadvice here. I feel that the outcome will be EXTREMELY useful in future claims - and may well have a positive effect on future doggy vet bills, too !!!

Bless you guys...!!!!

Comment

Ok Marshy--back to the fray

Will re read all above in a mo & the thread in MSE

A lot of the confusion between ourselves is the number of payments made which we took from PF's early SS's--and set that in stone-wheras you deduced it assuming the dates in the Co-Op offer letter were set in stone.

I see PF has posted more info above--I would like us to finally produce a simple list Marsh so we to progress forward together:

Loan Number/No of payments made/Settlement figure under Rule of 78

Best Wishes

Clxxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X