• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI and Court

After them at first only offering redress on the 8 policies at first and having to fight for 18 mths with them and the fos for redress on this first policy you can understand scepticism off agreeing to this latest offer until I am happy in myself that it is right.

Cannot believe they are still trying the damage limitation exercise.

PF
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I sure can understand your skepticism, PF. This lot have hi-jacked the old 'Caring, Sharing Co-Op' ethos, and completely betrayed the trust we had put in them over the years of the Co-Op's existence. As Enaid also highlights, they appear to have also hi-jacked the 'Ethical Banking' carnival float, as well. If 'Ethical Banking' isn't a contradiction in terms, then I despair for the poor 'Caring, Sharing drug-dealers' who do their best to help our impoverished inner-city inhabitants avoid a meaningful life by relieving them of any conscience.

That 19th payment is interesting, PF. If YOU have any evidence (other than the circumstantial which you have provided) that it was made, we need to find it. If the Co-Op has anything better to prove you wrong, then let's put them to proof. In providing that proof, they may then also provide proof that they with-held data from you - to which you were lawfully entitled. If you're up for the fight, then go for it - BUT - do NOT let that fight become your 'Cause Celébre.' Be prepared to put it aside, as it is just a small part of what is a pretty big picture. Enjoy the skirmish - but do NOT let it stress you, big guy. You are too valuable to let that happen.

...and I haven't even met you.

Comment

the only proof i have is what is written on the agreement which is a reqirerment to have a co-op bank account with a dd from this account which i had in order for them to take payment whether the funds were cleared or not

Indeed they bowed to this argument when they tried saying no proof of payments on this first loan so no redress on it

So i think i have them by the b*******

I think the FOS murt be tired of me lol but i will not see myself being ripped off no matter how much as they are the bank and it is for them to get it right and furthermore i should not be chasing the banks tail as that is the job of the FOS

Lastly for everyone out there as you would think an offer via the FOS would be right this proves not to be the case so do not take those figures as gospel but indeed have them checked yourself

PF

sigpic

Comment

Hi

Just signing in to give support to my mate Bill

I agree with Bill that the early spreadsheets posted up with a template (CAG I believe--saw that one years ago & knew it was wrong then)) are incorrect-in the theory adopted.

I will also have a look at all your posts today (could take a couple of days though as there's a lot of loans) and concur with Bill in our "enclave" at Simiantics

However, my recent experiences are that the Lenders usually get their figures right and do not "try it on" now. Indeed, Welcome's method pays out more than expected.

Turbo

Comment

Hi Pompeyfaith

I'm collating and summarising the info so can see the wood from the trees

Re post 40--having trouble tying up the agreements with the account number-- you have marked 83 twice for instance and some have no acct number.

Can you post just summarise with a line for each loan as below:

ACCOUNT NUMBER/CASH LOAN AMOUNT/DATE OF AGREEMENT

Also--those spreadsheets you posted up--are they the actual payments made-including missed payments & different amounts (if applicable) or the theorectical payments due?

Thanks

Turbo

Comment

Greetings Turboman,

Firstly Thank You for your help really is much appreciated.

Now the account numbers are not in order from the bank ether they are the payments made no payments were ever missed because it was a condition of the loan that I had a co-op current account with a DD in place and thus the payments were taken whether the funds had cleared or not.

Now this account numbers all started with the current account sort code and account number.

I will send you a PM with the info requested in time order.

Regards

PF

sigpic

Comment

Greetings Bill,

Have sent turboman the info he requested if you need them too just shout or you can get turboman to copy them to you.

Regards

PF

sigpic

Comment

Thanks PF

All info will be worked on in conjunction with Bill in our "enclave"

So--do I understand that each Loan was effectively settled before a new loan taken out--ie--the new Cash Advance was in 2 parts

1-settlement figure
                  2-new advance

Therefore-have you got the 8 Settlement Letters which detail

1-Balance o/s
                  2-Rebate on loan
                  3-PPI refund if applcable
                  4-Admin fee/extra interest charged for settling early

Turbo

Comment

Greetings Both,

yes they were mostly refinanced bar a couple which I settled via a remortgage, I have no settlement letters as they did not ever send me any and to be quiet honest that did not cross my mind at the time.

I did get a set of settlement figures though via a S.A.R I can send you those if you wish.

This settlement figure though is a total figure and there is no breakdown of what is PPI and Loan.

Regards

PF
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    On the current loan they credited £914.20 into my loan account as settlement of my current PPI before they unlawfully closed the account.
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27th September 2010, 19:41:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Yes Yes--send us the settlement figures--and any figures you have (lol)--as if they look dodgy--bill & I can check these by Amortizing the Loan

Turbo

Its getting to the sharp end now--Bill is in his Simiantics EnclaveI will be in there soon--but in the meantime -I leave you this enchanting melody to calm your nerves

Comment

Cheers ill get my son to play it too with one of his guitars he loves Queen.

PF

sigpic

Comment

We are at simiantics@gmail.com in our enclave that we both use by the way--for personal stuff

See here also--

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=6695

Comment

I started amoritizing for PF the other day....and came to a full stop when moving on from first loan to second cos I couldn't make sense of the refinance figures.......and then he got his offer so I gave up.....
                            Is no longer here

Comment

What am I saying here?

bill & I can check these by Amortizing the Loan

This was the long route where we calculated the projected balance when people didn'nt have statements---the law has now been changed so you must get a Loan Statement annually---but in practice you can now easily get one by ringing up.

There are 2 important areas

A----The opening part where you might expect

Credit-10,000
                              Debit--950 (pay off a debt)
                              Debit--2,500 ( (PPI Premium)
                              Debit--3,000 (settle previous loan)

SO--that means you got a Cash Advance of £3,550 and the Settlement Figure was £3,000 on the old loan

B----The last bit of the statement

This will detail how the settlement figure is calculated

see below from Nellie LTSB

ALSO--if you don't have the loan statements--the actual Bank Statement would have the credit of £3,550 which means that at least you know that

Look out for the words below in alll corres which Bill & I are especially interested in for our sums

1---Loan Rebate
                              2---PPI refund

Turbo
                              Last edited by Turboman; 27th September 2010, 22:49:PM. Reason: Included entry for PPi Premium

Comment

I have a complete set of statements for the current loan.

PF

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X