• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

Hi
    Yes they have my details as I sent information about 3 credit cards, a dead loan and my mortgage off to them several weeks ago before I found anything negative about them on any website at all. As I am past the cancellation period I think I will just have to sit it out and see what happens, the only good thing is I have cancelled all my credit cards prior to Cento contacting me and also the loan is paid up.
    I will let you know if I hear anything !
    Linda.

Comment

Hope they work out for you okay Be good to get some positive feedback, hopefully the changes they are making are to improve things.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
        Thanks for that Amethyst, fingers crossed I aint been robbed!
        Linda.

Comment

I don't think you have been, just keep an eye on things - and don't stop making payments to your mortgage x
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well interestingly there has been no suggestion at all that I stop making payments to anyone which I think is a good sign and I certainly won't be paying them i.e. Cento any more money until I get something in writing. Thanks again
            Linda.

Comment

I have had a response from Mr Howe to day, so at least I know he has received it and it will receive some attention.

'I am presently travelling in Ireland on business and will revert to you when I return to office at the end of the week
              Yours sincerely,
              Graham Howe'

Comment

nice one :kiss:
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Here is the reply I have received to day from Mr Howe. He has not fully answered all my question so another letter will probably be going back. If anyone has any further additional questions to put forwards please let me know. I also note he has skimmed arround the 'In house Solicitors dept' and has not exactly answered my question in this respect. Also, if Cento underwent an inspection from the MOJ, how comes that we have picked up so many points that were not correct.

Dear Mrs Tuttsi,
                  Thank you for taking the time to write to Forbes.

Firstly, I note you are not a client of Forbes as yet, and on enquiry I understand you are not registered to Cento Client Review either.

I can inform you that Forbes has relationships with a number of other claims management companies including Cento Client Review, as well as a number of law firms.
                  As a claim goes through the qualification process as to whether it is a claim that can be pursued or not, clients are notified and made fully aware of their relationships with who and at what time. Specifically relating to lawyers, it depends upon the claims type and value as to which lawyer we use and when, so that the relevant expertise can be applied at the appropriate time.

As to the representation that Forbes Douglas are solicitors, as you have already pointed out, this is wrong as such, but we do pursue claims directly through in house as well as through law firms who consult on our in house claims.
                  All of the parties we deal with are regulated, including Cento Client Review. In fact they recently underwent an inspection from the Ministry of Justice, and were passed fit for business. I have brought your allegations to the attention of Cento management, and they have undertaken to correct the situation.
                  We have in the past as you have pointed out, and will in the future continue to monitor the representations with Cento management to ensure in adherence to those regulations by which all must operate.

If you have a claim you would like process it through us, then of course we would happy to help you,

Regards
                  Graham
                  Last edited by TUTTSI; 30th July 2009, 17:33:PM.

Comment

Hi
                    Thought as I came on here to moan previously I would update you on the reply I received today from Cento (whom I had emailed to ask for a breakdown of the money they have stated Forbes Dougls could reclaim for me) - I have taken names out of the reply as I do not feel comfortable posting them.

"As discussed on our telephone conversation you could be entitled to upto 25% of the loan value, but we would need immediate action eg payment. If you could contact xxxxxxx as soon as possible"

This is hardly the clarity I requested so I have re-emailed asking for an account by account breakdown.

Would it be helpful if I let you know any progress or is this not appropriate for this site?

Linda.

Comment

As they claim to 'act' in house in "some cases" can you ask them who signs the claim form in the event the 'in house' matter comes to court??......... also as they 'sometimes act' in house who are their professional negligence insurer

Comment

Originally posted by Linda270609 View Post
                        Hi
                        Thought as I came on here to moan previously I would update you on the reply I received today from Cento (whom I had emailed to ask for a breakdown of the money they have stated Forbes Dougls could reclaim for me) - I have taken names out of the reply as I do not feel comfortable posting them.

"As discussed on our telephone conversation you could be could be! entitledto upto upto 25% 25%?of the loan value, but we would need immediate action eg payment payment? . If you could contact xxxxxxx as soon as possible"

This is hardly the clarity I requested so I have re-emailed asking for an account by account breakdown.

Would it be helpful if I let you know any progress or is this not appropriate for this site?We would always want to hear of any members progress whether it is good or bad as it could help others make their decisions.

Linda.

Hi Linda,
                        I certainly did not draw any comfort from that email, as t is if buts and maybe's and nothing concrete.

According to your earlier thread you had already paid a fee
                        'I guess my concern now is that I have given them the original fee and copies of all my paperwork etc so how much damage can they do?
                        And I thought they sounded legit! So what actual payment are they now asking for?

The response I received from Forbes was also flimsey as they have not actually responded fully to all my concerns. All I wanted was my questions anwered but like your response from Cento they have not given direct and clear answers.

I agree with your stance in asking for further clarification.

If at the end you are not happy with their response you can ask the MOJ to intervene on your behalf, as aparently Forbes told me that Cento have had a recent inspection from the MOJ and passed with flying colours as fit for business.

All the best
                        Tuttsi

'

Comment

What kind of claim would offer you 25% of the loan value ?

3 credit cards, a dead loan and a mortgage

Credit Cards - unenforceableposs, could have PPI (reclaimable if missold) - could have late payment fees (reclaimable)

Dead Loan - could be deeed unenforceable but then whoop its dead anyway - reclaiming premiums paid to a loan thats done and dusted would be incredibly hard and I can't imagine they would be set up to attempt it. - could have had PPI and late payment fees (both reclaimable possibly depending on how the loan was 'dead'ed lol)

Mortgage - current mortgage at a guess - possibly a few late payment fees in reality.
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 31st July 2009, 06:18:AM.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have not had a response from the MOJ so I sent them a further reminder of my complaints with a few more additions in light of Forbes response.

1. are they allowed to cold call consumers, as they did in my case and many
                            others. Bearing in mind I and others who they called were x directory?
                            2.are they allowed to advise consumers to stop paying their loans and pay the
                            solicitors instead?
                            3 are they allowed to refer to Forbes Douglas as their solicitors when indeed
                            they are another claims management company?
                            4. are they allowed to say that when asked, where did they obtained my
                            personal data from - they stated from the FSA, when questioned further they
                            said from a central data base for PPI. - This in my case is not true as I
                            never would have taken PPI. As being self employed I have always declined to take this option?
                            5. are they allowed under the data protection act to speak and discuss about my afairs to a third party without my approval?
                            6. are they allowed to quote figures out of the sky in order to sell their services as
                            they did in my case?
                            7. Do they need to be licenced by the OFT?
                            8. Can you please explain at an inspection of a licence holder how do you
                            access that they are fit for business?
                            9. Can you confirm and back up Centos claims that there are 18 flaws in the CCA
                            1974, relating to mortgages taken out between 1975 and 2005?
                            10.can you confirm that you did a recent inspection at Cento Client Review and
                            that they were fit for business?
                            11.can you confirm what date this inspection took place?
                            12.can you confirm how many complaints have already been filed against
                            Cento Client Review

So lets see what response I get.

Comment

Excellent list of questions.

Any response from our friends at LCUK yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzimum View Post
                                Excellent list of questions.

Any response from our friends at LCUK yet?
                                Not yet... but I am on the case.... watch this space

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X