• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

scatty v Halifax - Hardship Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scatty v Halifax - Hardship Claim

Hi all just had a quick read of some posts. I have received a CFS form to complete by Halifax. I just wanted some guidance as didnt want to make a mess of it. Basically living off credit ie overdraft/credit cards to supplement my small pension and DLA benefits. Was medically retired, divorced etc now reached point cant maNAGE financially anymore. well cant manage in many ways actually. Have mobility and both upper lower limb weakness pain issues. Life sucks right now . bEEN IN CONTACT WITH DEBT MANAGEMENT RE doing A MONTHLY payment to creditors total credit debt about 24k . Thought as most on bank overdraft and credit card would ask about reclaim again re bank charges that were at 3.6k in 2007/08 . Just started to incur again now.
    Sop the CFS fORM is MY next priority.
    Hey I have to make payment to gardener/window cleaner and help with some housework how will this be viewed? I CANT DO THESE THINGS MYSELF. Also my mobility element of DLA goes on mobility car so how do I PUT THAT DOWN?
    Sorry not sure if I SHOULD ASK THIS HERE ?

Thanks.

Re: another newbie

Hi scatty and welcome to Beagles.

Have Halifax sent you the CFS sheet as part of your charges reclaim under hardship grounds?

Take a look at the I/E Sheets and complete it as much as possible then post it up here or email it to admin@legalbeagles.info. Head it with your screen name, not your real name.

Also have a read of the HARDSHIP FORUM

as if you are in financial hardship you may still be able to reclaim your bank charges.

As for having to pay the gardener etc that is acceptable so don't worry about that. The mobility issue we can also deal with once you have completed the form, include EVERYTHING no matter how irrelevant you may think it is and above all be as accurate as you can.

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

If you are in contact with a debt management company make sure it is a free one not fee paying - look at cccs or payplan first.

With your CFS sheet there should be an area for notes - if not write an accompanying letter and highlight that you have outlined the position on the form. I presume in your original letter claiming hardship you spelt out your circumstances, healthwise and financially ?

As Tools says, if you would like some help with the form then feel free to send us as far as you can get, we can check it over for you and make sure everythings included.

and welcome to the site

Ame
      xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi scatty, just adding this info because it may be of use to you, Arranging health and social care : Directgov - Disabled people

It is money to help pay for things you can't manage to do yourself.
        Enaid x

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys I WILL try and do the CFS form provided to me by the Halifax in relation to my claim re bank charges under hardship rules today then get it on here for your advice etc.

Comment

well done the I&E thingy. See what you think. my income is from DLA/Incapacity benefit and pension.
            I have no dependants.
            The thing is I dont know where to put things like help re gardening housework/diy shopping etc. I also get online shopping as cant physically do it.
            My son has also been helping financially.
            i have also arranged to pay debt management £125.00 monthly towards debts.
            many thanks again. Hope this is of help so that you can offer me some help etc.

Comment

I assume the "other income" is your pension?

Can you list the amount you receive for each benefit and how much goes towards/ is deducted for the mobility car

you state there is one car, does mobility pay the insurance etc, are you responsible for any costs other than petrol for it.

you have also listed arrears of service charges and a second mortgage, could you please give more details.

Who are the overdraft and credit cards with?

Sorry so many questions but it helps to get all the info from the start.

One last one, what have you sent Halifax so far in relation to your hardship claim?
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

INCAPACITY BENEFIT IS £365
                DLA £188 FOR CARE ELEMENT THE MOBILITY ELEMENT i havent listed as it GOES STRAIGHT FOR CAR PLUS INSURANCE ON MOBILITY SCHEME[£185] i HAVE TO PAY FOR CAR WASH ETC And petrol thATS ABOUT IT.

OTHER INCOME YES IS PENSION PLUS MY SON GIVES ME MONEY.

SECOND MORTGAGE IS PART OF OVERALL SUM SO £650 - 230 FOR SECOND MORTGAGE.
                I HAVE USED OVERDRAFT/CC WITH HALIFAX to survive incl. remortgage etc.
                The I&E doesnt include the additional costs I have re help etc with window cleaning £15 every 6 weeks gardening £15 every 2-3 weeks, help with DIY / Housework cleaning I CANT DO ETC ETC or my glasses or haircuts as I CANT MANAGE HAIR long as have upper limb arm/hand issues therefore pls forgive upper lower case etc. Fingers numb.

Credit cards with halifax as mentioned the biggie. Others cahoot/egg/barclaycard Oh and I FORGOT m&s £2k

I sent off letter in 2007 re charges claim etc and now ask them to look at claim under hardship so they sent me the CFS to complete so havent sent them anything yet re hardship.

Comment

scatty, I am going to move this thread into the hardship forum and change the title to scatty v Halifax - Hardship Claim.

Have you included the money your son gives you within the second income, if so how much is just the pension amount?

Is this correct

Halifax o/d £8000
                  Halifax c/c £10000
                  Cahoot £1200
                  Egg £1900
                  Barclaycard £350

SECOND MORTGAGE IS PART OF OVERALL SUM SO £650 - 230 FOR SECOND MORTGAGE.
                  The mortgage for the property you are in is therefore £420/month and I assume the second mortgage is for your ex partner at £230/month of which you are in 1 months arrears?

Do you qualify/claim single persons council tax discount?

Once I have the full picture i will complete a CFS sheet for you.
                  Last edited by Tools; 16th August 2009, 19:59:PM.

Comment

Re: scatty v Halifax - Hardship Claim

my pension is £500 monthly, the second mortgage is a remortgage. yes get one person discount re council tax. also other creditor is m&s reserve @ £2k
                    thanks

Comment

Hi Tools

Any chance you can have a look for me? So mortgage is
                      420 plus second mortgage 230.

Many thanks

Comment

cfs sheet for creditors attached.

Can you check through, especially with regards breakdown of amount of pension and what your son gives you.

Everything should now be included on there.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

yes thats right except for the error re Cahoot which is £1200.00 not 12k my mistake! Also need to add M&S Loan 1.8k ish. So total creditors not as high but still I have no money even with help from son. Oh does it include the £125.00 monthly the debt management company are taking?
                          Do you think I will meet the hardship rules? I really appreciate all your help. YOU ARE ALL BRILLIANT ON HERE THANKS!
                          xxxxxxxxxx
                          oH AND i AM AWAITING SOCIAL SERVICES CARE/OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASSESSMENT RE HELP so I may qualify for some help. Also had valuation today and equity is more or less zilch due to current market etc had about 50k wiped off property. pity thats life i guess. Just noticed egg 1900.00 its actually 1100.00 sorry probably my fingers typos etc. I can amend accordingly.
                          So does the travel include cost of car etc then are the figures for housekeeping and travel acceptable as notice they are highligted ?
                          Last edited by scatty; 20th August 2009, 19:57:PM. Reason: noticed another one of my errors!

Comment

I think you should meet hardship rules, whether they agree is another matter they might need a push.

I'll make the amendments for after a couple questions :kiss:

- the money from your son, how regular, long term is that and is it £400 each month ?

- It doesn't include the money the debt management company are taking - if we are going to include that i need to know what the debt management company have offered each company. I think for the moment leave it off and show that theres really nothing left for them.

- I am concerned a bit about the debt management company - can you tell me which one you are using ? On your IE sheet there certainly isn't £125 a month spare for creditors even with your sons help, also concerned if they might be charging you as well.

- Your travel figure is highlighted because of the mobilty part of the DLA - that is okay and i have explained that in the note at the bottom for the bank/creditors. I have put the mobilty allowance money showing as coming in, and going out, so it is a fullpicture of your circumstances.

- When we have this polished off, we'll write a letter with you to send to the bank alongside it.

- do you know how much your charges on the account are ?

Also again (sorry) we can start reclaiming charges on the cards/loans as i expect if you have entered the dmp there will be some. Am going through all this together with Tools so don't think he's abandoned you and i've taken over or anything, he's just been up to his neck in it at work, and we're a team

and having the social services assessment is good news, don't play down anything or be afraid to ask for any help you need.

note for Amethyst: change creditors
                            Cahoot £1200
                            M & S £1800
                            Egg £1100
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

hey scatty

just a nudge on the questions in my last post then we can get this finalised and back off to halifax

Ame
                              xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X