• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Transfer to USA delayed five weeks - do I have a legal case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfer to USA delayed five weeks - do I have a legal case?

Originally posted by Daniella View Post
    Of course it's reasonable to assume that a person sending funds to his/her self abroad i.e. to convert to the currency of that country is assuming to spend the funds in that country? And presumably whilst on holiday?
    You live and work in the states, why would the reasonably assume you were on holiday.

You come on here asking for opinions, utterly refuse to accept what anyone says even suggesting they are being "ridiculous", I'm afraid I too have gone as far as I can.

Comment

Sorry. I am determined to find a way here.

Comment

If you were resident in the UK you may have had some success by issuing court proceedings for a modest amount, and then at mediation stage, (bearing in mind the cost for Transwise to instruct solicitors for court work), negotiate a settlement.
        How it works in the States I cannot comment.

Comment

Sorry about my brother, he is really upset about all this.

So...

I am wondering, if he takes them to Court in the UK and loses, can he then take them to Court in the USA too? Can he take them to Court in both countries at the same time?

Comment

This is now getting silly

To be honest i am unsure but the USA system of law is based on English Common law and our own Stare decisis

I am pretty sure travelwise will inform either jurisdiction that both Res judicata and Estoppel will apply

You are clutching at straws now for an angle when there is not one

Comment

And in any event the customer agreement means whether he sues in UK or USA or even both, the dispute is governed by English law:
              The provision of the Service and any dispute or claim arising out of the provision of the Service is governed by English law.
              Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Service will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.

Comment

What did I miss, what has the brother got to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                  What did I miss, what has the brother got to do with anything?
                  See post 1

Comment

So...interesting PM...there are some special cases/exceptions when it comes to money transfers...hmmh...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniella View Post
                      Hmmh, but were I to have dropped them an email stating the transfer was for my holiday funds, it would not have made a blind bit of difference. I think that if I prove what was affected after this cock-up, they can and must be held responsible.

I mean, the shows I could not attend, etc - these are tickets that went unused because of all this.
                      Originally posted by des8 View Post
                      See post 1
                      I completely missed that and had been under the impression throughout that OP was talking about herself, posts like the one above bolstered that. D'oh!

Comment

Can you share this info?

Comment

Afraid not sorry.

Comment

Well that's a pity.
                            It's by sharing knowledge and experiences that we are able to help each other.

Comment

I'm really sort I was sworn to secrecy

- - - Updated - - -

It's basically to do with treating money as a unit of exchange

Comment

Money is a unit of exchange......nothing new there
                                Also is a unit of account, a store of value, a standard of measure, and many other things
                                This sounds as if it's FMOTL advice.
                                Regardless of the medium he would be suing for breach or tort and remoteness (or proximate cause) would still be in the equation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X