• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial/Train2Game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cabot Financial/Train2Game.

I have an E-mail saying that TIGA will not allow T2G students to have an Tiga qualification, but T2G says that they will still be given to students who have been on the course before feb 2015?

That means T2G cannot offer this qualification out what so ever doesn't it?

Comment

@Turbo @love
      gather the evidences and letters, of Train2Game saying they are still issuing TIGA qualification before Feb 2015.
      obviously this is a darn lie!
      gather evidence of T2G saying TIGA was not involved, this is a lie.
      If it is after 2015 you signed up with the course, it's true because that was when TIGA broke up with T2G.

they obviously breached their contract, because TIGA was plastered all over T2G courses and qualification.
      So these evidences can be used against them.

At the court, we are not the ones attending, it would be our solicitors who would speak on our behalf.

any objections?
      Last edited by xino; 9th May 2016, 20:25:PM. Reason: any objections?

Comment

Originally posted by love
        what do you mean?

gather the evidences and letters, of Train2Game saying they are still issuing TIGA qualification before Feb 2015.
        obviously this is a darn lie!
        gather evidence of T2G saying TIGA was not involved, this is a lie.
        If it is after 2015 you signed up with the course, it's true because that was when TIGA broke up with T2G.

i singed in 2010. but they say tiga never were involved
        :/
        Don't listen to what T2G says.
        TIGA broke relationship with T2G 2015, therefore if you signed up with T2G 2010, TIGA were supporting them!
        Check ALL the materials sent by T2G, it should have TIGA there!

Because I signed up Nov 2010, therefore materials i have says TIGA everywhere:/

like I told you. T2G will tell you TIGA is no longer involved.
        yes no longer which was post 2015!
        But tiga was supporting them since 2009-2015.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/t...course/0104622
        Last edited by xino; 9th May 2016, 22:28:PM. Reason: included link to evidence of TIGA

Comment

from T2G FAQS
          Yes, the Train2Game courses are completely legitimate. They have been designed by industry professionals from DR Studios. The courses have been designed to meet the current needs of the games industry, and are updated regularly to keep pace with changes.

LOL....you got to be kidding me!
          the courses were designed by pros from DR Studios?
          and when you check out DR Studios published games:
          *My Sea Park
          *ischool-dreams-my-valentines
          *ischool-dreams-first-semester
          *Risk
          *Risk II
          *monopoly-tycoon
          *seaworld-adventure-parks-tycoon
          *Beach Life
          *Vegas Tycoon
          *Hospital Tycoon

This is what pisses me off!
          by professional industry? who shipped 14 titles, under mobile and PC games:/ And with just 2 genres: casual and simulation.

Yet these guys were the ones who wrote the Game Design courses talking about building games on consoles, building different genre games.
          No wonder why I found the english bizarre, because when reading the study book felt like a fanboy at a forum wrote the book!

Comment

Originally posted by love
            ye my letter says that tiga never did any of the examining.
            t2g did all the examining. my letter says that although tiga had name on there, they did nothing. t2g did all the examining, tiga was just a name. nothing more.

what would you call this mis representation? missold? whether 2010 or not when i signed. i now feel this isnt right. either way i have stopped study, i have not finished the course. all of this has terribly gotten in the way and i am now here writing this rather than working in the game industry so i am hoping they see this.

check my letter the 24 march. that was there last letter to me and it gave me more information than anything they had ever communicated, not much information. but prior they side stepped like hell now.

so what i am saying is that if tiga didn't do anything then how can it be a tiga qualification - its a t2g qualification.

also the change post 2015 where tiga and t2g split meant a change in what my contract was. which was not notified to me so in few months i was to finish a tiga dip and then an entire cand g. they should have just scraped the tiga years ago.

it is not our problem if TIGA did nothing. They used TIGA as a forefront and selling tool!
            If T2G terminated the contract with TIGA, therefore they are going against their advertising claims!

also it is a lie for T2G to terminate. TIGA were the ones who terminated!
            Because TIGA made official announcement, yet T2G never made any official announcement. Students only found out at the forums, and the admin just issued a lie saying it was T2G who terminated TIGA, admin said an official statement is coming.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................still today! No official statement had been made. Not from T2GWinners, not from T2G blog, not from their website, twitter or facebook!
            So who is lying?
            if they were the ones who terminated, they should have given reason and official statement.

Exactly, if T2G staffs were marking the exams, why advertise it was TIGA who does so???
            also TIGA did not have to mark courses, it was advertised that they mark exams and provide the certificate.

I can't stand any words from T2G.
            they are just loose sam artists!

Comment

This just reminded, me when I received a letter from T2G in regards to Tiga. It mentions pretty much that T2G created all there Tiga Certificates themselves, in which isn't that a copy right breech and that means it isn't a real Tiga diploma if T2G are then creating them all themselves and putting the whole course together?

Also the fact that, T2G are now saying that the Tiga diploma isn't actually that recognised in the industry doesn't this then mean they are mis-sold to us by saying it was a 'Massively' recognised in the industry?

which brings me to my last point, none of our contracts have been updated, so does this mean our old contracts don't mean anything because of the new updates to the course etc and the changes made as none of this is in our contracts at all. and no one was informed of this changed apart from, from the forums etc.

Comment

How can they kick you off the forum, which they clearly own as it's trademarked with there name and says you should use the forum to help complete work and talk to other students, so that means you don't have access to a part of the course in which they offer...

I thought you had to do each assignment to get to the portfolio to pass it, as you have to do the assignments to do the tests at the end. and it Train2Game is as big as they say they are why are they not 'Massively' advertised why don't they have there own advert on tv or why are training places not advertising there courses or even recommending them to people.

A Masters come after a Ba(Hons) Which you submit part of a distatation and the subject you want to research for this, and you go away do your own independent learning and submit a 10,000 word plus essay on that topic. You can do PhD without the need of a Masters, it doesn't matter on which one you do first.

The people running T2G are probably not even qualified to teach or even mark a Masters... Probably surprise me if they Had a PhD

The ridiculous, I mean They told me you can have an extension on the work if you pay more money to them, to allow you to have extra time working on the projects, as it is only a 3 year course from what I was told. then it's £200 extra on top for an extension on the course.

They should offer you an extension I'm pretty sure it will say somewhere that you are allowed one. and for certain circumstances they are allowed to grant you extensions. (it would be written in some form of education programme which is the same across the board)

Comment

despite them giving students goodwill gesture of course extensions. They can also charge you MORE money for extension.
                  A friend of mine said, a student at the forum said he was charged.
                  Also it says in their contract that they are obliged to charge extra for the course exentsion.

The reason why they would charge some people is to make more money. Especially when you pay £5k upfront, therefore they know you are a money making machine!
                  but if you are still paying the course money, they see you as a slot machine but will not charge you for extension.

the funny thing is, in the student world MIS says Malborough.
                  While my contract says Metropolician:/

the guys Clive who is the forum admin said T2G would issue an official statement regarding TIGA.
                  Still to this day, not official statement had been given!
                  T2G did not even issue any announcement regarding TIGA, they secretly introduced C&G without the student knowing.

Comment

Yes, I enquired about a student that was at T2G and they said basically that 'Student Name' IS not under Train2Game Marlborough, and have never had any record of this student at all.

Which really confused me so I found out there contract was under Metropolitan as they changed from Metropolitan to Marlborough, as if you check the Metro company history and who was under this company it was all the compaines that had massive complaints about scams etc and are still running and people are complaining or have now closed and the funnier thing about it is they were pretty much all ran by Jan Telensky.

So this is the next bit that confuses me if they have changed company over to Marlborough they haven't informed any student about this change and they cannot find this students name under there contract. are ALL student contracts not supposed to be changed over to Marlborough considering there is no Train2Game Metropolitan anymore? even if these students are not under the course or have been signed off from the course... You would still think they would have some record of past students

Comment

I completely agree with you. But with all the bad press they are getting and probably all the complaints they receive they are not going to give up that easily.

There are two separate companies, one is Marlborough Information services and the other is metropolitan international school. Depending on when you signed you contract etc depends on who your contract is under. As trian2Game used to run under Metropolitan, but don't anymore if you look up the history of metropolitan it has all the other companies under it or used to because they closed like Skillstrain train4trade skills ect. but Train2Game are now under marlborough, and apparently they are not under Metropolitan anymore. Which i thought the contracts would have had to been updated from the change of address on the contract as they are not under that 'Company' as such

Comment

I don't know if it causes any issues at all, but when I tried to enquire about a past student they said "Student name, we don't seem to have 'name' on record under train2Game Marlborough, so this makes me think, as if you have changed over to marlborough (Which mine is under) Would you take all contracts of every student with you... Unless there operating under two separate companies but wont tell you off this. But I am sure they have to inform you of a company change etc.

ummm.... I would know what to suggest with the FOS as they do only deal with financial situations but considering this is also regarding money, i suppose it does count to an extent but i wouldn't know where they stand with a company. Try looking into Citizens Advice they should be able to let you know if you have a chance of getting the course cancelled and how you would go about that.

Comment

ok i got in touch with the guy handling my case

*he said this is the first time he came across MIS/T2G complaint, but others in the department must have came across it as well but he is not sure
                          *if two or more people complain about same complain, it aids the case
                          *if the company receives a lot of complaint, the company goes into Red Flag
                          *FoS resolves problem with company and consumer, they investigate the case and see whether the consumer had been cheated on, and issue the company to pay back money
                          *FCA would investigate the case when the complaint has been passed on
                          *if company does break the regulatory rules/section laws, they can get in trouble and be on red flag
                          *issuing for refund depends on each individual complaint/case
                          *he said i don't need to get in touch with T2G anymore, they will handle everything
                          (thank God for FoS)

i will get back again next week, because my complaint overseer would look into my in-depth email i sent.
                          T2G knows they broke the law, and when FoS starts to get involve, they will have but no choice to refund our money.
                          I still need to get around into setting up a petition on Change.org

because i am sure many students had their accounts closed down and want their refund, but do not have the faith, confident or boldness to go against T2G.
                          Because FoS guy said, if the company receive so many complaints, the company goes on Red Flag and regulator company would step in and do something about the company.

Comment

This could be good for all of us who are trying to get out of a contract with T2G.

Once the complaint is in about T2G and a Red Flag has gone up does this mean we are all entitled to a refund and a cancellation of the course?!

Comment

[MENTION=81075]Turbo1[/MENTION]
                              i hope you have written your complaint to FoS.
                              [MENTION=82016]love[/MENTION]
                              well FoS said, he just came across it, he doesn't know if others from other department knows about T2G.
                              Also when someone complaints to FoS, and FoS tries to resolve the issue. T2G would give the money back but in discreet level, so that others wouldn't know this is possible.
                              yes if FoS cannot do anything about it, they allow the company to do their thing. Like I said, FoS will move the case to FCA team if the company has receieved so many complaints.
                              Has T2G received so many complaints???

in the end if the complaint is not resolved, it's best to take T2G to court.

Comment

People should also make a complaint to the FCA about the miselling of the loan. FCA won't deal with the complaint ( you need FOS for that) but the more reports they get the more likely they are to investigate.
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X