• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on pra debt company please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your reply, sorry I should have made it clearer, I PRA say they don’t need to come up with an agreement with a signature but just as long as name and address is on original agreement, does this mean they can make one up?

Comment

Oh, yes, well, no, it has to be the correct agreement but for compliance with s77/78 CCA 1974 it doesn't have to be a copy of the actual original.

The actual original would be required for evidential purposes, if, for example, you were disputing that you had actually ever entered into an agreement or if the recon agreement that is provided is incorrect.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Pra have sent me a copy of a credit card statement from July 2018, am I right in thinking this isn’t the credit agreement I’ve requested? What they have sent me is a copy of a statement that I would have had through the post each month from mbna

Comment

Credit card statement wouldn't comply with the Consumer Credit Act request for a copy of the original agreement, no.

You're looking for something like this;
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-15 12_08_27-Start.png
Views:	2
Size:	520.7 KB
ID:	1443826

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thankyou for your reply, the letter I received before they sent the statement says they have deemed the debt unenforceable until they have further documents. Is there anything I should do now or just wait

Comment

It depends on your circumstances, if you want to ( and are in a position to ) make a full and final settlement offer now is a good time to get a decent discount on the debt ( possibly a 70% discount would be possible if you can do it ). Otherwise you're basically waiting for them to obtain the documents so that they can restart chasing you for the debt... of course there's no guarantee they WILL find the agreement however it was taken out after 2007 and most likely applied for online? so it is likely to appear at some point ( and very likely within the next 4 years to take it to statute barred ).
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I’m not in a position to pay it just yet but am hoping to be able to pay in full within the next 6 to 8 months as my circumstances are about to change, hopefully I can man an offer then, obviously I’d like to pay this off. This credit card was originally a virgin money credit card that changed to mbna, I cannot remember when and how I took it out but believe it changed from virgin to mbna around 2007 so think I took the card out a few years before.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X