• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Strange letter from Santander.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account closures 'unjust' - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18540832

Comment

Closing accounts | Banking Ombudsman Scheme

https://bankomb.org.nz/guides-and-cases/quick.../bank-accounts/closing-accounts/ might give various ideas why???? seems they can di what they like (Not business like) thugs!

Comment

DO you think they’re aiming at closing he account then?

Comment

well hard to say but see what they have to say!

Comment

Hello, I’ve received the same letter and have been conversation with them for some months to challenge and also complained to the ombudsman. FOS took a very long time and eventually told me it’s outside their scope. Santander have also frozen access to my accounts. I’m stuck so have had to complete the form? It also prys into all your incomes and other bank accounts. This cannot be legal but in the face of huge legal expenses to challenge, funds I do not have and my accounts are not large at all. I have also been a customer for 20 odd years with mortgage, credit cards and 123 current ac with Santander.

Comment

Hello everything, just want to find out whether there is any updates on the issue. I have received a letter from Santander today

Comment

The same letter with the form asking for your inside leg measurements? I'm going to tag in Debt Camel as she generally knows a bit more about these kind of letters. If it's outside the FOS's scope I wonder if it might be in the ICO's scope - as to me it doesn't seem to be necessary information but gathering info for potential marketing purposes without disclosing such.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am on call with ICO at the moment, the lady i spoke with haven't heard this before and feel this is a lot of information to ask for

Comment

It is indeed. In the privacy policy attached to the form it details quite a lot of entities they want to share the information with.

They still don't say what legal and regulatory rules/laws they are trying to comply with by threatening to remove access from your account if you don't tell them the ins and outs of past investments and inheritances etc. Be interesting to hear what the ICO have to say once they've seen the letter.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      The same letter with the form asking for your inside leg measurements? I'm going to tag in Debt Camel as she generally knows a bit more about these kind of letters. If it's outside the FOS's scope I wonder if it might be in the ICO's scope - as to me it doesn't seem to be necessary information but gathering info for potential marketing purposes without disclosing such.
                      Yes, that's right. the letter with the same form. the only difference, they didn't say they will close the account after 30 days not receiving the reply

Comment

The ICO ask me to write to Santander to get more information, eg which rules and regulations.

Comment

Sounds like a sensible first step.

If their letter doesn't threaten to restrict access to your account if you don't reply - does it give any other consequence of your not completing the form / providing the information requested ? ( just wonder if they have already had a slap on the wrist for it)
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think they might get compliant about it. But when i call Santander they did say they will restrict the accounts if no reply

Comment

Hi. I have also received this letter from Santander yesterday. I have my business account with them so am not in a position to wait it out and have the account restricted.

But am also very reluctant to give all the info they want as it is extremely intrusive.

Many updates would be most welcome.
                              Thanks

Comment

Does the letter threaten account restriction? Presumably you have personal accounts with them as well as your business account ( else all that info on the forms would be absolutely irrelevant) Worth giving them a call and asking their reasoning - and what the law and regulation is that requires them to know quite so much.

Could just be they fancy a clear out of older customers... bizarre way to do it though.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X