• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Strange letter from Santander.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange letter from Santander.

Today I received a letter from Santander asking me to fill out the enclosed form.

I have been with Santander for 20 years and they’re stating they need some important information and it’s to meet UK legal and regulatory obligations if they don’t receive it they may restrict my account within 30 days?

They want I’d, figured of how much I earn/earned before retirement proof any incoming from land etc, is this just routine or should I be worried? I have epilepsy and suffer from depression I’m a natural whittled and don’t want to make the situation worse and have them stop my account from sending something back wrong
    Tags: None

Could you possibly do a picture of the letter ( cover personal details ) and post it up on here. It sounds like it may be some sort of money laundering check - have you had large amounts going through your account recently ? Are you with Santander just regards your bank account or do you have insurances / loans / mortgage etc with them as well ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Bank account and mortgage. Not large amounts no.

I did call them and he said its standard and they have to donit to everyone because of new laws new laws not sure I believed him though.

Attached Files

Comment

Today I received the letter below.

Does anyone know what this is for? I have a Santander account and mortgage.

I have called and theyve said its a standard letter but im
        just a worrier and as it says as it says they may block my account after 30 days I’m slightly worried

Comment

So what is the form that has been sent to you?

Could be a number of reasons, possibly to do with money laundering, anti-bribery or fraud, data protection obligations or a combination of them all. Without seeing the form it is difficult to know why they need more information from you.

Can you upload it but make sure any personal information is redacted?
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

What number did you call on ?

If the one on the letter I'd just double check by calling your usual bank number or this one and check the number is theirs on 0800 9 123 123. Best to be safe.

Just a bit odd the letter says 'laws and regulations' without specifying anything

No notifications on your online banking at all ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Merged Duplicate threads http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...from-santander
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I’ve already filled it out so I’ll describe it instead.

It is headed “ confirmation of customer details”

Asks for address etc, then employment details, if ice received in the last 12 months any source of income from an employer or retirement gifts.

asks for supporting documents, mine are passport and driving license.

then asks about retirement income, what my
                occuparion was when I left, what the income was and how much retirement income I receive. Asks about any inheritance any income for the sale of a home or any gifts in excess of 10k basically any savings and any other income. Then there’s a data protection letter and updates to how the use information.

Comment

Hmmm. Have you had any large transactions in and out of your account recently ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay best to ring customer services directly rather than the number on the letter to be certain. Can you do a pic of the 'how we use your information' page or cover the info you've filled in on the rest of it. I'd understand it if you've started having large trasnactions ( over £10k ) going in and out of the account but if not, why on earth after 20 years of banking history with them would you need to provide passport/driving licence and investment information.
                    You can contact our retail team on 0800 9 123 123 to query anything regarding your account.
                    sorry that's come out big I pasted it from Santander.

I don't have much confidence in Santander twitter bloke - surely he'd have a list of Santander genuine numbers - not ring up the number.... but maybe I'm paranoid and cynical.

Santander UK Help
                    Verified account
                    @santanderukhelp
                    36s36 seconds ago

Replying to
                    @LegalBeagles
                    I have contacted the number and this is genuine. ^WB

I reckon R0b is right and it's some kind of Money Laundering check.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

I have done so, he struggled to find anything then came
                      baxk with it’s a letter that’s being sent to everyone. However I felt like he wasn’t sure and was fobbing me off. I know plenty of people who bank with Santander and they received it.

teyinf to upload the letter but I’ve cut them down as small as possible and it’s still saying file too large

Comment

Haven’t received it sorry typo

Comment

email me it - bigger limits and I can reduce it down and check its redacted okay - admin@legalbeagles.info

Money Laundering stuff is weird - they aren't allowed to tell you ( tipping off rules ) …. that's why I wondered if you'd had anything that might have flagged some kind of investigation like transactions over £10k recently.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok strange how they’d do that when transactions haven’t changed on my account

Comment

Thank you for your help I’ve emailed it over

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X