• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Lloyds TSB/BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell/Lloyds TSB/BW Legal

Not impressed by them being allowed more time - the time they already had was more than adequate and the court should be following post Mitchell CPR and striking out here and now

Comment

I agree ncf, I am in the same predicament - BW have had since February to produce my docs and then the DJ allows them a further 42, yes, 42 days to produce. This really needs looking in to :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

any news bigsis?

Comment

Hi Pinkcat

Just returned from a week away, heard nothing so far, my son will ring court tomorrow for update and I will let you know, fingers crossed!

Comment

Update:

Great news, Lowell have not sent in documents as requested by 27/6/14, so therefore it will be struck out. Court will send out letter to confirm.

Could someone let me know if there is anything we need to do at this stage?

Can we claim back the £80 for hearing and other expenses? Also can a 'struck out' case be restarted by Lowell if they should produce documents in the future and is there a time constraint on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis View Post
              Update:

Great news, Lowell have not sent in documents as requested by 27/6/14, so therefore it will be struck out. Court will send out letter to confirm.

Could someone let me know if there is anything we need to do at this stage?

Can we claim back the £80 for hearing and other expenses? Also can a 'struck out' case be restarted by Lowell if they should produce documents in the future and is there a time constraint on that?

Regarding bringing a new claim have a read of this article
              http://www.hardwicke.co.uk/insights/...from-sanctions

You shouldn't need to do anything

Once it is struck out you can write to the Claimants and ask for the wasted costs.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst, that's reassuring.

I'll let you know when we get confirmation of strike out and your advise on how to word letter to Claimants for expenses.

Many thanks for your continued help x

Comment

:okay:

M1

Comment

Thats great Bigsis, really pleased for you and your son xx

Comment

Thanks Pinkcat, it's a relief it's over. How are things with you, are the 42days up yet? Hopefully you'll get the same outcome. Good luck xx

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

We had confirmation from the court yesterday that the claim was struck out.

Judge made no directions at hearing about costs, how do we word letter to Lowell about recovering costs? How much should we claim, obviously £80 for cost of hearing, is there anything else we can claim? Also mindful that we don't want to
                        do anything that might open up the whole thing again.

Would appreciate your advise x

Comment

bump

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X