• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! Being chased for old credit card debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! Being chased for old credit card debt

There's also a front page which is clearer but it has no signatures. Do you think the above is enforceable? Should I send the a cca request?

many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike321 View Post
      I have scanned it using full contrast. Can you read it?
      Now you ask, no.

Comment

Should I send the a cca request?
        Does the Pope wear a daft hat?

Is a hog's penis pork?

Comment

I asked as this document was sent in 2008 and I wondered if they had a copy. However, I haven't made contact with Lowell so by sending them a template letter requesting a CCA is kind of acknowledging them and maybe acknowledging the alleged debt. Also, they may just ignore the request and take the payment towards the (alleged) debt.

Comment

I do understand your predicament - there is the risk that Bowells could cobble together a reconstituted "twue copy" that was legible, unlike the version from HBOS which was not legible and hence did not comply with your request.

It might be as well to do nowt for now and hope the turds forget about it for a year. :santa_wink:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              I do understand your predicament - there is the risk that Bowells could cobble together a reconstituted "twue copy" that was legible, unlike the version from HBOS which was not legible and hence did not comply with your request.

It might be as well to do nowt for now and hope the turds forget about it for a year. :santa_wink:
              I'll try to ignore them for now, but it's the thought of the next letter being a CCJ or a statutory demand. The document is 8 years old, but it's an 8 month wait for it to be SB.

Is it likely that they may sell this on to another DCA? Just wondered if they ever do that or see it through. Thanks.

Comment

I asked as this document was sent in 2008 and I wondered if they had a copy. However, I haven't made contact with Lowell so by sending them a template letter requesting a CCA is kind of acknowledging them and maybe acknowledging the alleged debt.
                No, it's not acknowledging the alleged debt, it's merely a fact-finding exercise.

Also, they may just ignore the request and take the payment towards the (alleged) debt.
                They *may* do so, but you'll have proof that you sent a CCA request that wasn't complied with (provided they don't comply). Hopefully you sent the letter that includes a para regarding the fact that the funds are not to be used for any other purpose. Even if not, everyone knows a CCA request carries a £1 fee so a £1 payment made AFTER your CCA request was sent could be easily explained. :thumb:

I'll try to ignore them for now, but it's the thought of the next letter being a CCJ or a statutory demand. The document is 8 years old, but it's an 8 month wait for it to be SB.

Is it likely that they may sell this on to another DCA? Just wondered if they ever do that or see it through. Thanks.
                If it's a SD, I'm sure Cel will love to deal with it it, she's set aside several dozen Lowell SDs. :clap2: :whoo:

You don't just get a CCJ through the post, you'd get a claim which you would have the opportunity to defend. On both cases (SD or court claim), sending a CCA request would help you a great deal. :grin:

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate your help! I'll find the appropriate template and send it off recorded delivery with the po and see what comes back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X