• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamptons legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamptons legal

Hampton Leagal are just another desk in the Leeds Threat Centre. Basically the churn out the same $hit as Lowells, Red Debt on different notepaper. They are not solicitors and have no more legal standing than the other threat monkeys

Comment

I know it's probably puerile, but it never ceases to amaze me that Lowells know so little of rhyming slang (link) msl:

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
        Hi Labman
        It was a barclays account sold to lowells in 2011
        I also should point out CCA done and application form sent instead stating it was a CCA thats why im thinking of the CPUTR2008 should I omit the bit about not aknowledging the debt

You received a copy of your OWN application form? Can you remove identifying data, scan and upload a copy please?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine
          Its a really faint photocopy that they insist is my signed cca tried to scan it but its really bad.
          Do you all think i should do as usual then write a letter stating some of the OFT guidelines and carry on paying what i can and ignore their threats

Comment

Or send them this? :rofl:

cc: Global Arrow, Debt Recovery Plus, Mercers, Triton (et al - they'd not really be sent a copy)

Your reference: whatever

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for the numerous letters you have sent me; not only did they make interesting and amusing reading material, I found that they were admirably suited for a secondary purpose. Cut or torn in half, the letters were more than adequately large. The paper was thick enough to resist tearing yet sufficiently flexible not to cause chafing; better still, the ink did not come off in use.

However, I recently suffered a severe attack of diarrhoea which resulted in my supply of your letters becoming rather depleted.

Please send me some more letters, as soon as possible.

Yours Faithfully,

Clever Clogs

Comment

If its that faint it possibly isn't enforceable. Scan a copy up anyway?

Hi Celestine
              Its a really faint photocopy that they insist is my signed cca tried to scan it but its really bad.
              Do you all think i should do as usual then write a letter stating some of the OFT guidelines and carry on paying what i can and ignore their threats
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Within the last month the letters have got more frequent all of which I thought were standard Lowell tactics then this morning the Hampton legal drops through the letter box
                Was this a standard 'pay up or else' legal letter in the regular post or a hand delivered letter with the words Statutory Demand under section 268 (1) (a) near the top?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  I know it's probably puerile, but it never ceases to amaze me that Lowells know so little of rhyming slang (link) msl:
                  Even if they changed their name to Tankers they probably still would not see what Cupid Stunts they are

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                    If its that faint it possibly isn't enforceable. Scan a copy up anyway?
                    Cel, if they're insisting that's his CCA, then it must be legible according to the CCA. If they can't provide something legible, is it not UE anyway (assuming taken out prior to April 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      If you've been paying them, why is it so important to you not to acknowledge the debt? Isn't paying them doing just that?

If you are acknowledging a debt, then you might just as well go the normal CCA / SAR route. We could really do with a little more information.
                      Hi Labman
                      It was a barclays account sold to lowells in 2011 paid them as per my debt management plan until last summer when I reduced my payment to £1 carried on paying.
                      Got loads of letters from Lowells asking me to set up a payment plan but I wrote every month along with my payment setting out my circumstances stating it was all I could afford
                      Within the last month the letters have got more frequent all of which I thought were standard Lowell tactics then this morning the Hampton legal drops through the letter box
                      The point Im trying to make is how do you make Lowells listen and not run rugshot over anything I try to do.
                      I also should point out CCA done and application form sent instead stating it was a CCA thats why im thinking of the CPUTR2008 should I omit the bit about not aknowledging the debt
                      If you are paying you are acknowledging the debt, even with £1/month so that's irrelevant at this stage.

Also bear in mind there's no legal obligation to respond to a a CPUTR letter and most creditors don't respond. One way around it is to head it FORMAL COMPLAINT, because they have to respond to a complaint! :thumb:

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      Cel, if they're insisting that's his CCA, then it must be legible according to the CCA. If they can't provide something legible, is it not UE anyway (assuming taken out prior to April 2007)
                      It would be, as long as they don't provide something more legible. Would be good if we could take a look at their response as suggested above. As noted on another thread, it's important to get a good paper trail going, especially as we are dealing with Lowells, who are fond of churning out Statutory Demands. If their response to the CCA request was an illegible document, it should be pointed out to them, otherwise they'll argue they've complied.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        Was this a standard 'pay up or else' legal letter in the regular post or a hand delivered letter with the words Statutory Demand under section 268 (1) (a) near the top?
                        Or possibly a Letter Before Action (LBA) stating they are about to start court proceedings? It would be good if winner12 could post up the letter after removing all personal details. :thumb:
                        Last edited by FlamingParrot; 13th May 2013, 11:08:AM.

Comment

Just catching up with this thread
                          I have sent a letter to Lowells this morning (Plan B its just a standard post delivered we will be passing you onto Hamptons, but if you call to agree a payment plan we will not take any action)
                          BLAH BLAH BLAH
                          Im no shrinking violet were Lowells are concerned just confused with the payment demand so quoted the appropriate OFT guidelines will see what happens next

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                            Would be good if we could take a look at their response as suggested above. As noted on another thread, it's important to get a good paper trail going, especially as we are dealing with Lowells, who are fond of churning out Statutory Demands. If their response to the CCA request was an illegible document, it should be pointed out to them, otherwise they'll argue they've complied.
                            Those jerks will do that anyway.

Comment

UPDATE
                              Hi all well what a turn up I wrote a very stern letter to Lowells(headed Complaint) about passing me to Hamptons when I have been paying all along
                              I made it clear how much I would be paying and when (like it or lump it ) and to my surprise they have just written back agreeing to my proposals (all as before) and stating no further action will be taken (not that they could but was a little bothered they would send a SD anyway) so I have put the letter somewhere safe for when they play silly beggers again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X