• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamptons legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamptons legal

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me if Hamptons Legal are part of Lowells
    It just I have had loads of letters from Lowells asking me why Im
    not paying them when I am
    Tags: None

Re: Hamptons legal

Hiya hun how are you? I dunno about Hamptons,,someone will xx

Comment

Hi Inca
      Loads has happened feel like a Hobbit going on an Adventure
      How are you xx

Comment

Am good hun thanks,,bearing up lol......wondered where you had gone xx

Comment

So glad your ok
          yes its a bit like A WINNERS TALE THERE AND BACK AGAIN
          so Im back to the barage of letters from Lowells once again so I would like to sort them once again

Comment

Yes, they're their in house legal bods. Surprisingly, they even tell you themselves:

http://www.lowell.co.uk/who-is-hamptons-legal.aspx

Comment

Thanks Labman
              The annoying thing is I have been paying them any ideas if I can ask under the quise of cputr 2008 if they have all the relevant documentation

Comment

Hi
                Just putting together a letter working in my own words with a template I found for CPUTR 2008
                can I still state im not acknowledging the debt with them or anyone else got ideas on what it should say This is a formal request under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008.
                I require your organisation to provide written confirmation that states clearly whether you currently hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement, or whether you do not hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself.
                For the avoidance of doubt, an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement is just that; not an application for credit and not a reconstructed or microfiched document from other sources but indeed the original signed document purporting to be signed by myself.
                Please note that until such times as a legally enforceable, original Consumer Credit Agreement can be produced and a copy sent to me by return, then this letter is not an acknowledgement of debt and this account will remain in an unenforceable state protected in line with s.127 (CCA1974).
                Please also note that failure to provide a direct answer to this request will be brought before the court, should you decide to defy the content of this letter and instruct solicitors to pursue enforcement action regardless.
                Yours faithfully

Comment

Just Bumping

Comment

A very slightly different one which I've got on my computer - sorry, but I'm out till mid-afternoon now. Will be happy to help you as much as I can when I get back!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref: xxxxxxx

This is a formal request under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008.

I require your organisation to provide written confirmation that states clearly whether you currently hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement, or whether you do not hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself.

For the avoidance of doubt, an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement is just that; not an application for credit and not a reconstructed or microfiched document from other sources.

Please note that until such times as a legally enforceable, original Consumer Credit Agreement can be produced and a copy sent to me by return, then this letter is not an acknowledgement of debt.

Please also note that failure to provide a direct answer to this request will be brought before the court, should you decide to defy the content of this letter and instruct solicitors to pursue enforcement action regardless.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
                      Thanks Labman
                      The annoying thing is I have been paying them any ideas if I can ask under the quise of cputr 2008 if they have all the relevant documentation
                      If you've been paying them, why is it so important to you not to acknowledge the debt? Isn't paying them doing just that?

If you are acknowledging a debt, then you might just as well go the normal CCA / SAR route. We could really do with a little more information.

Comment

Hi Labman
                        It was a barclays account sold to lowells in 2011 paid them as per my debt management plan until last summer when I reduced my payment to £1 carried on paying.
                        Got loads of letters from Lowells asking me to set up a payment plan but I wrote every month along with my payment setting out my circumstances stating it was all I could afford
                        Within the last month the letters have got more frequent all of which I thought were standard Lowell tactics then this morning the Hampton legal drops through the letter box
                        The point Im trying to make is how do you make Lowells listen and not run rugshot over anything I try to do.
                        I also should point out CCA done and application form sent instead stating it was a CCA thats why im thinking of the CPUTR2008 should I omit the bit about not aknowledging the debt
                        Last edited by winner12; 11th May 2013, 12:21:PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Comment

If you are struggling a bit at the moment and £1.00 really is all you can afford, why not do a self managed DMP using this - it's very good:

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/dmp.asp

That will generate offers, whereby they will be able to see what you are offering is a genuine amount. If they refuse it, feel free to pm me and I'll contact them on your behalf through my charity if you'd like. Equally there's lots of other free charities out there, but the bigger ones are less likely to intervene on a personal basis for you.

The NEDCAB DMP has had rave results and comments though.

If you don't want to go that route, you have two options:

1. Quote legislation / guidelines at them - the OFT Guidelines in particular (attached) would frown on them.

2. Tell them they have not complied with your CCA request date dd/mm/yyyy - an application form does not count as a copy of a credit agreement and state you will only pay £1.00 until such time as they comply with your request.

Hope that helps somewhere along the line.
                          Last edited by labman; 11th May 2013, 15:27:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            1. Quote legislation / guidelines at them - the OFT Guidelines in particular (attached) would frown on them.
                            Where?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oops! Thanks CC.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X