• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting constant phone calls, letters, stuck and dont know what to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting constant phone calls, letters, stuck and dont know what to do

Originally posted by allisons3s View Post
    Thanks, but how do i apply to have them reduced?
    If you are referring to the CCJ, take a look at this: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...r_for_debt.htm

Comment

I suspected we may be talking domestic violence. You need to contact also any groups in your local area dealing with domestic violence. If you don't know where to start, contact your local council who will have the information. These groups are used to seeing women in your circumstances and have loads of ways of helping, not just with debt, but everything else too. I see you are petrified of him finding you, and I really don't want to make that any worse for you, but I have worked with domestic violence groups for a long time, and if people are intent on finding someone, leaving the country isn't far enough. You will be able to get advice on the legalities of your situation, restraining orders and other legal methods of keeping your ex at bay.

I also believe that your circumstances as a victim of abuse can be taken into account by some people who you may owe debts to - the others will correct me if I'm wrong! So you may be able to negotiate the debt. I know, for example, our local councils don't chase unpaid council tax for victims of domestic violence; and the water authority are also willing to drop claims where our shelters have intervened in debts owed. Control of financial purse strings is a common indicator in abuse cases. That's isn't an excuse to not pay debts, but you will find that many companies actually "get it",and may be a lot more sympathetic than they might otherwise be.

You may be "away",but you are still a victim. Get some help. Then you can one day be in a position to stand tall and NOT be a victim. The day you aren't in fear will tell you when that is. And it really does happen! That'll be a day to celebrate whether or not a mortgage follows....

Comment

Originally posted by allisons3s View Post
        I have been receiving constant phone calls from a company called Toccatto, leaving messages by the hour, I have also had someone call at the house and leave a letter regarding a utilities bill, to be honest I cannot afford it, and its all just getting in a mess and I have resorted to unplugging the phone because they are constantly ringing and its driving me nuts, and stuck about the letter from chase solutions for the water. Any help would be really appreciated.
        Tocatto Limited are part of our dear friends, Lowells (link)

Chase Solutions, on the other hand, is part of Robinson Way (link)

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          There's lots of things we can suggest to boost your income as well as reduce your debts
          ... none of which involve selling children. :rofl:

Comment

Please concentrate you efforts on yourfamily the debts can wait as some people have said on here you can get help please seek it nobody should have to put up with any form of abuse you and your children should always come first please heed the advice and GOOD luck

Comment

With regard to domestic violence, most police forces have Domestic Violence Units or Teams who work closely with local authorities, charities and support agencies. There is also a national policy, where children are involved in domestic violence situations, whereby the police will inform the school the children attend so that they are aware of the situation and can ensure children have someone they can go to for support should they need it.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X