• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Lowell and Red

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Lowell and Red

just throwing in my tuppence worth - as I went through similar dealings with them - but totally agree ignore them..... I stopped answering my phone and only used it for the internet, relying on my mobile, or let the people you know family/friends that you may remain quiet and wait for them to say ''hello'' first - if you happen to answer and they ask for you, before you confirm ask ''who is calling'' if its them end the call..... its interesting the number of double glazing compaines that call and just listening whilst computers detect an answer soon makes you aware of nuisance calls. What I would do is check your credit history and see of there is an O2 account- you can do this online for free and it may hilight some error from O2 that you can go on to correct. O2 would normally send reminders then defaults and you would see a default date and when the !!!!!! took over - but dont let your credit report suffer if there is some error.

Comment

I have received a letter from HAMPTONS Legal who say they are now dealing with my account ,it says Preparing for Legal Action.
      If we take you to court and are awarded a County Court Judgement you may be ordered to repay legal costs and any interest , together with what you owe . This has got me worried again do I need to contact Hamptons ? Lowell ? or 02 I still don't believe this is my debt who do I ask to see all the information they say they have ? and how do I ask them for it I want to know if this is in my name , and see when and how much payment were made etc as it was not me I didn't sign a contract or anything else .How do I prove its not me .

Comment

I have received a letter from HAMPTONS Legal who say they are now dealing with my account ,it says Preparing for Legal Action.
        If we take you to court and are awarded a County Court Judgement you may be ordered to repay legal costs and any interest , together with what you owe . This has got me worried again do I need to contact Hamptons ? Lowell ? or 02 I still don't believe this is my debt who do I ask to see all the information they say they have ? and how do I ask them for it I want to know if this is in my name , and see when and how much payment were made etc as it was not me I didn't sign a contract or anything else .How do I prove its not me .How do I contact 02 to get a copy of all the information they have on this contract as I never signed for it .Sorry I am not used to all this .

Comment

Have you sent a prove it letter to Lowell to substantiate the alleged account by recorded delivery

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
            Have you sent a prove it letter to Lowell to substantiate the alleged account by recorded delivery
            No is that what I should do and how do I word it please ? thank you for any help

Comment

Under NO Circumstances Ring Hamptons. They are just another desk in the Leeds Threat Centre. Their letters are the same as the trash posted by Red Debt and Lowlife Portfolio. If you read the letters its just the same garbage on different notepaper

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
                Originally posted by sandy59 View Post
                No is that what I should do and how do I word it please ? thank you for any help
                Yes, you should ask them to prove the debt, see this post:http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...9479#post59479

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                  Under NO Circumstances Ring Hamptons. They are just another desk in the Leeds Threat Centre. Their letters are the same as the trash posted by Red Debt and Lowlife Portfolio. If you read the letters its just the same garbage on different notepaper
                  ...or anyone else for that matter, don't answer their calls either, you should keep everything in writing. If they ring you, refuse to go through security and hang up.

Red, Hamptons and Lowell are all part of the Leed Losers Lowlife Group: http://www.lowell.co.uk/who-is-hamptons-legal.aspx

Comment

HI again do I send the recorded letter to Hamptons , Red or Lowell ? thank you again

Comment

They are all the same shower so it hardly matters but as Hampton are the latest bunch of no hopes to send begging letters then send it to them

Comment

Or "Preparing to Lose Money In Court". :grin:

How do I prove it's not me .
                        You do not need to prove anything.

They need to prove you owe the money.

Comment

Probably the best way to talk to a DCA is through a Medium

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                            Probably the best way to talk to a DCA is through a Medium
                            "Is there anybody there? Is there anybody there? One fart for 'Yes', two farts for 'No'..."?

Comment

HI again do I send the recorded letter to Hamptons , Red or Lowell ? thank you again
                              Send to any. They are all the same company, so no point messing around with more than one of their made up trading names.

CC a copy of your letter via email to ComplaintsResolution@LowellGroup.co.uk

Make it very very clear that you have never at any point had an account with O2, or ever owed them a penny.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                                Yes, you should ask them to prove the debt, see this post:http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...9479#post59479
                                I have just sent this letter off to Hamptons by recorded delivery , so all I can do now is wait and see what they have to say .Is there anything else I should or could do ? I am so grateful for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X