• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Idem Servicing Not sure what i do with it ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Worrywort22 View Post

Do you think it is a fishing exercise though as i haven't replied to the address verification at my home address ?
    It sounds like it, why otherwise bother sending it to you son.

Comment

I have now had 2 letters from Westcott it looks as though Idem have passed it over ? Letters attached. Do i continue to ignore or should i sene a letter asking what it actually relates to ?
      Attached Files

Comment

see what they send next they are just phishing at this stage? no powers wetcloths opp (wescott)

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          see what they send next they are just phishing at this stage? no powers wetcloths opp (wescott)
          Thanks Mike are they different companies then meaning its been sold on ?

Comment

wescott are only hopeful collectors They do not buy debts but act for others on commision

Comment

Have now had a letter from Hoist who Idem seem to have passed the debt to but they are saying Wescott will be continuing to deal with it. Wescott have also now done a soft search on my credit report. Any action needed from me ?

Comment

OH! wetcloths oppp (Wescot) another hopeful debt collector - no powers just pester for payment so they get commissions, then one day give up and pass your account back to owners.

Comment

Take the advice, sit tight apart from breaking the protocol of delivering your mail to the wrong person, and let them sweat and beg.

Comment

So have an update on this one. Lowell now have it and are sending letters. They have also started emailing me first of all not addressing it to anyone and now just using title and surname, but I am not sure how they got this email. Do i just sit tight again or do I need to deal with them ? I am worried they will start emailing other members of the family

Comment

Originally posted by Worrywort22 View Post
                      So have an update on this one. Lowell now have it and are sending letters. They have also started emailing me first of all not addressing it to anyone and now just using title and surname, but I am not sure how they got this email. Do i just sit tight again or do I need to deal with them ? I am worried they will start emailing other members of the family
                      Monitor what they send, update if they send anything meaningful.

If they send letters etc to family members, they will be breaking FCA's debt collection guidelines as well as ICO's data protection principles etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X