• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

got letter from welcome and they say the agreement does not need to be signed on trade premises and that when they get the signed form back from us, a member of their application team will sign as witness to the agreement.

Are they mental or what?
    We can get any tom, dick or harry to sign the forms and send them back and they will automatically assume we did sign it!!!!!
    How bloody ridiculous does that sound?.... Am I really bein so unreasonable as to want to have proper documents in place with proper and correct figures?

I also cannot understand the financial ombudsman services attitude and lack of commitment in helpin people like us......especially wen we are all advised never to sign anythin that comes thru the post and without a witness.....

Any ideas on wat to do next?...... I am gettin so bone weary with all this nonsense

Comment

You and me both!
      Still back with the FOS but dont expect much from them as they seem to be some how in cahoots with them.
      Would still refuse to sign any thing further but as no news is , apparently ,good news and we have not had any letters from them (not sure about phone calls as we have numbers on chose to refuse and currently moniter calls via a phone with number display so any that we do not regognise I let the answer machine pick up so if they do not leave a number then its up to them!)
      Almost a year now since we "won" teh ppi claim but it then took until September for them to come up with this form to fill in with no indications of dates on it and not dated or signed by them and unlike the only "true" copy we have (from old address) did not even have a witness signture box and as you say Poochie any one can sign this.
      Chin up girl hopefully with the wonderful people on this site we will finally get result!
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Im livin in hope dear......Im just so tired of all the time and effort goin into this and they still dont understand the seriousness of why we wont sign an agreement that does not relate true figures of our loan and interest that changes

Comment

You and me both!
          Still back with the FOS but dont expect much from them as they seem to be some how in cahoots with them.
          Would still refuse to sign any thing further but as no news is , apparently ,good news and we have not had any letters from them (not sure about phone calls as we have numbers on chose to refuse and currently moniter calls via a phone with number display so any that we do not regognise I let the answer machine pick up so if they do not leave a number then its up to them!)
          Almost a year now since we "won" the ppi claim but it then took until September for them to come up with this form to fill in with no indications of dates on it and not dated or signed by them and unlike the only "true" copy we have (from old address) did not even have a witness signture box and as you say Poochie any one can sign this.
          Chin up girl hopefully with the wonderful people on this site we will finally get result!
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Do not let the barstewrds get you down!!
          Last edited by dogtired; 14th June 2010, 06:50:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
            Im livin in hope dear......Im just so tired of all the time and effort goin into this and they still dont understand the seriousness of why we wont sign an agreement that does not relate true figures of our loan and interest that changes
            Dont let them get you down after almost six years of conflict I am willing to carry on!

Comment

Had another letter from FOS may take another two to three months?!
              Meanwhile not sure what is going on with Welcome/Cattles they are still suspended from trading on the stock exchange and ther have been rumours they are being taken over by Citi group.
              Last edited by dogtired; 14th July 2010, 20:40:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Just signin in to report that I still have not had any more contact from welcome......should I be worried about this or just hang tight to see wat happens next?......thanx

Comment

hi poochie ive not read all of your posts as its too late tonight,but i have posted a few things tonight on other threads might be of use...will look through your thread this week end
                  patrickq1
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  by the way sit tight and sign nothin lol
                  Last edited by patrickq1; 22nd July 2010, 22:03:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

thanx patrick...all help and advice very much appreciated

Comment

The reason why it's takes so long to sort out a dispute with Welcome when FOS are involved is because there are so many and it's takes ages if ever for FOS to get a response from them. I was told this by my case worker at FOS.

There is an investigation going on at the moment and it's dragging, mainly because there is limited sources at Welcome and they are very slow to respond. I get the feeling is because they've got bigger things to concentrate on, ie getting as much income as possible.

This could also explain why those who have outstanding disputes are hearing little whilst those who scrape payments each month are being put under pressure to pay more.

This is a great time for those who can afford to accept settlement offers as they seem to be starting to accept more especially for old accounts and disputes. Problem is if we could afford to pay these then we'd probably wouldn't have needed to borrow from Welcome in the first place.

Just a little tip, for those who have taken out any insurance, and I'm talking about gap, mechanical breakdown etc not just PPI. Did you ever try to claim and got nothing? Have you ever received a Schedule of Insurance and a correctly dated Policy (ie dated appropriately for when it was taken out not several months later!). For example when you take out home insurance, etc, you get both these documents. Try asking Welcome for these, and do NOT be fobbed off by xabeing referred to another company like Norwich Union. let's just say that a few things got found out after NU got fed up of the amount of queries they were given when a certain phone number got posted all over forums (not by me I hasten to add!).

Comment

Just an interesting addition to my predicament...
                        My husband and myself are both in trust deeds and they are due to end this december....

We got letter from trust deed advisor today sayin our trust deed will not be closed in december unless we sign documents for a company to try claim back our mis-sold ppi to help pay towards our debtors.....

I didnt know they could do this..... why should we sign our rights over to them?

We do understand our trust deed advisor has a job to try and get as much money from us as possible to pay our debts but we have paid them £150 each per month for last 3 yrs, plus we also paid £100 each per month in the first year to ensure none of our debtors could force us to sell our house..... so we thought all the money we have paid from start to finish would cover our debtors coz our debt was only around £15,000

We also have been fightin with welcome over past year for the mis-sold ppi..... we have got so far with the fight and are still waitin on reply but we thought it would just amount to a reduction in our loan after they took off the ppi and medicare etc.... So why should we have to sign things over to this company

any help or advice much appreciated.... thanx

Comment

Not sure Poochie, I think Scottish law is different, hopefully some one more qualified than I will advise you.
                          All I ave had so far is another "sorry for the delay " from the fos, but nothing from welcome at all.

Comment

thanx dear.... Im just not sure about signing anything over to them because it would mean that any refund on our account and reducement of payments for us will automatically go to this company which is not our trust deed company........ It just seems strange to me......
                            I will try post this query somewhere else and see what feedback I get.....

Comment

Lots of good advice out there!
                              Try Luggerbugs he seems to know what is what but think he may be away at the moment

Comment

We got letter from welcome finance today which is the first contact we have had from them in months.
                                Its basically a letter sayin the followin:

some time ago you made a complaint about your ppi policy. We upheld that complaint because we could not be satisfied that the ppi was suitable for you.

As part of our normal quality control process, I have reviewed the outcome of your complaint. I see that you had ppi policy with previous loans with us which you did not complain about.

If you would like me to re-consider your complaint, taking into account your previous loans with us please sign enclosed forms and return to us.

All fine and well but I amended the form before we signed it....

It said:
                                Please reconsider our complaint taking into account the other ppi policies held in relation to other loan accounts.

I changed it and scored out the word re-consider and added to INVESTIGATE AND RESOLVE.

I then added paragraph at bottom of page sayin we did not complain previously because it was never brought to our attention that the ppi policies where not mandatory and that we were told we needed them or we would not get the loan. So we assumed, we had to take them because we did not know any better at the time.

Has anyone else had one of these forms to fill in?....... Is there any new info on wats happening with welcome just now.

thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X