• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

See you are still fighting Poochie! Us as well
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
      Ok I have written up a letter and will post it to welcome tomorrow and also send fos copy of dodgy agreement along with out reply to it.
      Where has luggerbugs gone....he usually full of advice for this sort of thing

Stewie if you in same position, have you declined new agreement and written to them about it?...wat stage is your complaint at so far?

Thanx to all offerin advice etc...much appreciated
      Luggerbugs has been busy and unable to do forums for a while. Not the least of which busyness has been trying to keep track of Welcome's antics.

Still stuck for time so can't refresh my memory by going through the whole thread. But basically, whatever happens, do NOT sign any new agreements that don't put you in at least as good a position as you would otherwise have been if your original agreement was signed less insurances in the first place.

I am abit bemused as to what is happening with them just now. A month ago, I got a phone call from my local office telling me that the regional manager was willing to back down and agree to my initial demands, and pay up on all PPI on all accounts I have ever had.

But so far, nothing in writing.

As you are aware (and should point out to the FOS), trying to get Welcome on the phone is nigh on impossible. So they need to be realisic and understand that contact with them in this way is pretty much not going to happen.

So what IS happening with them? Well, looks like another round of redundancies on the cards, with more branch closures imminent. I think eventual outcome will be, all collections from Nottingham. The chances are, all "difficult customers" will be dumped on their collections arm, The Lewis Group, to deal with.

In any event, there is a planned run down of 2 to 3 years, with them trying to collect as much as possible in that time. After which, Cattles will go into insolvency.

What you need to realise is, Cattles/Welcome cash income now belongs soley to the banks. And all they want is maximum return in as short a time as possible. There will therefore be a great reluctance to part with any cash whatsoever. In other words, PPI claims and the like will see fewer and fewer payouts, to the point where many of the complaints simply become paper exercises. What are the FOS gonna do to them? TWelcome are deep enough in the brown smelly stuff without worrying about whatever EVENTUAL sanctions the FOS may place on them sometime in the future.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
        Luggerbugs has been busy and unable to do forums for a while. Not the least of which busyness has been trying to keep track of Welcome's antics.

Still stuck for time so can't refresh my memory by going through the whole thread. But basically, whatever happens, do NOT sign any new agreements that don't put you in at least as good a position as you would otherwise have been if your original agreement was signed less insurances in the first place.

I am abit bemused as to what is happening with them just now. A month ago, I got a phone call from my local office telling me that the regional manager was willing to back down and agree to my initial demands, and pay up on all PPI on all accounts I have ever had.

But so far, nothing in writing.

As you are aware (and should point out to the FOS), trying to get Welcome on the phone is nigh on impossible. So they need to be realisic and understand that contact with them in this way is pretty much not going to happen.

So what IS happening with them? Well, looks like another round of redundancies on the cards, with more branch closures imminent. I think eventual outcome will be, all collections from Nottingham. The chances are, all "difficult customers" will be dumped on their collections arm, The Lewis Group, to deal with.

In any event, there is a planned run down of 2 to 3 years, with them trying to collect as much as possible in that time. After which, Cattles will go into insolvency.

What you need to realise is, Cattles/Welcome cash income now belongs soley to the banks. And all they want is maximum return in as short a time as possible. There will therefore be a great reluctance to part with any cash whatsoever. In other words, PPI claims and the like will see fewer and fewer payouts, to the point where many of the complaints simply become paper exercises. What are the FOS gonna do to them? TWelcome are deep enough in the brown smelly stuff without worrying about whatever EVENTUAL sanctions the FOS may place on them sometime in the future.

Thought as much! So even now back with FOS still a waiting game I guess

Comment

Its a con & a well known ploy by Welcome to get you to unwittingly sign a compliant agreement. A new agreement is not required to reschedule a loan only a letter confirming it.

When I was ill we asked Black Horse to reschedule AND return our PPI premiums as they proved worthless. This was done entirely via telephone & had they asked us to sign a 'new agreement we would have refused

Comment

Ok we got letter from fos about welcome and will scan and put it up here over weekend....
            I also got e-mail from fos askin why we hadnt signed new agreement welcome sent us...... I replied we never got new agreement and wont sign one anyways..... unless they take out all the crap and small writin they added to last agreement they tried to get us to sign.....
            I will get he scannin done tomorrow and you can let me know wat you think guys
            thanx to everyone on here who has helped us along the way....it has all been appreciated

Comment

The sad truth is, the FOS agree with Welcome about signing off on a new agreement. They won't back your case unless you do.
              My Blog
              http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
                The sad truth is, the FOS agree with Welcome about signing off on a new agreement. They won't back your case unless you do.
                Not only was our "new" copy a very bad copy it was not signed or dated by #welcome and no indications at all that this was to "re-wite" without the PPI.
                The letter we had recently re payments was also a bad copy and unsigned...

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                  Not only was our "new" copy a very bad copy it was not signed or dated by #welcome and no indications at all that this was to "re-wite" without the PPI.
                  The letter we had recently re payments was also a bad copy and unsigned...

I did a re-write with Welcome too (big mistake) It wasn't signed by them and most of the figures are un-readable. Is it enforceable?
                  They recently sent me a letter saying they were defaulting my account and put a charge of nearly £500 to tell me this.

I've got loads of great advice from this site and have letters to post and made numerous phone calls to Welcome. Just wondering what to do next?

Comment

Originally posted by woollard16 View Post
                    I did a re-write with Welcome too (big mistake) It wasn't signed by them and most of the figures are un-readable. Is it enforceable?
                    They recently sent me a letter saying they were defaulting my account and put a charge of nearly £500 to tell me this.

I've got loads of great advice from this site and have letters to post and made numerous phone calls to Welcome. Just wondering what to do next?
                    The waiting game good fun (not) this site has been a god send that you can stand up to them, just a matter of patience.. (Thanks everyone will keep you posted as to results, if any)

Comment

Ok our scanner was broke so couldnt post the letter I got from welcome in middle of march but basically it was just sayin they will refund charges to our account and amend our account accordingly but they dispute they sent us 2 letters each time which we actually have proof of coz I have kept all letters, so they sayin some charges will not be refunded..... but basically they agreein to refund most charges as long as we sign the new agreement we get sent soon and send it back to them asap so all figures can be put on their computer screens and all depts are aware of new agreement.... Needless to say I sent letter back sayin no way and we can prove they sent 2 letters and charged us for both letters wen one letter addressed to both of us would have sufficed and why should we pay for them sendin automated letters without checkin their systems first..... We actually got letters sayin we hadnt paid certain months wen our bank statements and their computers say we paid.....They cant have it all ways...... so we said until they sort it all out we aint signing nothin
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      we got new agreement today to sign which is basically same as last agreement they sent. It has not taken into account any payments we have made so far which basically means we aint signing it.
                      Its like a dummy agreement.....
                      If we sign this agreement today then it would be accepting that loan figure as from today and we aint that daft......
                      Im gonna post the letter we got and the agreement and would appreciate any opinions or thoughts as to how we proceed
                      It says in the letter that we have to consider the contents of aforementioned letter, we never got any letter apart from the one you see below

all help much appreciated

thanx
                      will post in shortly coz hubby had to scan it form his office and is havin to retrieve it from his work computer or something.....
                      http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...5March2010.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...arch2010p3.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...arch2010p2.jpg
                      Last edited by poochie; 26th March 2010, 21:20:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

any help available on this please

thanx

Comment

here is wat we got back from fos today by e-mail coz we told them we aint signin the new agreement......AGAIN

Dear Mrs
                          It is normal for a new agreement to be sent to you showing the original amount borrowed - If you borrowed originally £15,00.00 the loan statement will show £15,00.00.
                          This is what you will be expected to sign
                          Once the signed forms are received Welcome Finance will then calculate the redress due to you.
                          I am unsure why Welcome Finance have neglected to remove the payment protection premium from your loan agreement - I will request an explanation from them.
                          Yours sincerely

Denise O'Dowd | Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service | South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR
                          Tel 0207 964 0088 | Fax 0207 964 0089
                          Denise.O'Dowd@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Any advice anyone would be much appreciated.....Its like they tryin to back us into corner and get us to sign that agreement which we refuse to do because the agreement has changed the interest rate from wen we first got the loan.....It has went up so we wont be any better off

Comment

[quote=poochie;155393]here is wat we got back from fos today by e-mail coz we told them we aint signin the new agreement......AGAIN

Dear Mrs

It is normal for a new agreement to be sent to you showing the original amount borrowed - If you borrowed originally £15,00.00 the loan statement will show £15,00.00.

This is what you will be expected to sign

Once the signed forms are received Welcome Finance will then calculate the redress due to you.

I am unsure why Welcome Finance have neglected to remove the payment protection premium from your loan agreement - I will request an explanation from them.

Yours sincerely

Denise O'Dowd | Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service | South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR
                            Tel 0207 964 0088 | Fax 0207 964 0089
                            Denise.O'Dowd@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Any advice anyone would be much appreciated.....Its like they tryin to back us into corner and get us to sign that agreement which we refuse to do because the agreement has changed the interest rate from wen we first got the loan.....It has went up so we wont be any better off[/quote

We got a similar reply but we also had a letter from Welcome to say that they could not find copies of our agreement (the ones we had had our old address and a different loan number on them) they also send a "finacial stement" which, again, was incorrect had an interest rate of 1%!!! (dont think so Welcome)
                            got back in touch wthi FOS who agreed to look again at this issue and have just posted copies of all documents to them.....still waiting

Comment

Has anyone contacted the FSA?
                              It is they who state that PPI refunds should be fair to the customer, if you just ask about how Welcome and the FOS are trying to make you sign new contracts that are not putting you into a better position without the PPI they maybe able to help you. They won't help individulas as such, but they maybe able to give you an insight into what is and is not allowed with refunds.
                              Enaid x

Comment

thanx enaid...I will contact fsa and see wat they say....

all help much appreciated

I will let ye know how things go

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X