• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

Are we nearly there yet? lol

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
      so do I make 2 copies of the documentsd and send real ones back to welcome by recorded delivery with letter above and also a copy to the person who's documents I have and also the compliants company?
      All help is very much apprciated cause this is worryin me cause I have had these documents for long enough now.......Thanx to all involved
      To protect yourself take copies by all means in case they should deny their actions. However you should also tell them you have & that as soon as they confirm receipt of the originals you will destroy your copies.

That way the onus is on them to let you know they have the docs & if they don't you can't be accused of retaining the data unnecessarily
      Last edited by righty; 15th February 2009, 14:48:PM.

Comment

ok so I dont send copy of what I have to the lady in question then?.... Am I just tellin her that they were passed to me and sent back to welcome?
        Thanx again everyone
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        oh right, I do send copy to the lady.... I read your comment wrong scooby...sorry
        Last edited by poochie; 15th February 2009, 22:52:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I need somethin clarified guys...Do I keep a copy of the documents and tell welcome I have kept copy and that I will destroy them on receipt of their aknowledgement of recieveing the original documents? Im only asking because it is not in the letter above...Thanx

I have been busy recently adn this is me wanting to get this done and dusted today...will let you all know when it posted by recorded delivery to all concerned....thanx again guys...much appreciated

Comment

I haven't posted as I don't think you should be holding onto documents as I have previously said.

If you are returning them to WFS and writing to the other person to inform them of what was sent to you then I don't see why you need the docs. If however you decide to keep them I think the reasoning was that you inform WFS that you have them and once they acknowledge that they have recieved documents a) b) and c) etc therefore admitting they have recieved safely the info you sent back to them but they will be also admitting that it was sent to you in the first place, you then destroy them.

This can be used as proof the docs were sent to you in the first place.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Comment

Right Poochie- where are we with everything else?

1) Letter about PPI - done waiting for reply?
              2) Arrears on account - letter done waiting for reply?
              3) initial questions regarding charges - done and waiting for reply?
              4) Question about whether enforcable agreement ? Up in the air at the moment and dealing with PPI first?
              5) Can you really afford loan at the moment ?and is there anything that can be done about that ? ( taking into account Scottish law)
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

It's normal procedure to retain copies of valuable docs for destruction once it's confirmed by the receiver that they have the originals

Comment

ok so are we in agreement that I post all the letters to relevant people tomorrow by recorded delivery?
                  Im sure the 14days for reply regarding ppi refund is almost up but will check the dates for it.
                  Thanx to everyone for opinions and advice, very much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                    It's normal procedure to retain copies of valuable docs for destruction once it's confirmed by the receiver that they have the originals
                    Can you explain what you mean by "normal procedure" righty just so I know, is this an unwritten procedure?

Comment

The reasons are obvious namely that if your sending valuable or important 'original' documents through the post or even via DX, either of which can be unreliable, it's advisable to temporarily retain copies until you know the originals have been safely delivered. Also it places a certain onus on the receiver to tell you they have them

Comment

Hi righty perhaps I am being slow here lol, I would understand this if the docs you are sending relate to you, however if the person you are sending them to simply ignored recieving them (perhaps they did get lost in the post or something or they didn't want to admit to have messed up) then you contacted them after a period of time to ask why they hadn't confirmed recieving them what would the benefit of having copies be?

They could just confirm that they had recieved them to you over the phone without putting it in writing. Also they might ask you to resend the docs which would mean this personal data relating to another person is being sent to and from people and is open to getting into the wrong hands more than is neccesary. We all know how much personal data gets into the wrong hands, I just dont see the point.

I am just wanting to get my head around the reasoning here. Feel free to pm if you want.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous full of what if's & I know not why

You ask them to confirm receipt IN WRITING then you destroy the copies & if they don't or claim they never sent anything out in the 1st place you have copies to prove they are lying.

What you certainly do not do is talk to them on the phone for any reason........unless you can record the conversation

Comment

ok guys, thats the documents all done an dusted...no turning back now
                            I am patiently waiting for replies to see what happens next.... Thanx again to everyone, will come back and let you know as soon as I have any news

Comment

Ummmmmmm Ok

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
                                ok guys, thats the documents all done an dusted...no turning back now
                                I am patiently waiting for replies to see what happens next.... Thanx again to everyone, will come back and let you know as soon as I have any news

Well I am pleased that you have got that bit over and done with.
                                You can concentrate now on your main problem and hopefully a good result.
                                Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X