• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

Hi Poochie

If you can wait until tomorrow I will tidy up the arears letter and post up a letter on here about the data. Can you just call the IFO number on the email just to make sure that they dont want any copies or evidence in order to take action against Welcome? Just tell them you are sending the data back on Monday and just wanted to let them know.Or send them another email and ask for a reply .
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

sorry guys been very busy today...I will fone ico tomorrow scooby and do as you suggested then let you all know.... Thanx again...much appreciated

Comment

May I suggest that you write rather than phone then your contact is a matter of record.........& cannot be denied

Comment

ok if I write to them then do I add the documents I have or simply just ask what I do with them?.... I couldnt get reply today from the number, it went onto a recorded message.

Comment

hi everyone, i am new to this site and have just done a Post in Credit agreements I think also about Welcome Finance, although I don't appear to have PPI on my agreement, I hope I posted mine in the correct place to be read. I am more concerned how I go about getting the agreement annulled without having to pay out for costly solicitors etc which all seem to want a hefty sum upfront or after. xx

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
              ok if I write to them then do I add the documents I have or simply just ask what I do with them?.... I couldnt get reply today from the number, it went onto a recorded message.

I think it was`decided you should send the documents back to Welcome - I just thought you should check with the IFO whether they are going to take any action and whether they needed any evidence - but I agree with you it is very complicated as you dont want the documents landing on just anyones desk - so if you can not get a reply just send them back to welcome as suggested.
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

Poochie PLEASE PLEASE don't use the phone. Always write otherwise there will be no record & they could, as the often do, deny your call

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                  Poochie PLEASE PLEASE don't use the phone. Always write otherwise there will be no record & they could, as the often do, deny your call
                  I agree with righty here, letters are a record which can be used as proof and can be tracked.

I have on occassions rang firms myself but this is usually backed up with a letter sent confirming the content of any phone conversation, or it was just to inform them of something that was coming their way.

Comment

OK the docs are going back to Welcome, Yes?
                    Well I think poochie just needs a little help wording the letter to go with them, then also a letter to the person who's details they are, informing them what she has done. Maybe mention they can pop on here if they wish to take any further action themselves and need any help.
                    Is this ok with everyone helping out on this?

Comment

I can help with the letter later and post up for comments .

The only reason I said phone the Inf Com off was that I thought that they may need evidence of the breach and if Poochie sends them back to Welcome there is no evidence - I would then ask ask them to confirm in writing by email what they wanted to happen . Even I would not break my own golden rule of keep it in writing , it is just that this problem f the documents has dragged on for some time!

I suggest in the letter I will list exactly what documents were sent and then Poochie can send the a copy of the letter.

Comment

I agree scoob, it needs putting to bed and if any complaint is to be made then it should be made by the other person IMO.
                        Maybe in the letter to the other person it could be mentioned how serious a matter this is and what it could have involved in the wrong hands. The mention we are willing to help if they want to take it any further.

Comment

To Welcome Finance

XXXX

XXX

I am writing to inform you that when you sent me my SAR documents you actually sent me confidential information on another of your customers in the same envelope.

I believe that this is in breach of the Data Protection Act and therefore I have reported this matter to the I.C.O office.

The documents were in the name of XXXXXX
                          Address xxxxxxx

The documents enclosed and therefore returned to you are as follows:
                          Field report with dates of loans
                          Customers names and address
                          Telephone numbers
                          Salary details
                          Monthly payment details
                          Comments on the customer
                          Mothers card details
                          Card numbers
                          Security codes from cards
                          Expiry dates
                          Valid from dates

I have of course returned these to you by recorded delivery and I would appreciate your confirmation of receipt in writing and also a remittance of £20.00 would be appreciated to cover my time and postage costs which would not have been incurred had you not sent these documents in error.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          Posted up for comments

When finalised I suggest you :

Send the full letter to Welcome with the documents by recorded delivery
                          Send a copy to the ICO - marked copy
                          Send a copy with your address and name blanked out to the persons whos info you received. On the bottom of this letter write - "I believe Welcome have committed a serious breach of the Data Protection Act
                          Poochie we need to do a summary of where you are with everything

I will be back later
                          Arrears and charges letter:
                          I refer to your letter dated 9/12/08. I am very confused by your figures and find it very un-professional that you write a letter regarding arrears without giving me a breakdown of how you arrive at the figure of £1830.82. I did in fact pay Decembers payment by cash so would be grateful if you would revise your figures to take that into account.

Further more I would refer you to a conversation with xxxx on xxx
                          When it was in fact agreed that due to financial difficulties I could in fact miss the following paymentsxxxxxx which would total XXXX.

I was told that these would not in fact show as arrears but would be added on to the end of my loan. I am sure if you check you will have a record of the conversation. I feel that I made every effort to contact you and explain our position and find it very upsetting that you are now apparently reneging on this arrangement. As a result of this I would be grateful if you would keep all other contact in writing as I do not appreciate some of the rude and intrusive telephone calls I have been receiving.

In view of my comments above please reply with the following

1) Confirmation that you have checked your records for the agreement that was made.
                          2) A full break down at the date of your next letter of what you consider the underpayments to be
                          3) Please confirm that these can be added on to the end of the loan as agreed.
                          4) I would also like a full explanation of justification for all the charges on my account as listed total £245.00. At times when my payment was I received no letters or calls ( until very recently ) so I would like an explanation of how you can justify the many £10 and £20 fees on my account. As far as I am concerned as stated above I made up any late payments as soon as I could and the missing payments were agreed with a member of your staff so I am at a loss to see how you can justify charges on my account of £245.00. Please consider this an official complaint about these charges and I look forward to your reply.
                          Last edited by scoobydoo; 15th February 2009, 10:55:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't think it's good idea to draw attention to this thread until poochie has resolved their problem. So I wouldn't advise telling the data subject in case they mention it to Welcome

I hate Welcome in fact I have my own issues with them but I think it's important to stay focused rather than going off at a tangent & IMHO complaining about anothers data is doing just that

Comment

so do I make 2 copies of the documentsd and send real ones back to welcome by recorded delivery with letter above and also a copy to the person who's documents I have and also the compliants company?
                              All help is very much apprciated cause this is worryin me cause I have had these documents for long enough now.......Thanx to all involved

Comment

Ok Righty - i have edited my post

So poochie send the original copy to welcome with the documents.
                                Send a copy to the person without your details and without the comment about LB and without the documents

Keep a copy for yourself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X