• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

ok, 1st repayment was due 30/04/05 for £303.21....... We got agreement for missing April 07, August 07, Feb & March 2008..... We did make cash payment on December 11th at local office.....It is on statement we have.
    We both got seperate letters on 5th december sayin we owed £715.44 in arrears.... We both then got seperate letters on 9th December sayin we owed £1830.82...We also got 2 seperate letters on 31st December notifyin us of charges bein added to account..... 1 telephone call on 3rd december..£10, Then 3rd December a letter was sent out...£10 and then another letter on 9th December..£10...
    I find this ridiculous because they were told not to harrass us by phone anymore and we got letter to say they wouldnt in future.....and also, as for the letters, why do we get charged for one letter when they always send two letters to us.....
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Whilst goin thru all the welcome documents tonight, I had an interesting find and dont know wat to do with it.
    I have in my possession, a " Field Card Report" for another welcome customer who happens to live 5minutes away from my house.
    It has dates of loans, amounts, customers name, address, account number, postcode, 3 telephone numbers, date of birth, her salary details, monthly repayments and comments regardin missed payments.
    The best part is that on another sheet stapled to it, I have the persons credit card details, and also her mothers card details because she made payments usin her mums card.... It has long card numbers, full names, security code on back of cards, expiry and valid dates and the name of the bank and the card.....
    How could they get this sort of thing mixed up with mine?..... Wat do I do with it?..... I have it under lock and key now...Im still in shock and dont know wat to do...can someone advise me please......Thanx
    Last edited by poochie; 5th February 2009, 21:01:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Here is a summary of the charges £235

How much was the DEcmber payment you made ?

I can add it to the spread sheet.

What was the last arrears figure they gave you?

Reference the other customers information there is someone you can report them to that will get them into trouble - just going to check who it is

Jan
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx
        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

december payment was for £327.72...... Last arrears figure we got was 9th december 2008 for £1830.82 and at that time they state the outstanding balance as £17,876.52

Thanx so much for all the time and effort you put into spreadsheet...very much appreciated

As for the paperwork I have relatin to other customer, do I send it to anyone by e-mail or just keep the papers safe..... I hate wen this kinda thing happens

Comment

updated

should say £817 roughly

What figure did they give you?
            ref cards maybe you should write or email complaining to the ICO first and ask them what you should do?
            Last edited by scoobydoo; 18th February 2009, 18:36:PM.

Comment

ok thanx dear, I have sent e-mail to that company regardin the other customers details but I have not included copies of wat I have.... I dont think that would be wise at moment.
              As for the arrears with welcome, how can it be arrears wen they agreed to defer the payments?.... Do I write to them asking how they got their figure which is different from yours?
              Thanx so much for all help and advice...very much appreciated as always

Comment

did you have a recent letter about the arrears - if you can send me a copy I will do you a reply disputing the amount and also stating about your agreement.

I have a link about a recent case on the multiple agreement argument I have sent to the site as I am not sure where to post it. A bit hard for me to understand but may be relevant to yours - not sure

Jan
                http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

Comment

They lost that Appeal case

The result
                  • In my judgment the 2002 mortgage was not a multiple agreement within section 18(1)(a). It is therefore enforceable.
                  • In the light of that conclusion, the appeal from the possession orders is dismissed. I shall consider with Counsel when handing this judgment down whether the proceedings should now be retransferred to Worksop for enforcement purposes.

Comment

thanks - OTR they said this case of 29/01/09 was subject to an appeal that had not yet been heard.

Jan

Comment

thanx for above info dar but Im not sure if it relevant to our situation...I dont understand it all.
                      It was secured laon we got from welcome, not a mortgage so does that not make a difference.... I tried to read the link but to be honest, couldnt understand how it relates to us.
                      I will try get hubby to scan the arrears letter into computer tonight and send you a copy.
                      Thanx so much again for all help, time and advice...much appreciated

Comment

yes dont worry about that link it is beyond me as well! it just relates I think to your loan being a multiple agreement due to the way the funds were distributed - but you need help on that from a much more experienced person than me.

So still concentrate on the PPI and arrears I think after that you can consider the enforcibility.

Comment

I wish I could send you flowers or something as token of appreciation for all you are doin for me on here and even the spreadsheet dear, I know Im takin up a lot of your time but it really is much appreciated...
                          I feel such an idiot at times wen i dont know wat things mean and its nice to know people dont mock me for it wen I ask silly questions on this site.
                          My hubby gonna scan the letter of arrears tomorrow and I can send it to you so thanx again for that as well
                          Everyone on here has been great so a big thanx to everyone else who helped and advised so far

Comment

Really you dont have to keep worrying - we are only to pleased to help ,honestly .

If you get your PPI back we will all be thrilled for you.

To be honest borrowing on mortgages or loans is extremely complicated and even people on here have been mis-led or taken in by hidden terms - and thats why when they have suceeded they decide to stay and encourage others.

We may not succeed in every case , but at least it is worth a try and we do hate to see people taken advantage of. And believe me it happens in ALL parts of life and society. You are not alone.

Comment

I must just be unlucky wen it comes to money matters. Im havin trouble with car dealership now who ordered wrong part for my car but they refused refund and I had to order new part and pay for it as well...Now Im stuck with a part for my car that wasnt needed.
                              I have put thread up on here to see if anyone can help.... My luck is terrible recently

Comment

Subbing. Cos I'm bored having beaten off RBS again and need another fight. So Welcome and their poxy PPI will do for starters.

Unenforcable agreement too, it looks like. But since I borrowed the money, I'll be paying it back. Except for the PPI that is.

I'll start me own thread in a day or 2.
                                My Blog
                                http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X