• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: welcome finance help needed

ok so if I print out two letters from the link above and keep one for my own records and post the other one recorded delivery to the nottigham office, to the compliance office would that be correct?
    I know I sound totally stupid but I just want to get things right...Thanx so much to everyone for their help and advice....very much appreciated

Comment

Sounds ok - but have you personalised the letter to your circumstances as to why you think it was mis-sold?
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Dont just include all the possible areas from a template letter, it needs to accurately reflect your own experience at the point of sale and nothing else.

Generally (as with my own two WFS loans) the script they used was that you could have the loan but only if you also agreed to have the PPI.

Comment

yeah they told us the ppi was condition of loan because we had bad credit history at the time so we had no option but to sign the agreement... Our house was in bad state of repair and we thot the money would help us increase the value etc
          I will personalise the letter before doin anythin with it, will get help on it as well cause I aint the brightest bulb in the box.....
          Anyways, thanx again to everyone helpin on this matter...much appreciated

Comment

Poochie, to be honest the whys and where fors are immaterial here, we're not here to judge anyone.
            You have been miss-sold PPI and even worse lead up the garden path from a company you believed wasacting in your best interests, but have simply taken advantage of you.
            Last edited by Curlyben; 29th January 2009, 22:35:PM.

Comment

Also poochie please dont run yourself down, we are all here to help one another. Post up what you do and we can offer tweaks if it needs it. Call it fine tuning lol.

I am the first to admit I got a head like a sieve, so prob ask more questions than other might...........................and then forget them again.

We're all only human.

Comment

Thanx so much to everyone, I appreciate all time and advice etc given to me and due to seriousness of matter, I wont send anythin until I have checked it is ok with you guys. I have printed off copies of templates and will personalise them either tonight or tomorrow and let you guys see it before it goes recorded delivery.
                I will also do as advised, and keep notes and track any mail I send to them etc.
                I need to know which address I send the letter to tho, is it the compliance dept in nottingham?... Thanx again everyone

Comment

I have typed up a letter relatin to how we were mis-sold the ppi and sent it to scoobydoo to see if its ok before sendin it.....
                  Thanx again to everyone on here

Comment

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD MERE WAY,
                    RUDDINGTON FIELDS BUSINESS PARK,
                    RUDDINGTON,
                    NOTTINGHAM,
                    NG11 6NZ

This is the head office so just send it here.

Comment

Have you checked to see if the policy exists??

Comment

no, we just assumed it did...we dont know how to chek see if it exists...I have asked welcome local office for info on our policy and medicare and just keep gettin fobbed off with waitin for return calls but we never get them...... we never got the info in SAR either so i sent a letter to say they had 14days to give us the info but got nothing......

Comment

Well all the info should have come with your SAR request in any case.
                          I would put all this in your complaint to the FOS after you have sent of the first letter to Welcome (cause they will no doubt fob you off).
                          If you have no policy or info on the PPI and medicare, how would be expected to make a claim on it?

Comment

Hi poochie

It would be better if you could post your ppi letter up here without personal details as the other posters are the experts in this area.

I am checking through your statements and putting them on a spread sheet.

As far as you know have you only had one interest rate change / change in monthly payment? (
                            the one where they did not change your DD?

Also does any one know why on the firsts statement (post 6 short statement loan started 22/3/05) why there would be entries of debit and credit for insurance premiums and fee disimbursement credits ?\but the running balance does not change?
                            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post

Also does any one know why on the firsts statement (post 6 short statement loan started 22/3/05) why there would be entries of debit and credit for insurance premiums and fee disimbursement credits ?\but the running balance does not change?
                              If you look at the first agreement you will see that those figures are added into the agreement they are added into the total therefore only once.
                              One is for the PPI and one is for fee disimbursement, I should think is the charge for setting up the loan, not sure, but all is ok if you just remember to go upwards when doing your figures.
                              Enaid x

Comment

our initial payments were £321 and have changed a few times so will go check see if I kept the letter about amounts changin due to interest etc.
                                I dont know how to add the letter onto this page but will try get someone do it later for me...Thanx again to everyone

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X